What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Development

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Watching on tv last night and I’ve gotta be honest. The eastern side looks absolutely terribly. I get we sold our soul to survive but at no point has the stadium aesthetics been considered. A hotel and whatever is to the left of the PB have literally just been thrown in the space. The staircases which are ugly AF just seem to go to nowhere and are huge.

I just can’t see how it’s ever really going to get better and I am embarrassed by it. We will be left behind rapidly. Anyway we survived I suppose.

SharkShocked

Bench
Aesthetics not withstanding....

It was the first time for me checking out Bay Central as i took up the option offered via the club for the car parking pass.

It was incredibly efficient, in and out quickly and i think once the club opens that will be a hub of activity before and after games with different options pre and post game for a feed.

I think it will be fantastic once it's all completed.

If they are able to somehow improve the view/fit great.

f**ked if i know how they are fitting an extra 5K in though, there is absolutely no space that i see them getting back when they are done.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
The tent on north west hill will become that big room on the north east hill so that space will come back.

if we we able to put a 4 pines park type stand at northern end it would go a long way but the powerlines run through there

txta2

Bench
Yeah it is ugly as f**k. The north side of Peter Burns stand looks pretty average and small as well

shadowboxer

First Grade
The great performance on the field doesn’t translate to the existing outer field area. The new section of shopping is a great step forward but seriously the game day experience would still be one of the worst.
I know we bang on about it year on year - the toilets, the beer lines etc - but if you want the club to be a powerhouse, you’ve got to be stepping up and if last night is anything to go by, we are a long way off that.
I won’t go into the gory details but only to say when your paying $9.70 for a light beer and for it to come straight out of the warm carton and to be told ‘it’s all we’ve got’ - you might want better. Henson is better!
Been travelling to the swamp for most of my 50 odd years and love it, but I can understand why folks stay home.
I’ll report back on Leichhardt next week