What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

That U20 bloke

scarcev

Juniors
Just had to share this, theres this old bloke I see at the footy every time I head out as I go with my young bloke I reckon he thought I could do with another bloke to talk to rather then listen to my over excited 8yo all bloody night. Anyway he pinged me late last year out at ANZ and we had a whinge about the way we were going, anyway now he looks out for me and the young bloke and we sit together or have a chat, he'd deadset be about 80, his memory is not the best but he tells a good yarn about the Lidcombe Oval days, problem is I get the same yarn every week but its all good. Anyway saw him again heading out the gate on the weekend and he was worried............

'mate I been watching these blokes all year and why do we have to have that McDonnel on the wing, he bombed another couple today. Why dont we get back that fijian or ryan or bring up that bloke Ali Baba from the U20's mate he seems to get a couple of tries every weekend in the lower grades' mate I near pi$$ed myself laughing and thought, Id better tell the old fella Ali baba sponsors a few players and after a try they say his name over the system............ , but I couldnt, he was dead serious so all that come out of my mouth was 'yea I reckon your right old timer, they should give him a start' !

Had me laughing all the way back down the freeway.:lol:

Callan Pk

Juniors
Well done, humour doesnt always translate well in words....but you nailed it pretty well.

Its one thing I love about footy, you can talk to a stranger and click straight away coz of the obvious commonality.

I often see people regularly and offer just a nod or a 'g'day'....not sure if they recall me regulalry similarly, but it doesnt matter.

Latest posts