What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team Vs Knights

marty_dragon

Juniors
Lett was outstanding yet gets dropped for Del. Man that is harsh.

I hope Del goes well but I don't like it when players are dropped after playing well.

Knights will give the Dragons a good run.

Coach Smith has the wood over the Dragons from memory.

in all due respect to lett (who has been playing awesome) del is a dual international and must bring heaps of confidence to the team , the boys must love playing with him ... i guess you can sorta see where brown is coming from ....

Mr Red

First Grade
i really doubt if wendell is fit enough or simply got enough football under his belt at the moment to come into the team. Lett really didnt do anything wrong last game, and i sense that Wendell still has a few errors and timing issues in his game which could be costly.

i am really worried about chase "human turnstyle" stanley in the forwards... the kid is well out of form and hasnt got the intenstity or agression in his game to combat the newcastle pack.. what is brown thinking???? we had better back rowers going around.... hell even Reynoldson would be up for a big game against his former team and would love to prove Brian Smith wrong about sacking him... give him a run i say.

Ribs

Bench
I wouldnt be surprised if Reynoldson starts to be honest....

I think Wendell will do more forward work than Chase Stanley, it will be a weird set up.

Looking forward to the Reynoldson thing. Reading a few comments from the Knights fans, they seem to think he'll cop heaps. He didnt do much wrong to them did he?

macavity

Referee
Looking forward to the Reynoldson thing. Reading a few comments from the Knights fans, they seem to think he'll cop heaps. He didnt do much wrong to them did he?

dragged the club's name through the mud when the club didn't do anything to him that it wasn't entitled to do. caused a division in the club and the town for his own selfish ends.

generally played crap for us whilst on huge coin (albeit cant blame him for taking the coin).

I have met Reyno socially a few times. top bloke. but he seriously should have let it go when we didn't extend his contract.

Cagey Mac

Bench
I think Stanley will spend at least as much time on the wing as he does in the back row
I’m thinking
o Reynoldson to start
o Stanley to start on the wing
o Dell on Bench
o Reynoldson off after 25 minutes of destruction
o Stanley from wing to back row
o Dell comes on to smash em out wide while Stanley provides some spark among the tiring big Knights forwards

But will Coops back up?
Will Stanley end up inside Dell and will Lett be on the Bench?
Will the first Lett banner be McCartney inspired “Lett it Be” or Stone’s related “Lett it Bleed” will it be Purple’s “Black Knight” or “When the Saint’s Go Marching In”
I think that the latter must be the order of the day. When James Milton Black and Katherine Purvis originally published their homage to the Dragons in 1896, the game, let alone the team hadn’t been conceived. Forget your Nostradamus’ quatrains, these dudes predicted the greatest run of GF victories in the history of the world.

The last and most significant question is will Tony Smith run out at 5/8 for the Knights

Boy those cold and flu tablets really work!

macavity

Referee
Didnt Smith dump him one game short of his extension?

Smith deservedly dumped him 2 games short because of poor form

he got a re-call and we got 50 put on us and he was one of the worst on ground for us

he didn't get another recall

if he was playing well, he would have got the exentsion, that is the crux of the matter.

as it stands, you certainly got the better of the wicks/reyno trade. wicks is woeful. he won't play against your mob I dont think - no heart.

Ribs

Bench
He seemed to divide the place so not everyone had the same opinion it would seem....

Wicks has a heart, you just cant find it with all the girth.

Syren

Juniors
If the trend continues, Cooper will miss the game. Lett goes in for him, Stanley shifts to centre, Dell... maybe be on the bench and Lett on the wing, just my impression if Coops doesnt play.

macavity

Referee
He seemed to divide the place so not everyone had the same opinion it would seem....

yes, Newcastle has its share of stupid people that don't understand contract law.

seems Reyno was previously one of them.

Ribs

Bench
From memory it divided the team..... so it seems not all the players blamed Reynoldson.

Ribs

Bench
Given its a home game, they've been hammering fans to turn up and its a must win, Id say Buderus would have to lose a leg not to back up for this game.......

Drew-Sta

Staff member
yeah well at least drazic isnt my avatar

That's the worst comeback I've heard in a while and is on par with a 4 year old saying 'Yeah well... your mum!'

Stanley at number 12 is stupid at the moment. The kid has disappointed in the forwards and it's because we haven't taught him how to be one. We then switch him between the backs so much that he probably doesn't know that the hell he's doing when on the paddock, and frankly I'd prefer to leave him out of the side altogether and send him to Brisbane so Bennett can start tutoring him than keep picking him in a different position each week.

And that's coming from someone who wants to see him actually IN the back row.

Ribs

Bench
Im pretty sure he's done them all Mr Ed. Also represented us at Wimbledon last year.

Latest posts