What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Daydream Believer has passed away...

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/wo...-of-heart-attack/story-e6frf7lf-1226285715070

ACTOR and musician Davy Jones, who gained fame with the 1960s band The Monkees, has died in Florida at the age of 66.
A representative for Jones confirmed that he died on Wednesday morning of a heart attack in Indiantown, Florida.

Jones rose to fame in 1965 when he joined The Monkees, a British popular rock group formed for a television show.Jones sang lead vocals on songs like I Wanna Be Free and Daydream Believer.

After the TV show went off the air, the group eventually disbanded but Jones continued to perform on his own.

TMZ said Martin Memorial Hospital confirmed Jones' death.

His publicist Helen Kensick told FOX News Channel, "The only thing we can do is confirm that he has died of a heart attack at Indiantown Florida this morning. We will have more later. "

Sad news, RIP Davy.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Yeah just read this myself... Part of the forever young brigade, makes me feel a bit old as I remember this show when I was a kid.

Rexxy

Coach
Sad news indeed. Just playing daydream believer and I had to pull over in the car. It still sounded fresh happy and quirky. Great pop, great times. They had been touring recently too.

Red Bear

Referee
Didn't believe the news when I heard it

But then I saw his face - Now i'm a bereaver

(sorry)

IanG

Coach
Sad news indeed. Another one of those groups from that era that my parents were fans of which got me listening to them. Mind you I've heard a couple of other versions of Daydream Believer but always regard The Monkees one as the definitive. Just like I'm A Believer, Even though Smash Mouth covered it for the movie Shrek. Also recently heard a rendition of it by Neil Diamond (The guy who wrote it)