What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tex Hoy

I remember reading a lot about him when he was 14 or 15 and then he seemed to drop off the radar for a while but has been starring in Flegg and has now been picked in reserve grade for second week in a row. I think he is only 18 or 19?

Could he be be a future star

Son of surfer Matt Hoy who was close mates with Joey. Might get some free halves coaching.

Yosh

Coach
I remember reading a lot about him when he was 14 or 15 and then he seemed to drop off the radar for a while but has been starring in Flegg and has now been picked in reserve grade for second week in a row. I think he is only 18 or 19?

Could he be be a future star

Son of surfer Matt Hoy who was close mates with Joey. Might get some free halves coaching.

Never heard of him before sorry. Can you give more of an insight in terms of what sort of player he is?

PhilGould

Bench
Good little player. Played 18s earlier this year, got a run in 20s and killed it and now been put into reserve grade and won man of the match on debut. Could use a growth spurt.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
My neighbour played Matts against him, he was a standout in that game and kept an eye on him for the rest of that season.

He was always popping up on the scoresheet, haven’t looked since then but he was getting rave reviews from spectators who had seen him play as well.

Swarzey

Bench
He was highly touted when he first signed with the club but understandably he hasn't been mentioned much; don't want to put pressure and expectations on such young kids. If the NYC was still going, I reckon he'd be up there as one of the best but without that exposure, it's harder for fans to follow his development (and other talented juniors).

Great prospect from what I've seen and heard this year. Still has a lot of development left in him but is certainly one that the club needs to keep at almost all cost.

Yosh

Coach
What position does he play? Halves? I guess it doesn't matter if he is small then, unless he is Walsh small... If he is 18 to 19, he's only a tad younger than the likes of Cogger right?

Pedge1971

First Grade
Was listening to the ISP webcast last weekend when we flogged the Dogs. Little bloke was popping up everywhere and the commentators were talking him up.

But as we have seen with Lamb and Cogger the step up to nrl is huge. Need to give the kid some space to develop.

Old dog

Juniors
He has at least another year as a u20's, let him develop and see how he goes, just don't let another club get to him until we have assessed his overall potential

Snikt

Juniors
To be fair, neither Cogger or Lamb have been carving up in ISP so the kids ahead of them there
Was listening to the ISP webcast last weekend when we flogged the Dogs. Little bloke was popping up everywhere and the commentators were talking him up.

But as we have seen with Lamb and Cogger the step up to nrl is huge. Need to give the kid some space to develop.

On the topic of young players does anyone know what happened to Max Buderus? I didn't see his name in SG Ball at all this year. I thought he was meant to be one of the better players in the Matts team that won the comp in 2017