What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Raiders

Benek

Juniors
Lousi in for Henry will be a bigger loss than one might think. We have the potential to smash the Raiders but I'm starting to get a bad feeling about this.

ozbash

Referee
Feki is ok, but most likely be in NSW cup of he were still here.
Robinson the same really, but a good honest player.

The grief expressed when we lost Likiliki, nafe, ioane, Sao really laughable.

oh yes,, very true...

and we bought in Allwood, Neilsen and Peyroux to replace them and a 'marque' coach...

sound business sense. :lol:

Meth

Staff member
Agreed. No one to grind my teeth over. Even Hiku, as good as he is. Though Hiku and Leeson Ah Mau would find a place in our current squad. Hiku starting. Ah Mau on the bench.

nah

Lossy

Juniors
Better than Gubb, either Lousi, Paasi (at the moment), Matagi for workrate, and probably Bakuya. A second rower that can play prop if you have to bring a fringe player in. Improves with each long stint and turns out is a better second rower than a prop.

But not an impact player, which is what we tend to look for, and we don't really need more second rowers. I'm not saying buy him... but if he was still here that's where he'd sit.

sup42

Juniors
I wouldn't really worry about forwards from SL. For sure it's a gamble, if you'd asked me how players like Sam Moa or Mike Cooper would go in the NRL before they moved, I'd have told you to look in reserve grade. Seriously, the guys I mentioned are in a completely different league to those guys. But moving players across the world does have it's risks, no doubt.

With respect, I disagree - quite frankly I feel you're overrating your wing stocks because they're your juniors.

Vatuvei is a great weapon, but infinitely exploitable by any winger with a bit of speed (and a team with suppliers with any nous to get behind/around him). He isn't the youngest and the inevitable shift closer to the middle is only getting closer.

Fusitua is very young and very raw, but no question he seems to have the potential - but I imagine it'll take a fair bit of time to bring his defence to standard.

Allwood... well I'll have to see him away from the basketcase that is the Raiders to judge him fairly.

For me, maybe this is a personal thing, but players like Kata and Laumape should not be on the wing unless you're desperate. Sure they will have the bulk to physically defend, but they're both too damn short (and without the jump to compensate) to be anything other than a liability, especially when they already have players of a similar stature as their centre. IMO it's just asking for trouble.

Fisiiahi may get somewhere if he can keep his speed - which is never a certainty even for the less injury prone - and grow up a lot more in the way he plays, and importantly defends. I'd class him as a maybe, but in first grade I clearly haven't seen what you guys have faith in with him.

Your team seem keen to sign Matai - if it were me I would bother with a guy about to hit the cliff in terms of ability, I'd be after a young winger without the glaring holes in their game. SL is finally starting to produce the same type of backs that Australia has been using for years - tall, fast, strong and with great rugby instincts.

In the Hamilton Trial Wigan played their Juniors ( including a couple of names you mentioned as Wing options ) they destroyed the Warriors B team fringe players ( to be fair a chunk of stars were missing from the Warriors Potential Junior options....most were on NRL nines duty ).

The key difference between those ESL wingers and our Wings is they slotted straight into the structure and defended like they knew what they were doing.
Ben FLower played well against the Warriors full strength Prop rotation.....among others.

The Warriors of all the teams in the NRL should be weighing up defensive wingers....wingers with footballing intelligence to counter balance their power running centers coming through.

The Edge defence of the Warriors has been the biggest weakness for as long as i can remember.

Last edited: