What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Tigers

They 4 weeks yesterday.

In the team release it said that he was training with the team yesterday.

Someone is playing funny buggers.

I'd expect Lawton to start with Cook on the bench.

Ivan use to love the last minute change up if I remember correctly.

Heard last night around the Manly naming of 22 that they will name Hastings as don't have 22 fit players in their top squad.
It was suggested just to name an injured player to make the list of 22 if they aren't going to put Hastings in the team.

So naming Luke might just save putting an extra name on the team list??? Much like Kata the weeks before?

Big Marn

Juniors
Ivan use to love the last minute change up if I remember correctly.

Heard last night around the Manly naming of 22 that they will name Hastings as don't have 22 fit players in their top squad.
It was suggested just to name an injured player to make the list of 22 if they aren't going to put Hastings in the team.

So naming Luke might just save putting an extra name on the team list??? Much like Kata the weeks before?
wheres Jazz then?

Benek

Juniors
I don't get naming Luke when they've already announced he's out for 4 weeks.

sup42

Juniors
I don't get naming Luke when they've already announced he's out for 4 weeks.
Apparently Luke's recovery has been a surprise to all, he was running completely freely at training at managing contact like someone fully fit....

The same is true of Kata, recovery faster than predicted, mean while Beale is taking much longer than originally projected.

sup42

Juniors
Apparently Luke's recovery has been a surprise to all, he was running completely freely at training at managing contact like someone fully fit....

The same is true of Kata, recovery faster than predicted, mean while Beale is taking much longer than originally projected.
I rarely quote my own posts but this is inaccurate.

Luke hasn't done opposed training, that will come tomorrow. Lawton to start at Hooker if Luke doesn't pass his tests.

TheDMC

Bench
I rarely quote my own posts but this is inaccurate.

Luke hasn't done opposed training, that will come tomorrow. Lawton to start at Hooker if Luke doesn't pass his tests.

Kind of annoying that the warriors never released any info on the actual knee problem. How the hell are we meant to make good tips without such basic info. It’s all a bit fishy.

sup42

Juniors
Kind of annoying that the warriors never released any info on the actual knee problem. How the hell are we meant to make good tips without such basic info. It’s all a bit fishy.
And the days of odd information leak out of the Warriors off the record etc are all but over...although this is a good thing....the place used to leak like a sieve.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
And the days of odd information leak out of the Warriors off the record etc are all but over...although this is a good thing....the place used to leak like a sieve.
As a fan though I'd like to know what's going on with my teams marquee player/s and the preparation for the coming week

sup42

Juniors
As a fan though I'd like to know what's going on with my teams marquee player/s and the preparation for the coming week
Especially with injury updates.
I find the cloak and dagger stuff highly annoying, Ivan used to love naming a changed line up an hour before kick off, often it was so obvious it was coming that you had to wonder what the point was really.

Kearney is of the same ilk if he can get away with it, already we have seen the ridiculous naming of Kata last week, and he would have named Harris were it not for the Concussion protocols....although he forgot them when interviewed (talking about Harris being closely monitored for possible return last week when the rules don't allow for him to actually do that).

I guess it must be felt to have some Art of War advantage or intelligent men wouldn't risk insulting their peers with the tactic.

Meth

Staff member
If Luke is no chance of playing, cut the bullshit.

If Luke is a chance of playing, I really hope they know what they’re doing. Risking him is risking our season, I think.

Blair

Coach
Luke's in tremendous form but I won't be losing sleep over whether he's playing tomorrow or not.

I'm always keen to see new recruits get a run. Both Lawton (first grade) and Cherrington (reserves) will be interesting to see. It keeps our whole club match-ready.

Luke comes back when he's 100 per cent, and not too far away, hopefully.

I'm more surprised with the amount of gambling on games now days that there is not more regulations surrounding it all.

Reactions: JJ

Meth

Staff member
I'm more surprised with the amount of gambling on games now days that there is not more regulations surrounding it all.

The clubs/players should carry on as if there was no such thing as gambling, tipping comps, super coach etc

If they want to name Luke and then play Lawton or Cook, go ahead. I don't quite get the rationale for it, but no part of me cares about some punter who puts some money on him being the first try scorer or whatever.

sup42

Juniors
The Jiggery pokery around naming players that may or may not ever have been intended to play is a tactic out of the Art of War by Chinese Philosopher and Military tactician SunTsu.

All business's and sports organisations adopt the core principles it's pretty much entwined in the fabric of Western Society and it is not mutually exclusive to Western Military thinking, it just happens to be a lot older,

All Warfare is based on the Art of deception is one of the more famous teachings.

Appear Strong when you are weak, appear Weak when you are strong is another....

and particular to Ivan 'know your enemy like you know yourself and you need not fear the outcome of one hundred battles'.

If Luke is out I have the Tigers as favorites for that reason, Ivan knows the Warrior brain.

Last edited:

JJ

Immortal
Bit over the Art of War bullshit TBH this boofhead smoke and mirrors is just irritating

As Phil said the betting is an issue

But I'd suggest if the medic's prognosis really was 8 weeks they really should find themselves some competent medics