What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team vs. Titans

Benek

Juniors
http://www.warriors.co.nz/news-display/TEAM-ANNOUNCEMENT-Vodafone-Warriors-v-Titans/73543

1 KEVIN LOCKE
2 BILL TUPOU
3 JEROME ROPATI
4 BEN HENRY
5 MANU VATUVEI
6 THOMAS LEULUAI
7 SHAUN JOHNSON
8 SAM RAPIRA
9 NATHAN FRIEND
10 RUSSELL PACKER
11 FELETI MATEO
12 SIMON MANNERING (c)
13 TODD LOWRIE
Interchange:
14 BEN MATULINO
15 JACOB LILLYMAN
16 ELIJAH TAYLOR
17 PITA GODINET
18 NGANI LAUMAPE

Why the hell Tupou over Laumape on the wing!? And why not Laumape in centre to replace Hurrell or take JBro's spot? Very puzzling considering he's been our best outside back all season and JBro showed up how much he sucks last game!

hitman82

Bench
Ahahaha, nice.
Elliot has simply gone for the most experienced team available. May not agree with some of these selections, particularly dropping Laumape... but I can see where M.E is coming from.

Penrose11

Juniors
I recall ME saying quite early on in the piece that he wont be playing 2nd rowers in the centres and then named Mannering n Benry as 2 examples? ? My money is on a late gameday change with JRo dropping out of 17th altogether and Laumape coming in

vvvrulz

Coach
He was looking to keep Henry after his strong game so slotted him into the centres, but how Ropati then got the nod ahead of Laumape is like hitman said only about experience. Stupid call.

Apart from that and my usual gripe with Leuluai, the team is all good.

Rich102

Staff member
It's still April. The serious team will come out later in the week.

Diesel

Referee
I hope that J-Ro isn't in the team. I hope Laumape is in, he deserves it.

Surely this can't be the 3/4 line to play.

Scorpio30

Bench
This was (and maybe still is) the first game of the season that I thought Warriors should win...Home to a hot n cold Titans.

Iafeta

Referee
I don't think it'll be quite that trivial illiterate. I really doubt they'd sack for playing Ropati TBF mate.

Its also possible with Ngani that they may want him to play for the Vulcans a bit more. Seems their current strategy around their younger players like Palavi, Tuimavave, Seijka, Taukieaho is to not rush them up from the Vulcans, to avoid a lot of the issues they've had in the past.

LeftRightOut

Juniors
I missed the Storm match so can't comment on Ropati's performance, but leaving Laumape out is disappointing.
If he misses the final 17, perhaps the Vulcans run will galvanize his ambition to perform consistently (as he has been) in first grade.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
I don't think it'll be quite that trivial illiterate. I really doubt they'd sack for playing Ropati TBF mate.

Its also possible with Ngani that they may want him to play for the Vulcans a bit more. Seems their current strategy around their younger players like Palavi, Tuimavave, Seijka, Taukieaho is to not rush them up from the Vulcans, to avoid a lot of the issues they've had in the past.

I have been really impressed with Ngani's performances, plenty of intent/focus and pretty good all round.

However after the last game, I do believe it is the right thing to do - he needs to improve his positioning just a little and be quick laterally.
If he doesnt get put back in vulcans, then I hope he plays centre.

The warriors have done a good job on Laumape, no doubt.
He will just get better - to be honest I had seen him play before last year, but he didnt have a blockboster year in nyc last year.

did anybody see Parramatta's team. They have named like three debutants (all kiwis)?
Pehwairangi (replacing loko), Peni Terepo, Kaysa Pritchard

Penrose11

Juniors
Very conservative 1-5 named. Both Hurrell and Laumape had a bit of flair going for them but with both JRo n Benry any spark being developed just isnt there. Other than Shaun scoring from distance, unsure whete our tries will come from.

MKEB...

Staff member
Sad thing is, I think we will win this game...Jro will score a try or two; and be persevered with till the end of the season....bad defensive reads or not.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
The back line really doesn't fill me with confidence.

I just hope we aren't rushing Manu back, Laumape was doing a good job so Manu could have had a couple more weeks off to get tip top, instead of possibly aggravating another injury.

Still have a feeling Laumape will find his way into the team somehow.

Ropo MUST perform.