What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Bermuda triangle@. Sharks r9

Dragon David

First Grade
Another thrashing for us next round against the Sharks is my prediction. Too big, too strong, too fit, better coach, better players.
If you ask me, it was Steve Price who helped the Sharks to win their first premiership. He might do it again for Craig Fitzgibbon.

Last edited:

Lovemedragons

Juniors
We know what team Flanno is going to pick - the same fat old lags that have done squat (and clearly not squats) for the past few seasons.
According to Flanno, Dylan Egan has the goods, but he's not in the 17. According to Flanno, Toby & Ryan Couchman played too much last year.
What kind of effing BS is that?!
Mate, just dump 'em KoE or give 'em 5 minutes from the bench when we're down by thirty to "go out and make a difference, Son" until - like Ford, Host, Robson, etc they get jack of it, go elsewhere and we find out that they are pretty handy players after all.
New coach, same old failings.
I recall that in 1977 we won a comp with a forward pack comprising John Jansen, Robert Stone, Bruce Starkey and Craig Young and none of them was over 22.
Different game then? Somewhat. But you still win games on the back of enthusiastic, dominant forwards.
With the exception of JdB, Su'a and Frank Molo on a good day we don't have them. On that basis, it wouldn't be such a bad idea to keep those guys, banish the rest and bring the young breed through. Would it?
Baths babes, but they did have the best lock/2nd rower in the world to show them the way in Rocket Rod Reddy.

Lindsay Moss

Juniors
If Flannigan can get us up for the Sharks game, let alone win it, then he'll be the best coach in the NRL.
Yesterday was so disappointing after the week before's effort against the Warriors.
Hard to keep supporting this team year after disappointing year.
Your a supporter or your not i have followed them for just under sixty years and will follow them till i die through the good and the bad i just hope there is some good to come.

justadragon

Bench
For those that thought missing Trindall was going to pose a problem for the Sharks oh well, looks like we will be on he same path, plus it might be wet, i just hope we employ a wet weather kicking game to at least give us some hope, I do feel the result is a foregone conclusion

roboshark

Coach
For those that thought missing Trindall was going to pose a problem for the Sharks oh well, looks like we will be on he same path, plus it might be wet, i just hope we employ a wet weather kicking game to at least give us some hope, I do feel the result is a foregone conclusion
I actually think it will be our hardest game in 3 weeks

TheRev

First Grade
Just keep your expectations low.. pretty sure after a good rest Flanno will have the boys up.. whether that leads to anything I dunno.. the problem is the Sharks dont seem to collapse if getting beat.

I also thought the bravado leading into the Roosters game was ludicrious.. same after we beat the Titans.. feels like us fans are only capable of switching between 'the world is collapsing' or 'we will bash our opposition off the park", the truth is somewhere in between.. and it seems like we cant get the consistency we need with this roster, so its going to be a roller-coaster of good times and bad.

Last year when we flogged the Dogs, Flanju did an impromptu Haynes "this is my house!"
A 48-10 scoreline suggested otherwise.

Can we expect The Flange to behave the same?
He's often at the Woolooware Golf Club expressing his views

thebigredv

First Grade
It's a local derby so there shouldn't be any excuses from Dragons not to put up a fight at least. At least that once was the case although in recent times we seem to not have playing group that honours history or tribute games. We will surely have Rava and Luciano back into the team which helps. Our forwards will have had a bit of a decent rest. Bird might be saved by Suli's absence but Lawrie has dead set got to sit this one out.

Sharks look like they are on their way to bigger and better things this year, and will have the majority of the crowd with them so I expect that they will have enough in them to win it and probably target Sloan's positional issues which have showed up again. We just want to see our guys turn up I suppose, where we once would have desired smashing the little brother.

On my soap box again BUT...the thing is we don't have a heap of youth in the team. While many see that as a positive, I just don't know how we are going to move forward without giving the first grade experience to some of our younger talents. Youth = future.

I don't see how giving, say a Couchman or Tuitaveke (or whoever is deemed most deserving) a run will do anything but add some earnest enthusiasm we sometimes lack in our forwards. It's not exactly a crazy or risky thing to do. I'm literally panicking about our inertness in preparation for the future on the basis that this predictable adherence to sticking with a core group of inevitably disappointing players has played out under the last three coaches. Reality is we won't land any high profile players that will swoop into save us so these players will be filling most of those roles anyway. We are shooting ourselves in the foot.

I don't see how it harms our chances is all...

On the above topic, I have come to the conclusion that as a club we are signing our own death warrant in so many ways. This job is too big for one man i.e. the coach, and we don't even have a head of recruitment in place. We are in a sick state and there is just no acknowledgement of it.

I've decided for my own mental health to have a spell from getting super invested in this club and communicating here. Dragons are important to me but, quite honestly, they have become a joke. I realise I've been calling it and lamenting it for years. I've contacted the club multiple times to no avail. It has taken finally it's toll to the point where I am genuinely upset as I can't be apathetic about the Dragons or half invested. I am an all in kind of person. It's like being in a relationship with a girl that doesn't have your interests at heart - probably a bad comparison but I am sure some will get it.
I wish the team the best and the best of health and happiness to all on here. Signing off for now. I pray we will be a serious club again.

Nanadragon

Juniors
Your a supporter or your not i have followed them for just under sixty years and will follow them till i die through the good and the bad i just hope there is some good to come.
Lindsay I have followed them since I was 16 I'm now 78 so what's that? 62 years. I will always support them WHEN THEY TURN UP TO PLAY!
It's okay to say "through the good and the bad" but there has been too much bad over the last 12 or so years.
Yes I am a supporter and that gives me the right to praise when they're up or criticise when they're down thanks very much.

Latest posts