What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The day has finally come

Palms

Juniors
June 30th is finally here and I want to know how we stand up against other teams. As of yet we havnt bought any front rowers, but even more worrying than that is the fact we arent really approaching the market with any force - What do you guys reckon?

Kid

Juniors
Saw the off contractors today in the Telegraph, it's not the greatest year on who they had available to be running out spending a shitload. Carl Webb, they could try Tallis (even with no hope) Steve Price, Wiki, Danny Williams, Dave Kidwell, Clint Newton, Mark Tookey, Kevin Campion, and Paul Stringer.

Thats just some of the forwards to consider. Wouln't mind seeing Danny Williams and Steve Price in the WT colours next year, but yes i think at this stage, we haven't really been linked to anyone and that is a concern.

jy

Juniors
not a great year - i'd be happy if we could pick up webb, kidwell and donald.

BJ

Juniors
do we want reliable or do we want impact?
last year everyone under the sun was linked wit hthe wests tigers.. now it appears that we aren't linked to anyone.. besides max's updates you'd think the club was content with the cattel it has.. i can't see us bagging a big name.. but it would be nice.. even if we sing one player and it's a big boppa to play up front that has some mongrel in him..

jy

Juniors
i'd prefer kidwell over feeney. they are about the same age - kidwell is only getting bigger - he'll deadset end up a prop in the wiki mould. can break the line, is quick, hits hard and has the ability to get under the skin off the opposition.
webb - potential to be a champ.
donald - genuinely quick, a classic winger.

Tigerpete

Juniors
Im not surprised, we were rather astute and discreet with some of our purchases last off season, It wasnt widely known we'd sign Payten for instance, so im sure w're busy , just not saying much.

Famous1

Juniors
professionalism... not letting everyone know our intensions, like souths, after richard horne, scott donald