What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Teddy

DanOz

Juniors
All I can say is I hope this kid stays injury free this year. He looks bigger but is also faster. Can't believe he did his knee and has come back as fast as he is. Hope the kid kills it for us this year. I had flashes of the hype at the end of last season, now I am really excited.

super_coach

First Grade
The last few games of 2013 he showed their was plenty of substance to the hype surrounding his ability.

If he keeps injury free, he will be a standout in 2014, he has all the skills and than some

DanOz

Juniors
The last few games of 2013 he showed their was plenty of substance to the hype surrounding his ability.

If he keeps injury free, he will be a standout in 2014, he has all the skills and than some
If you build a team around 1,6,7 & 9, all we need now is a 6. For years we were light in the engine room but I think we probably have that covered now. If not 2014, I think 2015 will be a good year

R2Coupe

Juniors
When Tedesco has achieved as much as Slater, Inglis, Belcher, Jack and co he will be worthy of all the threads that have been started on him. Until then, ..........

DanOz

Juniors
When Tedesco has achieved as much as Slater, Inglis, Belcher, Jack and co he will be worthy of all the threads that have been started on him. Until then, ..........
Mate I will be happy if he plays as well for us as Hodgson but in his own way. He looks better than Moltzen ever did. Moving in the right direction

R2Coupe

Juniors
He has a lot of talent and I admire his courage in coming back from a knee injury. I admire Moltzen for his battles as well. I just hope expectations aren't too great on him from supporters. I'd be happy for him to have a solid year.

gronkathon

First Grade
I fondly remember someone telling us last year how Moltzen was a better fullback and that Rowe was better again

innsaneink

Referee
I wish he had a higher knee lift running style, with the same speed...he seems to glide more than run

Tiger05

First Grade
Tedesco has talent but has it all to prove. As far as last year is concerned, Simona, Tedesco and Korobeite had it all over him for performance yet we read thread after thread about the pet!'

I assume you are stating that Simona, Nofo & Koro outperformed Tedesco last year. I think that Simona definitely did outperform Tedesco but SImona was our best outside back by a mile. Koro had some defensive issues along with the obvious speed and Nofo did well but I think Tedesco pipped them both.

Tedesco did really well. I stated that he needs some zip to turn into a quality long term option at fullback and I think he showed that in patches late last year and in the 9's. He has a massive ticker and seems to be everywhere. He can ball play a little, backs up well, is pretty solid defensively and I'm hopeful that this year we see him start making some busts like Simona did.

Yes he has a lot to prove and yes some people that were comparing him to Slater or Dugan were way over the top however he looks like a really good option at this point.

macnaz

Staff member
I fondly remember someone telling us last year how Moltzen was a better fullback and that Rowe was better again

AND constantly called him turnstyles. I wouldnt say he was our best last year but to show the improvement he did over the year whilst overcoming knee surgery and also carrying a leg fracture demonstrated he will be a special player once 100% fit.

macnaz

Staff member
I assume you are stating that Simona, Nofo & Koro outperformed Tedesco last year. I think that Simona definitely did outperform Tedesco but SImona was our best outside back by a mile. Koro had some defensive issues along with the obvious speed and Nofo did well but I think Tedesco pipped them both.

Tedesco did really well. I stated that he needs some zip to turn into a quality long term option at fullback and I think he showed that in patches late last year and in the 9's. He has a massive ticker and seems to be everywhere. He can ball play a little, backs up well, is pretty solid defensively and I'm hopeful that this year we see him start making some busts like Simona did.

Yes he has a lot to prove and yes some people that were comparing him to Slater or Dugan were way over the top however he looks like a really good option at this point.

I dont believe ppl were comparing him to the players you mentioned but merely predicting he can or will be that good , I for one believe without further injury will without doubt be a future rep player .

macnaz

Staff member
I wish he had a higher knee lift running style, with the same speed...he seems to glide more than run

He definitely has an unusual running style , particularly someone who had a sprinting background when younger. Perhaps its a result of his knee injury.

BuffaloRules

Coach
I'll put my hand up.

I was bagging him last year and didn't think he had what it took to be a fullback and was suggesting he move to the wing.

I'm liking his efforts at the 9's - he was by far the brightest star in what was a very faint far away galaxy.

He seems to have put on some bulk and got quicker.

That's not easy to do (ask Benji and Lawrence)

Matchball

Bench
I'll put my hand up.

I was bagging him last year and didn't think he had what it took to be a fullback and was suggesting he move to the wing.

I'm liking his efforts at the 9's - he was by far the brightest star in what was a very faint far away galaxy.

He seems to have put on some bulk and got quicker.

That's not easy to do (ask Benji and Lawrence)

I'm with you. I didn't think he had what it took. Slipping over was fashion for a while.
I'm impressed now and happily eat humble pie.

R2Coupe

Juniors
You've made my case. After 20 games, some of which were absolute shockers. and potential being used to describe him, he does not warrant the multiple "teddy" threads on this forum. Go watch Slater, Inglis and Stewart who do warrant the accolades. By the way, are you his publicist cheerleader?

Tiger05

First Grade
I reckon the criticism of Tedesco was and if it is still coming is a bit harsh. He is young and had a tough injury his first year (10 minutes or whatever it was) in the top grade. He then came back and played solid but not flashy footy.

I definitely stated he had to do more but I can't remember any shockers. Fullback is such a key position that you can't have an average first grader there. The thing is at the back end of last season to me he looked like he was really starting to come on and some of those runs in the 9's were class.

I don't want to talk him up too much just yet but I reckon he could fit into the fullback role for us for a while. He could be one of our best players this year.

Radical Rat

Juniors
You've made my case. After 20 games, some of which were absolute shockers. and potential being used to describe him, he does not warrant the multiple "teddy" threads on this forum. Go watch Slater, Inglis and Stewart who do warrant the accolades. By the way, are you his publicist cheerleader?

And I'm sure there are multiple threads about those players in their respective forums. It just blows my mind that you can bag people about starting Tedesco threads IN THE TIGERS FORUM, when you've just tried starting one on Jordan Kahu for f*cks sake.

macnaz

Staff member
The end of the day R2 some people can see talent a mile of and some cant see it until they have achieved greatness. Perhaps it's better to sit back and wait and see if people are wrong ;) .

Put my post in your favorites , if he doesn't suffer injury he will be a future test player.

Last edited: