What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Biff is Back in the 4N and RLWC

Burns

First Grade
Players throwing punches in the Four Nations and next year's World Cup won't be automatically sent to the sin bin.

Following a brawl during Saturday's France-England Test in which at least two players stayed on the field despite throwing haymakers, the biff being back became a distinct possibility for international football.

Four Nations tournament director Jon Dutton has confirmed the punching ban first introduced during the 2014 State of Origin series would not carry across to either tournament.

"The rules we'll be playing under, the international interpretations, are very similar to Super League," Dutton told Fairfax Media.
"It's up to the referee to decide whether it's a sin bin offence or it's a penalty. It's not mandatory, no.

"The guys have all signed up to the manual, all signed up to the rules. It's the international interpretations. We'll use them here in the Four Nations and in the World Cup in '17.

"We've done some work with Andrew Hill, the CEO of the World Cup, to ensure what's played here is as close to possible to the NRL and Super League with a view to them rolling forwards in 2017.

"The differences now are small."

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...our-nations-or-world-cup-20161025-gsabaw.html

Awesome news to be honest. All in brawls and thuggery are never accepted on the field, but a bit of national pride and venting of emotion is what international league encapsulates.

Also as evidence, can I present : (NZ v AUS, with Kidwell on Mason) and,
(GB v AUS - Sculthorpe v Fitzgibion)

Ahh the 06 Mason smashing. I love that moment. Mine, and everyone's fav coach R. Stuart made a fool of himself by calling the Kidwell hit on Mason a cheap shot. Then Mason was talking up revenge in the media, and sat the next game out lol. Coward.

He then took his frustration out on poor ol Stuart Fielden in the game after. Gus on commentary said Mason "gave Fielden what he deserved" (try saying that in commentary today).

langpark

First Grade
The biff is not back, in most cases, fighting will often result in sin bin anyway. It's just not mandatory, as that's only an NRL rule. I think that's the way it should be too, cos what we've seen since the rule came into effect has just been cringeworthy, constant scuffling, shirt pulling, etc. Proper handbags.

Latest posts