What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The ‘Anything and Everything’ Thread

PJ

First Grade
Oh, and I forgot about all the sepo's telling us we should allow people access to firearms and have concealed carry laws. They reckon' it would never have happened. Imagine if this prick had access to firearms?!

They're not very bright.

Exactly. What would he have done with an AK 47 and a bump stock

Makes international news when 6 are killed here, flat out cracking local news over there.

bluefox68

Staff member
I have had a little experience with people suffering from schizophrenia. By the way, I’m not sure what the diagnosis was on the offender…

Both had absolutely real delusions that rogue government departments were going to open their roofs and lower paratroopers through their ceilings to extract them, etc etc. (or similar)…

Both ended up rejecting their meds and committing suicide.

Very, very sad, and EXTREMELY rough on the families involved.

Frenzy.

Immortal
I have had a little experience with people suffering from schizophrenia. By the way, I’m not sure what the diagnosis was on the offender…

Both had absolutely real delusions that rogue government departments were going to open their roofs and lower paratroopers through their ceilings to extract them, etc etc. (or similar)…

Both ended up rejecting their meds and committing suicide.

Very, very sad, and EXTREMELY rough on the families involved.
All too common. After a time of having symptoms controlled via medication people with an SMI often can feel "cured". Rx stops, symptoms return, potential disaster becomes real again and sentinel events occur.

It's a shit cycle.

coolumsharkie

Referee
I think my mate's son is or was required by law to take his meds. I'm not sure of the circumstances as we don't talk about it. (He has some type of SMI) What would be the scale of making this a prerequisite across the community? Seems this poor lad in Bondi was free to roam around and self-manage his own illness.

Frenzy.

Immortal
I think my mate's son is or was required by law to take his meds. I'm not sure of the circumstances as we don't talk about it. (He has some type of SMI) What would be the scale of making this a prerequisite across the community? Seems this poor lad in Bondi was free to roam around and self-manage his own illness.
That may have been a CTO (Community Treatment Order). They are not always permanent but can be long term as long as symptoms persist. Non compliance is common. Absconding is common (like this guy may have done). Even having a CTO imposed on a patient takes forever. Usually though the person would be hospitalised or in a forensic unit in a prison. Once the CTO is in place a person doesn't have to be detained.

It varies a bit state to state.

If interested in what happens in Qld the info is here - https://www.mhrt.qld.gov.au/

Generalzod

Immortal
We know the capacity at Shark Park at the moment is around 12500, What will be the capacity when all the development finishes up.

Latest posts