What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Test Teams

jbl31649

Juniors
Was speaking to a kiwi last night that I have got to know over the last month. He suggested a charity match where the Kiwi's play the AllBlacks.

One half of Union, other Half of League. Could swear my life away this has been done before with little success. Please correct me if I'm wrong?

Also he refered to the Kiwi's beating Kangroos 38-0 in the ANZAC tests in recent years. I've had a mind blank and struggling to find results for the one offs.

Anyone remember the results for the last 5.

And yes this for bragging rights!

hellteam

First Grade
From memory the kiwis haven't beaten aus in the mis season test since 1998, and there certainly wasn't a 38-0,victory by them.

hellteam

First Grade
I'll add further to that - last mid season tests again Nz since 2000:

2000 - Australia 52 v NZ 0
2001 - Australia 28 v NZ 10
2003 - Australia 48 v NZ 6
2004 - Australia 37 v NZ 10
2005 - Australia 32 v NZ 16
2006 - Australia 50 v NZ 12
2007 - Australia 30 v NZ 6
2008 - Australia 28 v NZ 12
2009 - Australia 38 v NZ 10
2010 - Australia 12 v NZ 8
2011 - Australia 20 v NZ 10

Source: www.rugbyleagueproject.org/matches/Custom/NDctLS0tLS0tLS0tLTMxLS15LS0tLS0tLQ==

NZ's last win the mid season test was in 1998 when they beat Aus 12-6 - it was also the only game actually played in Auckland, so hopefully it will be a good contest tomorrow night.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Last two years show the gap is closing in these one off Tests, once these become regulary competitive then its all over for Australia dominance.

TheDalek079

Bench
as an Easts fan, I love that 38-0 scoreline but NZ haven't won the ANZAC test in a decade. Perhaps he's thinking of the 24-0 trinations back in '05 or even a rugby match?

Blake

Juniors
Last two years show the gap is closing in these one off Tests, once these become regulary competitive then its all over for Australia dominance.

Um think you'll find this 'trend' of yours is a bit like clutching at straws. The closest they've gotten in 10 years is four points!

Fast Eddie

First Grade

Um think you'll find this 'trend' of yours is a bit like clutching at straws. The closest they've gotten in 10 years is four points!

:? I said the last two years, 12-8 and 20-10, I never said the last 10 years shows we are getting closer, the last two games at this time of year have been competitive. And if that starts to happen more regulary then Australias dominance will start to fade, because we can already compete well and truly with them in a series. In fact we have more trouble with England in England!

God damn there's some hillbilly hick redneck Aussies in this thread who seem about as smart as James Dumbau-bro. Feddie, I'm not sure if you could perhaps break the following post into mono-syllable words so some of these goons can understand, but you're spot on the mark with ...

wow, the irony is rich with this one. But I need some help pal, in understanding the situation. Who are the hillbilly rednecks in all this? Is it those who are happy to accept that the decision is James' to make, or the squawking, name-calling little cretins who seem to be very very angry for reasons I can't fathom? Your advice would be much appreciated.

We haven't won an anzac test since 98. We also haven't played one on home soil since 98.

Every year we have new combos. It's just the way it is for us. We have new guys burst onto the scene every year and it's hard to ignore them, so they get selected. Hoffman and Johnson are slotting into vital positions. Bromwich is also debuting. At the end of the year we'll have Taumalolo and Papali'i debuting. Eventually I think we will get some long term combinations settled, hopefully that begins before the World Cup.

I'm hoping the guys have bonded quickly this week and they're all ready for war.

Locke, Foran, Duffie and SBW will all be back in the back and white jersey before the WC as well.

Blake

Juniors
:? I said the last two years, 12-8 and 20-10, I never said the last 10 years shows we are getting closer, the last two games at this time of year have been competitive. And if that starts to happen more regulary then Australias dominance will start to fade, because we can already compete well and truly with them in a series. In fact we have more trouble with England in England!

I know what you said and the reason I singled out those two and three year slots is to show you that this so called trend is pretty pathetic because at no point do the kiwis actually win. Either it will be close this year or another massive blow out, which will be followed by a similar result the year after, so from that perspective they are very consistent! :lol:

Leagueaddict

Juniors
Going by both Aus and Nz selections looks like a decent contest tonight. Can't understand the kiwi's getting hot under the collar about Tamou and then in the next sentence saying he's not a good enough player anyway? Isn't that to their advantage then having him playing for us?:?

Yeap agree the whole turnaround was a bit of a shocker but it's up to the individual to make up their own mind be it for the $, allegiance or lack of grey material.

With our squad I have no drama's with Taylor or Gillet being there. My only concern is Squatmough. Tough as nails and a lotta mongrel in him but can give away some pretty stupid penalties when the temperatures rising. Taylor used to be very similar but has cleaned his act up a lot this season.

Come on kiwi's know you got a full 80 in ya, give us a game! Just make the win so much sweeter :D Cheers!

Latest posts