What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"That's not a forward pass you clown!"

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Both tries the panthers scored against the raiders the ball ended up in front of the passer. Obviously the panthers should have finished on zero points that game.

The_Shield

Juniors
Really? When? Cos it shouldn't have been.

I agree they shouldn't of been penalised but they were numerous times.
Nah, loose carry.

He never lost the ball, Tapine took it off him. Even if he did lose it, it would of been backwards. So therefore should of been a line drop out.
The refs would never do this to C. Smith. You're either making it up, or Smith decided he wanted to kick it from that wide.

Try was scored near the posts.
Conversion came from near the sideline and what a surprise, he missed. Now correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure the refs determine where the conversion is from not the player.
??? Wasn't the ball dummied to Proctor? That's fair game. I'd need to look at this again.

Cronk was always taking the line on. There's was no need for Croker to take Proctor out.

nick87

Coach
Cronk was always taking the line on. There's was no need for Croker to take Proctor out.
Ar.... are you f**king serious?
Lord have mercy :lol:

That is THE dumbest f**king thing i've ever read on this forum from a poster other than IBM

Bgoodorgoodatit

Juniors
I'm also shaking my head at the people trying to defend the touchie on that pass.... there's a hell of a lot of calls and no calls on forward passes in the NRL that are debatable.. FYI that isn't one of them..

The_Shield

Juniors
Ar.... are you f**king serious?
Lord have mercy :lol:

That is THE dumbest f**king thing i've ever read on this forum from a poster other than IBM

Not as dumb as all your raiders fans complaining about Wighton getting sent to the bin.

Proctor was never getting the ball from Cronk. He was a decoy that Croker hit without the ball

GAZF

First Grade
Not as dumb as all your raiders fans complaining about Wighton getting sent to the bin.

Proctor was never getting the ball from Cronk. He was a decoy that Croker hit without the ball
Raiders fans complaining about the Wighton send off appear to be in the minority. Nick definitely agreed with the call. Hodgson's was even worse.

A decoy is meant to draw players in. If he's doing his job right, Croker SHOULD have made contact with him.

The_Shield

Juniors
Raiders fans complaining about the Wighton send off appear to be in the minority. Nick definitely agreed with the call. Hodgson's was even worse.

A decoy is meant to draw players in. If he's doing his job right, Croker SHOULD have made contact with him.
I didn't say Nick was complaining about it. He called my post about Croker hitting Proctor the dumbest thing his read here. I simply pointed out that the Raiders fans complaining about Wightons sin bin is dumber.

And yes the decoy is there to draw players in, but they still can't take out the decoy without the ball

WaznTheGreat

Referee
The whole Raiders team are in there prime whilst Cronk and Smith are both 48 years old,no excuses for those donkey's.

I didn't say Nick was complaining about it. He called my post about Croker hitting Proctor the dumbest thing his read here. I simply pointed out that the Raiders fans complaining about Wightons sin bin is dumber.

And yes the decoy is there to draw players in, but they still can't take out the decoy without the ball
Only if ball floats forward right?

GAZF

First Grade
Defenders will commit to potential ball runners if they view them to be a sufficient enough threat (i.e. believe they will receive the ball). A decoy's job is to get that defender to fully commit and draw them away from where the ball is going. Once a defender is committed to a point, their momentum (a concept you seem to be at odds with in this thread) to the tackle is usually too much to pull out.

These are split second decisions in a dynamic game. Its not chess - you can't just wait for the decoy to catch the ball before deciding to commit since they'll already be over the stripe once you start moving.

Apey

Staff member
Even in the example you gave the shield the second last pass probably travelled forward.

It's not great quality and it cuts away instantly but the gold coast player passes at the 25m mark and the receiver appears to catch the ball in front of that mark

Haha the best part is every single try in that compilation probably has a pass that is deemed forward under The Shield/Frog's rule, the first few and the one he highlighted definitely do.

The rule in their minds is really "looks backwards to me".

GAZF

First Grade
Both tries the panthers scored against the raiders the ball ended up in front of the passer. Obviously the panthers should have finished on zero points that game.
I was almost dead in line with that Moylan pass but opposite side to where the ball was caught. His body obstructed his hands so I couldn't see how it came out but boy did it drift forward.

When I saw it at home I conceded I was wrong and didn't continue to dig myself in a hole.

The_Shield

Juniors
Haha the best part is every single try in that compilation probably has a pass that is deemed forward under The Shield/Frog's rule, the first few and the one he highlighted definitely do.

The rule in their minds is really "looks backwards to me".

I never said anything about all the passes in it, I was looking for videos with passes in it and that one makes my point with the Titans. The passes I was referring to go like 10m backwards. I wasnt referencing the second last pass that Pete Cash mention. The two before, the Titans players were running forward and passed backwards. Which according to everybody around is supposed to be impossible.

Latest posts