What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tedesco

Ghipo

Juniors
Potter is saying publicly that they have made him a "good" offer.

If that is rubbish, then why is he going along with it?

Doesn't he want to do everything he can to keep one of best players?

Or does he really think $320K is good money for him?

I genuinely believe Potter has been kept in the dark by Mayer. I believe Mayer has told the media and Potter its' 500k a year when in actual fact its nearly 200k less. Potter said The Wests Tigers off is multi million which it isn't. On the other hand the Raiders is.

Teddy never wanted to leave but the lie's being told as opposed to what his getting told from Stuart may just force him to go.

Mayer has dragged this out for months basically because he doesn't rate Tedesco.

BuffaloRules

Coach
So you think Teddy wouldn't tell Potter in private if he thought he was getting dudded?

And you know but Potter doesn't?

I find that a bit hard to believe.

Ghipo

Juniors
So you think Teddy wouldn't tell Potter in private if he thought he was getting dudded?

And you know but Potter doesn't?

I find that a bit hard to believe.

I don't know I am just looking for excuses as to why Potter would say something that wasn't true.

macnaz

Staff member
I also find it hard to believe Mayer doesnt rate him ... the whole league world knows he is special.

TimmyB

Juniors
You are kidding. If Tedesco leaves we are f**ked. Simple as that.

A quality #1 is hard to come by these days and we won't have one unless we spend big (which we obviously can't).
Hmmm, I don't really agree with this.

I actually think fullback has more depth than any position in the NRL.

For instance:
Stewart
Dugan
Hayne
Slater
Inglis
Hiku
Tuivasa-Sheck
Gordon
Locke
Barba (Admittedly horribly out of form)
Milford
Hoffman (could play fullback)
Tomkins
Tedesco

Are all class players. Name one other position with that much depth.

Penrith have Moylan who is a star of the future. Dogs have Perrett who is average, Cowboys have Morgan who is average, and Titans have Zillman who is very average.

With than in mind spending huge money on everything except the very, very anything except the top drawer fullback is madness. And by top drawer I mean Slater, Inglis, and Hayne. The modern game is built on second man plays. It gives fullbacks a lot of space and makes them look like superstars. Sure we need a good fullback, and certainly someone better than what Rowe has shown us - though he's certainly improved in certain weeks.

Let's just remember Tedesco didn't look amazing when we were very ordinary last year. For all we know if you slotted someone like Hoffman in for us this year he'd be going as well as Tedesco has.

TimmyB

Juniors
Not aimed at you Hybrid, just think we need a little perspective here.

We can't pay superstar prices for a guy who might be a superstar. We just can't.

Given Tedesco's injury history, if the club was proposing to pay this sort of money to sign him and risk losing all three of Gavet/Thompson/Akoula we'd be crying lunacy.

Let's remember we have two other potential superstars to inject into the team in Sironen (immediately) and Moses (in the next 6 to 18 months) and that Rowe will continue to improve. We don't need a superstar in every position to win a premiership.

Last edited:

IN THE KNOW

Juniors
i hope we dont sacrifice good foot soldiers for one inexperienced injury prone young player with plenty of potential. Dont pay overs and he should show some loyalty to a club who has stuck by him.

Red Bear

Referee
Hybrid is certainly correct in saying a quality fullback is vital, but I agree with TimmyB that you can find a fullback easier than the other key spine positions. It more stands out if you have a shit fullback, compared to how a good half sands out.

Would be a shame if you lost him, I enjoyed that brief period of watching Tedesco, Brooks and Farah playing together

Radical Rat

Juniors
Hmmm, I don't really agree with this.

I actually think fullback has more depth than any position in the NRL.

For instance:
Stewart
Dugan
Hayne
Slater
Inglis
Hiku
Tuivasa-Sheck
Gordon
Locke
Barba (Admittedly horribly out of form)
Milford
Hoffman (could play fullback)
Tomkins
Tedesco

Are all class players. Name one other position with that much depth.

Penrith have Moylan who is a star of the future. Dogs have Perrett who is average, Cowboys have Morgan who is average, and Titans have Zillman who is very average.

With than in mind spending huge money on everything except the very, very anything except the top drawer fullback is madness. And by top drawer I mean Slater, Inglis, and Hayne. The modern game is built on second man plays. It gives fullbacks a lot of space and makes them look like superstars. Sure we need a good fullback, and certainly someone better than what Rowe has shown us - though he's certainly improved in certain weeks.

Let's just remember Tedesco didn't look amazing when we were very ordinary last year. For all we know if you slotted someone like Hoffman in for us this year he'd be going as well as Tedesco has.

He played all last year with an injury (hair line crack in the bone of his leg?). We all saw what he is capable of at the start of this year. A spine of Robbie, Brooks, Moses and Tedesco is premiership material.

I get what you're saying and of course we want to keep everyone, but Tedesco is irreplaceable. In saying that I am tired of the circus and just want it sorted out one way or the other. I live in Canberra, if he comes here I will have a new arch nemesis.

Radical Rat

Juniors
We probably can't match 700k a season. But maybe 550-600k. Weren't player wages meant to sky rocket with this new TV deal? In the next few years 600k might turn out to be a steal for us.

I genuinely believe Potter has been kept in the dark by Mayer. I believe Mayer has told the media and Potter its' 500k a year when in actual fact its nearly 200k less. Potter said The Wests Tigers off is multi million which it isn't. On the other hand the Raiders is.

Teddy never wanted to leave but the lie's being told as opposed to what his getting told from Stuart may just force him to go.

Mayer has dragged this out for months basically because he doesn't rate Tedesco.

What a ridiculous conclusion to draw. Thats just f**kin stupid.

Leaguelegend20

Juniors
In terms of replacing Tedesco, I'd be looking at Gutherson, Mamo, Anthony Don or Nathan Gardner. All are great players who would be on half of what we would have offered Tedesco.

Ghipo

Juniors
We probably can't match 700k a season. But maybe 550-600k. Weren't player wages meant to sky rocket with this new TV deal? In the next few years 600k might turn out to be a steal for us.

Wests Tigers are not using all of their cap because basically they are broke. They could offer 400k 500k or 600k a year but choose to only offer 300k.

Loyalty is not worth a million dollars over 3 years.

There is no choice to be made. Grant Mayer has made the choice for him very easy in the end.

Ghipo

Juniors