What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The '09 Terry Campese Fiction

perverse

Referee
Gidley & McManus were the worst players on the field btw.
which has absolutely zero to do with this thread. mcmanus certainly was, however gidley had a great game bar 2 crucial errors... but i wouldn't expect a muppet such as yourself to be able to analyse a football match in such detail.

and rofl @ blaming bellamy for campese's shortcomings. you raiders fans really are a piece of work.

Firedrake

Coach
Kidley had a woeful 2nd half. Unacceptable for a captain. How can your fullback, the last line of defence, allow a center to run around him, untouched, to score?

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Neither Campese, nor Wallace could control the game with the continual crappy kicks they put in. This was my biggest concern with this halves combination. Neither are ever consistent with their kicking game, to be specific, their short-kicking games. The long kicks weren't working for them either last night. Mullen needed to be there, if only for knowing what kick's he'll be able to deliver. There are other options like Soward who would have been able to control the game alot better, but he'll never play origin.

Big Time

Juniors
Wallace and Campese had to make 25 tackles each. Thurston and Lockyer 12 & 13. Queensland nullified their attack by making them do extra work in defence. Would be the same for any halves if they had to do that sort of work in defence. That is why Bennet for example has always had a protector for his chief playmakers. Maybe p*ss Lyon off and put Scott in centres to protect right hand side and have O'Donnell protect the other. Wallace and Campese are both better then what they showed last night.

Big Time

Juniors
Kidley had a woeful 2nd half. Unacceptable for a captain. How can your fullback, the last line of defence, allow a center to run around him, untouched, to score?

If Monaghan was on the wing instead of McManus then Inglis doesn't score. He would have easily ran him down. Scott or Cooper have to come in for Lyon. Gidley had a good game up until those couple of mistakes. He did not lose the game for us.

Big Time

Juniors
I do like Mullen and thought he should have been in the initial side. In saying that, he wasn't. We change halves way to much. Would like to see them stick with Wallace and Campese. I will put it in big letters, THEY HAD TO MAKE 25 TACKLES EACH. This will take it out of your attack. Maybe Bellamy should be copping the wrap for the bad showing by the halves. Meninga outcoached him.

Firedrake

Coach
Big Time

Who's not in the team is no excuse for not laying a finger on him. In all likelyhood Inglis would have palmed him off, but maybe he could have slowed him some for others to arrive. To just allow him to run around you is unacceptable.

Apey

Staff member
If Monaghan was on the wing instead of McManus then Inglis doesn't score. He would have easily ran him down. Scott or Cooper have to come in for Lyon. Gidley had a good game up until those couple of mistakes. He did not lose the game for us.

Agreed. Well, I can't be 100% on the first part but he would have made a better attempt.

which has absolutely zero to do with this thread. mcmanus certainly was, however gidley had a great game bar 2 crucial errors... but i wouldn't expect a muppet such as yourself to be able to analyse a football match in such detail.

and rofl @ blaming bellamy for campese's shortcomings. you raiders fans really are a piece of work.

LMFAO waaah waaaah waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Gidley was embarassing.

Campo done some good things though. A pinpoint kick for Hayne for the blues first try, and a nice short ball for Ben Creagh which would of been a try if not for O'Donnell dropping it over the line.

What exactly did Gidley do again in this "great game" you speak of?

Jobdog

Live Update Team
So Faider fans, to further emphasise your incredible biasness (don't know if that's a word, but anyway), what exactly were you saying after Mullen's one and only game in 2007? IIRC you said he should be dropped. It's only fair you say the same for Campese ...

Firey_Dragon

Coach
So Faider fans, to further emphasise your incredible biasness (don't know if that's a word, but anyway), what exactly were you saying after Mullen's one and only game in 2007? IIRC you said he should be dropped. It's only fair you say the same for Campese ...
Bias is the word, both singular and plural, and this concludes our english lesson for the day.

Big Time

Juniors
Big Time

Who's not in the team is no excuse for not laying a finger on him. In all likelyhood Inglis would have palmed him off, but maybe he could have slowed him some for others to arrive. To just allow him to run around you is unacceptable.

I was simply stating my case that I believe Monoghan should have been in the side in front of McManus.

aids

Bench
Gidley was sh*t
Campese was quiet

would rather have Patten or Mckinnon at the back.

Jono078

Referee
LMFAO waaah waaaah waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Gidley was embarassing.

Campo done some good things though. A pinpoint kick for Hayne for the blues first try, and a nice short ball for Ben Creagh which would of been a try if not for O'Donnell dropping it over the line.

What exactly did Gidley do again in this "great game" you speak of?
Pin Point? Just because Hayne pulled it off didn't make it pin point, if it was he scores untouched catching it on the full in the corner, that is pin point.

tiger_nick

Bench
Pin Point? Just because Hayne pulled it off didn't make it pin point, if it was he scores untouched catching it on the full in the corner, that is pin point.

agree, it wasnt pin point, it was haynes freakish talent that scored us the try.

the kick midway through the second half to the opposite wing needed to be 10 meters wider or deeper and we would have scored (thats assuming mcmanus doesnt fall over himself)

Latest posts