What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The debate about Shark culling and the link to being a Sharks fan

Do you agree with Shark culling to prevent human deaths? (Sharks Fans Only)

• Yes

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • No

Votes: 8 72.7%

• Total voters

ImTheMan

Juniors
Hi, I am planning on writing a self-published essay about how emotional attachments to club logos or emblems can make people more aware of ongoing environmental issues around them. I specifically want to know if being a Cronulla Sharks fan makes you more likely care about the lives of life's of innocent sharks that are being destroyed because people want to swim in their territory. Can you please vote in the poll below and let me know if you care about the culling of Sharks? This data may be useful for future animal rights advocates that wish to explore how to get people to emotionally invest in their protection. Thank you.

ImTheMan

Juniors
Oh yeah, this is a meaningful study. 1 question.

Spastic

Firstly, this is a self-published essay not a research paper. Secondly I am gathering the responses below, such as this one, and using them as discussion points as qualitative data. Thanks anyway

ImTheMan

Juniors
Also the term spastic is rather problematic. I have no problem copping a fair spray, but perhaps use words that are less derogatory to a subgroup of the population that did not choose to be "spastic".

taipan

Referee
I was bitten by 60,000 frenzied feeding sharks in October last year.
Most enjoyable attack I've ever experienced.
May they prosper and continue bite night.

ImTheMan

Juniors
I was bitten by 60,000 frenzied feeding sharks in October last year.
Most enjoyable attack I've ever experienced.
May they prosper and continue bite night.

That's interesting, can you further describe this experience? Was there anything sexually orientated or was the pleasure just derived from pain response?

Ads

First Grade
I would cull every single white, tiger and bull shark without blinking an eye. I'm also a sharks fan.

coolumsharkie

Referee
What I want to know is, why even bother?

Haven't you got something better to do than spruik dumb arsed crap that barely makes sense? Give yourself a triple.

Hmm
Very shit question.
Me?
I'd like to be attacked and killed by a shark.

Hey Carch, notice that photobucket wants you to pay for 3rd party hosting on pics and shit? Haha good luck with that merkins!

taipan

Referee
That's interesting, can you further describe this experience? Was there anything sexually orientated or was the pleasure just derived from pain response?

Which part the sexually orientated? The alcohol imbibing part? The embracing by other fans part ?
The near death by drowning experience with the untold number of beer showers at the final hooter?
The falling off my seat at full time? The going for a squirt 9 minutes from the end part because I'd been holding on too long ,afraid to miss more blood in the water?
Or watching the Storm's attack chewed up in the final 45seconds by 13 ferocious Sharks,cheered on by 60,000 just as ferocious beached sharks who were just as scary ?

Give me a shark attack anytime ,when the pain happens the next day and you known it ain't a dream.

Save the sharks, cull the greenies.

ImTheMan

Juniors
I'm trying to gain enough power to prove the effect size is statistically significant for my analysis, keep the votes coming in.