What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'The Experienced' Logan Swann

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
No, now you have zero credibility.

You wanted to sack Cleary if he failed with a far from perfect squad? What a load of crap. Will you be happy with Tony Kemp or Tawera Nikau coaching the team?

Your business understanding - you must run a finance company.

Go bother the Tigers forum, you'll fit in fine with Themanonthehill

Skinner

Coach
mean_maori_mean said:
I wanted cleary sacked if they didnt make the eight - they did.
But this years comp has had a low standard to make the eight.

If any should be applauded it is Richard Becht warriors p.r man.

No cred - Skinner your the one who acts like he is in the know. but really only team u coach is in NRL fantasy football.

Scurrah - he's not making statements anymore so dont mind him.
Also they have started to get rid of some of the deadwood aussies - in martin and byrne.

Still far from the perfect squad - media keeps on harping on about.

Hey Mr MBA MAN :

I think we can place lots of blame with cleary both him and whoever is involved with recruiting and shaping the team. The team is not progressing and whoever is involved with coaching and player recruitment needs to be flicked.

What Does John Hart seriously do? He reckons in one of the sunday papers he is involved in recruitment. It is seriously a joke? they resigned witt,fien,hohaia, ropati and they offered PJ marsh a contract - are we going to change our name to NZ HOBBITS.

Dont think the CEO is going to last much longer either Scurrah will be gone end of this year or the next

Not only recruitment - but coaching unfortunately they've had the same problems the whole time.

Flick hart, scurah if possible and cleary because he clearly doesnt have any balls if he lets hart butt in on a halftime meeting.

Clearly has repeadetdly gone with muppets like Byrne (equal slowest winger in the nrl with Luke Covell).

Clearly will be rightfully GONESKI by the end of the year

Mate, you are truly a tugger who doesn't have a fuggin clue (and zip credibilty).

Iafeta

Referee
mean_maori_mean said:
SFA - the warriors and the game of rugby league - you based this upon what??
B'coz I dont I was calling for cleary's head if they were too carry on with their crap form?

Got nothing to do with my understanding of the game - maybe its my business understanding.

Mate, i might only be young - but I've got a life time of experience.

And dont worry im in the know - more than any of u guys.

Your business understanding? You weren't even willing to give the coach and CEO a fair chance. Just quietly I'd back Wayne Scurrah's management experience with a major retail commodity and also a major sporting venue commodity ahead of your "only be young" business experience.

"B'coz I dont I was calling for cleary's head if they were to carry on their crap form" - rubbish, you were calling for his head in the midst of it all. You were prematurely calling for his head without giving him the proper chance, and as this season has proved, your decision was wrong.

You are irrational, you jump the gun, you are knee-jerk. You are the quittessential example of what a manager SHOULD NOT be. In fact, I'm quite sure in many of my degree tutorials your style of shoot first, problem solve later mentality is exactly what not to do in a crisis.

Martli

Coach
mean_maori_mean said:
Mate, i might only be young - but I've got a life time of experience.

I HATE it when people say that. It's never true and there are never any exceptions. Young people are and always will be f**king stupid; it's all part of growing up.

ozbash

Referee
Martli said:
I HATE it when people say that. It's never true and there are never any exceptions. Young people are and always will be f**king stupid; it's all part of growing up.

:lol:
very true martli, I had all the answers at 16 - 25.

hadnt heard half the questions though :cool:

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Martli said:

bullsh*te mate - im 21 so what if you some of you guys have watched league for fourty years.
also means you havent played it for 20 years.
Unless any of you guys have coached first-grade, reserve grade, fox memorial hell even bartercard.
at some stage - in terms of rugby league you have no more knowledge or expertise than me.

What do you expect me for every single post to write a well-though out logical arguement .
I frequent this website to get away from all that (essays and crap).

I support the warriors - of course, but I disagree with much of what analysis is done of the media.
They get both extremes when they are good they are labelled 'execellent' and when they are ordinary they are labelled 'awful'.

I'd admit I am please with the development of players in the warriors particularly Michael Luck, Sam Rapira, Gatis and even old' witty who is emerging as an actual five-eigth.

Warriors will be even stronger with the u/20 comp and will remain a finals club for next few years.

Also congratulations to the mighty marlins for making to the finals and I am looking forward to watching the South Auckland fox final.

mean

Juniors
mean_maori_mean said:
bullsh*te mate - im 21 so what if you some of you guys have watched league for fourty years.
Unless any of you guys have coached first-grade, reserve grade, fox memorial hell even bartercard.
at some stage - in terms of rugby league you have no more knowledge or expertise than me.

What do you expect me for every single post to write a well-though out logical arguement .
I frequent this website to get away from all that (essays and crap).

I think you should watch where you aim those stones. Credentials aside, and yes to some people they do warrant more recognition than playing experience. But I don't limit my credentials because of my playing experience or my certifications I've earnt. It would be short sighted and arrogant of me to not extend my knowledge and expertise by limiting these areas just to those two facets that you qualify as being fundamental.

My knowledge and expertise is further enhanced generally by watching and listening. I listen to everyone; current players, ex players, coaches, team personnel, administrators, supporters, armchair critics, non supporters of the game, etc. The key is how you digest that information by putting it into logical reasoning.

My point is sometimes it's best to think logically before we charge off emotionally driven to write something that may make no sense or is obviously flawed.

Skinner

Coach
Mate, it's good advice that mean gives you - take it on board.

"Think before you speak" is some of the best advice you can receive.

If you are truly 21 years of age, then it is time you learned this. You
come across as a 13 year old currently, and the good folks on this forum
can quickly see through any bullsh*t.

Lose the BS and you may find that folks will actually want to talk to you
and debate with you.

Up to you.

Auckland4ever

Juniors
The vast majority of what is written/discussed about RL & sport in general is based around opinion, not indisputable fact.

People can have all the credentials & experience in the world. That doesnt make all their opinions 'right'. Just read some of Lowes previous comments or listen to the experts on Fox or 9.

Wayne Pearce & Gary Freeman would have more significant credentials & experience than anyone on this site, probably. Sometimes think my 86 yr old Grandma is more astute than those two guys put together.

Revelation 3:20

Juniors
Bro why are we talking about who knows more and who has cred......Lets just stick to the league aye... thank you!
Everyone is entitled to their opion whether they are wrong or right.

At the end of the day they lost......lets move on to Townsville!

ps logan should have passed the ball

Auckland4ever

Juniors
On the Swann thing, he screwed up & it infuriated me no end like everyone else.
But its to be expected in close pressure-cooker type games. Odds are, someone will screw up & bomb a crucial opportunity. Every side, bar Melbourne who looked comfortable from the beginning, put pressure on themselves partly by bombing opportunities over the weekend.

As far as the Warriors/Parra game went, I was much more concerned about the lack of opportunities created in good field position than I was about those opportunities that were bombed. That reflects a lot more on Rovelli & Witt than it does on Swann.

Martli

Coach
mean_maori_mean said:
You just proved my point: you're 21 years old. Practically everonye in this age group thinks they know everything. I'm 19, I used to think the same way: at 18 I could fix all the problems in the NZRL, I had all the answers to New Zealand's social and economic problems and I knew exactly how my life was going to pan out. To put it bluntly, I was arrogant, deluded and a complete idiot. It took a lot of mental growing up, a lot of being put in my place by smarter people and some brilliant writing from someone I looked up to for me to realise that I, like everyone else my age, know f**k all.

Now I take pride in admiting I don't have concrete answers to everthing, but I do have ideas based on my own experience and perspectives. By discussing these ideas in this forum and other forums I visit, I open myself up to the perspectives of others and learn new things. No one's ideas are more right or wrong than anyone else's, but some are oviously more educated and based on a lot more experience.

You come across as arrogant and self-rightious. For someone with so much life experience, I'm surprised you have such little understanding of perspective.

Honestly dude, I don't care where you grew up, or what you've done since finishing high school, when you're 21 years old it's likely you've had 3/4 years in "the real world" and I use that term as loosely as possible. How you can expect to be a genius in this amount of time is beyond me.

mean said:
My point is sometimes it's best to think logically before we charge off emotionally driven to write something that may make no sense or is obviously flawed.
Just like to quote this, because I think it's great. Truer words have never been said.

SunkenEyes

Juniors
Ive never been the hugest swann fan. Was infuriated by the bombed try, but i guess you could think of it as being a similar crucial mistake to wayne pearce's dropped ball in tha 89GF with an overlap looming.

I hope Sonny Fai gets given some game time next year. Hes had an awesome year getting blooded in PL.

Juniors
I disagree with martli, age does not run parallel with wisdom.
I know young people who are much wiser then there older counterparts.

Juniors
Martli said:

For example the more "experienced" logan should of passed it.
Where a more "inexperiened" player might of passed

And M_M_M has made some valid points

Martli

Coach
Revelation 3:20 said:
For example the more "experienced" logan should of passed it.
Where a more "inexperiened" player might of passed

And M_M_M has made some valid points
Let me guess, you're also about 18-22?

I'm not saying that all old people are smart--far from it. I am saying that all young people are still learning and not as smart as they think they are, yet.

Of course there are a lot of old people who are thick as pigsh*t, that is an undeniable fact of life. These are the young people that never bothered to learn and remained ignorant.