What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Test Cricket Live on ABC TV again

Anonymous

Juniors
This Friday 18th July in Darwin, Australia play Bangladesh in Test Cricket.

For the first time in many years, the ABC has been allowed to do a live telecast of the Cricket. It's only Bangladesh but that in itself is an event...

...more intersting is that the national broadcaster has been allowed to offer live coverage when previously, channel 9 held something of a monopoly on FTA cricket.

In the past, Channel 9 would most likely have chosen to ignore the Test series and no one else would have been able to show it.

GBT

Juniors
I suppose having cricket returning to ABC would be like it returning to the BBC.

I'm not certain, but I think all our matches are on either C4 and Sky. Sky cover overseas tours live - something that rarely happened on the Beeb.

Anonymous

Juniors
Gav, Fox have a fairly good coverage of cricket on Pay TV.

I hope we get more sport on the ABC. It's free to air and has no advertisements. I remember when I was a kid watching the players shifting field positions between overs... this was taken away when Channel 9 gained control and placed ads into every nook and cranny.

Ch 9 have the rights to most sports and as a result, they neglect it, choosing to show re-runs of some life-style programme rather than showing the final session of a day's play.

GBT

Juniors
Fox like Sky, are a part of Murdochs empire. They do a good job IMHO of cricket in the UK, even though I'm not really an afficianado. I do like to watch the Ashes, especially from downunder. I usually turn the TV sound off and listen to BBC radio 4's coverage.

Once saw a live Windies v England match from Jamaica or Trinidad and I noticed a GB flag with Mytholmroyd on it.

Anonymous

Juniors
GBT said:
I usually turn the TV sound off and listen to BBC radio 4's coverage.
Same here. I'm in the massive club that can't stand listening to Tony Grieg so where possible, I tune into ABC radio and turn down the sound on the box.
Thats another big plus about the ABC TV getting the broadcast rights... no dickheads.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Where did you get this from?

According to online and offline TV guides only channel 9 are showing the Test.

El Diablo

Post Whore
And now it's live on 9 and there's some kids shit on the ABC.

Who's your dealer, Willow? lol

Anonymous

Juniors
El Duque said:
Where did you get this from?

According to online and offline TV guides only channel 9 are showing the Test.
Channel 2 advertised it last Tuesday night - then I made the post. They were going on about how it was great to have cricket live on the ABC again and how they used to have it live on TV years ago... they were celebratory in the return of live TV cricket etc.

I'm nowhere near a TV at the moment mate. Don't know what the story is but I saw the advert and I wasn't smoking or drinking at the time. :shock:

Anonymous

Juniors
Found it...

ABC TV are broadcasting day three of the Aust v Bangladesh Test match.

Sunday 20 July 9.55 am

ABC CRICKET: AUSTRALIA VS BANGLADESH: 1ST TEST: DAY THREE

Rating: (Live, G)
Running Time: 125 mins
Categories: Sports Programmes

Taken from:
http://www.ebroadcast.com.au/tv/

So I stand half corrected...

Mind you, from what I'm hearing on the radio news, the match probably won't make it to day three.

Anonymous

Juniors
El Duque said:
Willow said:
Mind you, from what I'm hearing on the radio news, the match probably won't make it to day three.

That's probably why 9 let them show it.
Thats because Ch 9 are prickheads. Probably got wind that the ABC were interested so they locked them out of day one and two just so your mate Tony Grieg could get another gig.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Willow said:
El Duque said:
Willow said:

That's probably why 9 let them show it.
Thats because Ch 9 are prickheads. Probably got wind that the ABC were interested so they locked them out of day one and two just so your mate Tony Grieg could get another gig.

My mate Tony Greig :lol:

Anonymous

Juniors
I wouldn't feed him. Is he doing the Ch 9 coverage? Any in depth commentary yet about the folk from Bangladesh?

El Diablo

Post Whore
Haven't really been listening but I don't think they've been too bad. Richie is awol which is a shame. He might commentate in England during their season?

Anonymous

Juniors
El Duque said:
Haven't really been listening but I don't think they've been too bad. Richie is awol which is a shame. He might commentate in England during their season?

I think he does. Gav would know for sure.
Can't even get it on the radio now. Last I heard the Banglas were all out for 90-something.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Willow said:
El Duque said:

I think he does. Gav would know for sure.
Can't even get it on the radio now. Last I heard the Banglas were all out for 90-something.

Bangladesh got 97 and Aus are 2/78.

bucko

Juniors
:lol:

It was always going to be lopsided, and to be honest i think they did well to last that long. Well done again to Steven Roger, what a man!!

Latest posts