What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Texas

flamin

Juniors
On their Facebook they state they have a goal of becoming part of the USARL competition in the future.

taipan

Referee
First I heard of any further Texas development.Anyone fill me in on progress?

Evil Homer

Staff member
First I heard of any further Texas development.Anyone fill me in on progress?
https://www.facebook.com/TexasRugbyLeagueAssociation/

Looks like they're doing a top-down thing like the way the USARL southern conference started, looking for people to populate the teams they have created. We'll see how well it will pan out but it can't be a bad thing.

And yes, they will be looking to affiliate with the USARL in the future, why wouldn't then? They aren't part of it yet because they haven't played any matches and don't currently exist.

taipan

Referee
https://www.facebook.com/TexasRugbyLeagueAssociation/

Looks like they're doing a top-down thing like the way the USARL southern conference started, looking for people to populate the teams they have created. We'll see how well it will pan out but it can't be a bad thing.

And yes, they will be looking to affiliate with the USARL in the future, why wouldn't then? They aren't part of it yet because they haven't played any matches and don't currently exist.

Thanks, things appear to be moving along nicely.

A new comp or even club in any jurisdiction should be affiliated with the governing body from day one really. Do you think I could set up my own clubs, start recruiting players etc without first affiliating with the CRL or other body?

Evil Homer

Staff member
A new comp or even club in any jurisdiction should be affiliated with the governing body from day one really. Do you think I could set up my own clubs, start recruiting players etc without first affiliating with the CRL or other body?
You're in an established RL area though. The USA is a huge place and I don't have a problem with regional bodies operating somewhat independently under the same umbrella, similar to the QRL, NSWRL, WARL etc. It's not an issue as long as they all get along. Plus, as mentioned, the Texas comp doesn't actually exist yet and they don't come close to fulfilling criteria for USARL affiliation or membership. I would look at is as similar to the RLEF where clubs/states come along at their own pace and officially join the USARL when ready.

They don't need to meet USARL standards to be affiliated. The USARL is supposed to have a development section that includes other areas. It just hasn't done anything about it. If you go to the USARL site it still lists "development" areas, including Taxas, with a bunch of out of date info and dead links on it.

jim_57

Staff member
Some interesting choices for team names, not a fan of using NFL names, especially Austin Cowboys.

yakstorm

First Grade
Well it appears all evidence of the TRLA has now disappeared from social. Not sure what that means...

Whatwhere

Juniors
I could ask a couple of my Texan connections what is up with that. Nothing Rugby related tends to occur without them knowing something about the goings on behind the scenes.