What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

thanks penrith

otag

Juniors
its true.

in the wake of the tigers not letting robbie farah play, the panthers allowed jarrod sammut to play for malta and in the domestic competition over there.

and jarrod thanked them for this too.

he scored the winning try and notice he played 5/8th too. take note mr m.elliot

reading his comments, this kid is what committment to rugby league is all about.

AAP

PENRITH star Jarrod Sammut scored the match-sealing try for Malta tonight in a tough rugby league international against the Royal Logistic Corps.

Playing five-eighth, the 20-year-old Panthers rookie had a try disallowed after two minutes at the Floriana Stadium, in the shadows of the 400-year-old Sarria Chapel.

But he made amends by racing onto a ball from former Cronulla fullback Ben Sammut, who retired at fulltime, to secure a 34-24 win with two minutes to go.

"I saw a few of their bigger boys around the middle, a bit too far apart, and I could see that they were blowing," Jarrod said.

"I called the quick ball of Benny and went straight through."

The Jason Akermanis lookalike said he was grateful the Panthers released him for the match, in light of Wests Tigers' controversial refusal to allow Robbie Farah to play for Lebanon.

"I was pretty lucky, as soon as I finish here I have to go straight back to training," he said.

"There's no off-season for me but I do have to thank Penrith."

The British army combination, beaten 78-0 by Malta four years ago, led 18-10 at halftime, coach Ian Bartlett saying he had never been more proud of a team under his control.

Fibroman

First Grade
I hope the british army mule didn't go near Jarrod in the showers, or it may have been embarassed.