What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

the 3-2-1 in the telegraph

roopy

Referee
Saw a little match summary and a 3-2-1 player vote for each game in the telegraph.
It is a good idea, but i have to say the Knights v Canberra one was bizarre.

He talked up the Canberra fullback in the small writeup - then gave 3 points to knights fullback Marty Paulson who was just adequate and probably won't get a run next week, 2 points to Jonathon Ford of the knights who was actually replaced before kickoff and didn't play (I'm sure he meant his replacement Daniel Isaac who played in 21) and 1 point to a canberra player who he didn't mention in the writeup.

Good idea - but they should give it to someone other than the work experience kid.

Raider_69

Post Whore
I read that elsewhere and thought it must have been a mistake
if not, that is absolutely disgracefully.

Dogaholic

First Grade
Had a look at who was listed in the Dogs Vs Parra game...

3 - Kris Keating, 2 - Nathan Smith, 1 - Tim Mannah

Deadset, who ever gave out the points must not have been watching the game.

Should look more like this...

3 - Mortimer, 2 - Daniel Harrison, 1 - Kris Keating/Tim Mannah/Ben Barba

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Dogaholic said:

3 - Mortimer, 2 - Luke Thompson, 1 - Kris Keating/Tim Mannah/Ben Barba

totally agree, they couldn't have been watching the game

NikkiShark

Juniors
girvie said:
Can someone please list the points for each game?
Titans vs Cowboys
3 - Kayne Lawton
2 - Cody Nelson
1 - Sam Stewart

Rabbitohs vs Roosters
3 - Chris Sandow
2 - Stanley Waqa
1 - Ben Cronin

Eels vs Bulldogs
3 - Kris Keating
2 - Nathan Smith
1 - Tim Mannah

Sea Eagles vs Sharks
3 - Illija Radan
2 - Kieran Foran
1 - Jarryd Hogan

Knights vs Raiders
3 - Marty Paulson
2 - Johnathon Ford
1 - Michael Picker

Broncos vs Panthers
3 - Sam McKendry
2 - Ben Hunt
1 - Jamie Theoharous

girvie

Staff member
Thanks NikkiShark.

I agree that some of those selections look dodgy. Broncos vs Panther looks way off.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Its for genearl public consumption. They just pick a few names or go off guys they have heard a bit about.

Absolute rubbish. How Lachlan Coote & Masada Iosefa didn't get a point out of that game yesterday just proves it. Jamie Theoharous is a fine player but he played not even half the game after beinghit high in the first half & Sam McKendry struggled in the heat.

3.Iosefa
2.Hunt
1.Coote

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
girvie said:
Thanks NikkiShark.

I agree that some of those selections look dodgy. Broncos vs Panther looks way off.

He is a dead set freak. Has such great vision and that is so handy for a hooker to have. Should have got 3 points.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Dogaholic said:

3 - Mortimer, 2 - Luke Thompson, 1 - Kris Keating/Tim Mannah/Ben Barba

Kris Keating put in one of his most selfish performances ever. He was quiet terrible.

Id have 3 - T.Mannah, 2 - Barba, 1 - Mortimer.

roopy

Referee
Ronnie Dobbs said:
Its for genearl public consumption. They just pick a few names or go off guys they have heard a bit about.
They'd be pretty good to have heard things about Jonathon Ford - he isn't in the Knights squad and as far as i know his only claim to fame is being in the Toronto high school team with Jared Edwards - and he didn't even play.

Dogaholic

First Grade
1 Eyed TEZZA said:
Kris Keating put in one of his most selfish performances ever. He was quiet terrible.

Id have 3 - T.Mannah, 2 - Barba, 1 - Mortimer.

Barba was pretty much the same.

My guess is Barba and Keating wanted to outdo each other.

Daniel Harrison was our best by far. In case you didn't notice him he was the red headed 2nd rower. I thought he was outstanding along with Mannah & Mortimer.

As for the Penrith/Broncs game - Lachlan Coote stood out the most for mine. Iosefa a close second. didn't catch the names of the broncos but there were a few good players in that team too.

skeepe

Immortal
The Raiders beat the Knights 28-14. The Raiders led something like 22-4 close to the end of the game and completely dominated. As a result, the Knights get the 3 and the 2 points?

roopy

Referee
skeepe said:
The Raiders beat the Knights 28-14. The Raiders led something like 22-4 close to the end of the game and completely dominated. As a result, the Knights get the 3 and the 2 points?
well technically the two points went to a guy who probably wasn't even at the ground.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Dogaholic said:
Barba was pretty much the same.

My guess is Barba and Keating wanted to outdo each other.

Luke Thompson was our best by far. In case you didn't notice him he was the red headed 2nd rower. I thought he was outstanding along with Mannah & Mortimer.

As for the Penrith/Broncs game - Lachlan Coote stood out the most for mine. Iosefa a close second. didn't catch the names of the broncos but there were a few good players in that team too.

geez, weren't the commentators wanking over Benny Barba

who was the really huge prop that came on the doggies, he was pretty mobile for a big bloke

skeepe

Immortal
roopy said:
well technically the two points went to a guy who probably wasn't even at the ground.

Didn't the saying used to go that Andrew Johns only had to show up to get the 3 points? Looks like this bloke's gone one better :lol:

Dogaholic

First Grade
Twizzle said:
geez, weren't the commentators wanking over Benny Barba

who was the really huge prop that came on the doggies, he was pretty mobile for a big bloke

Yeah, that annoyed me really. They wouldn't shut up about him. Did a couple of good things, as did other players but the kept on going.

John Kite was the prop who came on. That kid is an absolute moster. He wont be far off a debut in first grade. Next year at the latest I reckon.

I am loving the NYC, another comp to watch...watching the future of RL go around and see how they develop. Brilliant stuff!

sammyj

Juniors
dont you mean daniel harrison , he is the redheaded second rower that the commentators were raving about on the telecast. I think luke thompson plays nsw cup. Keating was ordinary for his standard mortimer was our stand out