What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Test match in Newcastle

obsulete

Juniors
I was watching the Broncos Tigers game on Premier sports and Phil Gould mentioned a possible test match in Newcastle two weeks after the GF?? Anyone know what that is about?

Simo

First Grade
I would guess Australia will play NZ as 1 game of the tri series before they both go to England rather than play AUS v NZ in Eng, they did this a few years back with Aus and NZ playing there games against each other here/NZ before they left.

Just guessing though.

IanG

Coach
More than likely. Seemed to favour playing Australia v New Zealand matches in Australia or New Zealand as oppose to playing them in England. Also wouldn't be the first time they've played a test in Newcastle

obsulete

Juniors
I was hoping it might be something exciting like france doing a tour of the pacific starting with a warm up against the Roos or PMs XIII

blukablu

Juniors
If its going to be played in Australia why not Brisbane? Considering it'll be Darren Lockyer's last ever game on home soil it would pretty much guaranteed a sell out at Suncorp.

RHCP

Bench
If its going to be played in Australia why not Brisbane? Considering it'll be Darren Lockyer's last ever game on home soil it would pretty much guaranteed a sell out at Suncorp.
Was waiting for this, although I expected more 'HOME OF RUGBY LEAGUE!!'

Tinkler would be paying twice as much as any potential revenue the game would make out of playing in Brisbane.

deluded pom?

Coach
But it might possibly be in addition to the Four Nations. Interesting...

That's the way I read it. I don't see how the Aussies can arrange a 4N match at such short notice when the RFL will already have things in place based around this match being played in the UK. Then again this IS rugby league and nothing would surprise me.