What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Dragons Forward Pack

Frank Facer

First Grade
Lets see what our selectors choose and compare it with yours. $100 that you will not have 7/9 players in your team chosen. Happy for a lazy $100.
For starters I picked my team not the team I think the selectors will pick.

Secondly you failed to even name your team. lol

Thirdly Woods and Cordner are certainties. They are even being spoken of as possible captains. Morris is still NSW best winger. Leulia was the form center of the comp last year. I think he could really cause QLD some problems. Paulo would provided great go forward off the bench. I think Bird is a must, he can play 5/8, centre and fullback well, he could even play as an edge backrower. The only other utility option would be Peachy, I would take Bird. DeBelin is made for origin. I would strongly consider Fergo for centre, but I pick Leilua and Trbojevic ahead of him. Anyway please tell my who you would pick ahead of the players who you don't like in my team. Just pick your team and let me and everyone else see who you would pick.

BrissyRedV

Bench
My origin team right now would be

1 Tedesco
2 B Morris
3 Leilua
4 T Trbojevic
5 Fergo
6 Maloney
7 Cleary
8 Woods
9 Farrah
10 Fifita
11 Frizzell
12 Boyd
13 DeBelin

14 Bird (utility)
15 Paulo
16 Vaughn
17 James
Not a bad team. I'd probably suggest that Laurie would stick with a few more incumbents.
3. Jennings - Leilua out
4. Bird - Turbo out
6. Moylan - Cleary out
7. Maloney - number change
13. Merrin - De Belin to Bench - Paulo out
14. Graham - Bird to centre
Pack is pretty spot on with who I think the selectors will go for. Should be interesting.

Crush

Coach
Because he has the majority of Board Members against him and this is causing unrest with players. It's time Hasler moves on and it's now just which Club he moves to.

Manly seems to be going along alright right now so it might not be Manly he moves to.
Forget Des, its Laurie Daley that we want!;)
Thats for BennyV

Old Timer

Coach
Daley is like Mary has pre conceived ideas and set theories.
He will not make many changes other than bringing back to the fold that which was forced by change last year due to bad behaviour by players.
You can bet your left testicle Pearce will be the half.

Tedesco
Ferguson
Dugan
Bird
Morris ?????
Maloney
Pearce
Woods
Farrah
Fifita
Frizell
Cordner (c)
Merrin

Graham
Vaughan
Klemmer
Peachey

B Moz is only a maybe perhaps someone else gets blooded but not sure of everyone els's availability such as the Melbourne wingers??

BrissyRedV

Bench
Daley is like Mary has pre conceived ideas and set theories.
He will not make many changes other than bringing back to the fold that which was forced by change last year due to bad behaviour by players.
You can bet your left testicle Pearce will be the half.

Tedesco
Ferguson
Dugan
Bird
Morris ?????
Maloney
Pearce
Woods
Farrah
Fifita
Frizell
Cordner (c)
Merrin

Graham
Vaughan
Klemmer
Peachey

B Moz is only a maybe perhaps someone else gets blooded but not sure of everyone els's availability such as the Melbourne wingers??
Hmmm, I completely forgot about Dugan and Klemmer.

Old Timer

Coach
Hmmm, I completely forgot about Dugan and Klemmer.
Dugan and Ferguson a current Australian combination so not very likely that it won't get picked and Klemmer is also an international incumbent so again unlikely to miss out although IMO he is not playing well.

Reactions: Qdf

BrissyRedV

Bench
Dugan and Ferguson a current Australian combination so not very likely that it won't get picked and Klemmer is also an international incumbent so again unlikely to miss out although IMO he is not playing well.
You're right, I just completely forgot about them. I'd probably suggest Dugan in for Bird with Jennings in the other centre position. Klemmer would likely be in place of Vaughan or JDB on my list.

Old Timer

Coach
You're right, I just completely forgot about them. I'd probably suggest Dugan in for Bird with Jennings in the other centre position. Klemmer would likely be in place of Vaughan or JDB on my list.
Anyway a little while to go yet so we will see.
Vaughan is a standout for us at the present time and if keeps it up I expect him to be the bolter for SOO.
I definitely think Pearce will be the 7 a) He was always pencilled in early by Daley b) His current form more than ever before actually warrants it c) NRL love redemption stories

BrissyRedV

Bench
Anyway a little while to go yet so we will see.
Vaughan is a standout for us at the present time and if keeps it up I expect him to be the bolter for SOO.
I definitely think Pearce will be the 7 a) He was always pencilled in early by Daley b) His current form more than ever before actually warrants it c) NRL love redemption stories
Vaughan would do the job well and is definitely a bolter with his early season form. Quite amazing the Raiders let him go. As for Pearce, god I hope not. Not again. He has proved he is not up to it and the best you could say is he has been solid thus far for the Rorters. Personally, I'd like to see Maloney and Moylan as the halves. Both have been there before and would form a solid combo. Cleary is probably too young and inexperienced to be considered at this point in time but is the future.

Old Timer

Coach
Vaughan would do the job well and is definitely a bolter with his early season form. Quite amazing the Raiders let him go. As for Pearce, god I hope not. Not again. He has proved he is not up to it and the best you could say is he has been solid thus far for the Rorters. Personally, I'd like to see Maloney and Moylan as the halves. Both have been there before and would form a solid combo. Cleary is probably too young and inexperienced to be considered at this point in time but is the future.
Moylan IMO is a turnstile in defence and not up to SOO.
In SOO your halves have to be extremely tough and do a lot of tackling and be prepared to get well and truly bashed taking the line on that is not in Moylan's DNA.

BrissyRedV

Bench
Moylan IMO is a turnstile in defence and not up to SOO.
In SOO your halves have to be extremely tough and do a lot of tackling and be prepared to get well and truly bashed taking the line on that is not in Moylan's DNA.
To a certain extent I agree, but Lockyer was a turnstile and always managed to do it. His defensive limitations can be mitigated with a protector ala Toni Carroll. Moylans all round attacking game is superior to that of Pearce's and the side needs to score more points and control the game better and Pearce has really struggled in the past.

Reactions: Qdf

Divine

Bench
The NSW backline could be a Fullbackathon. With Dugan, Moylan Teddy and Turbo "in the mix".
When they lose it'll be because too many players played out of position. So much talent so little teamwork.

The Doc

Juniors
Daley will go with a Pearce/Maloney halves pairing. Maloney deserves a spot, imo Pearce doesnt.
Farah will be #9, imo he shouldnt be picked.
Klemmer will be picked, again, imo his form has been below standard for a while.
As divine said, we will have all these club fullbacks in the backline, thats an issue in itself.
Pick wingers to olay wing, and centres to play centre.
But daley wont do that.
Another series loss is looming.

Old Timer

Coach
Change to the team I think Daley will pick in my post #44
Daniel Tupou will most likely be the winger not B Moz

Latest posts