What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Fanatics at SoO

Clevo

Juniors
Hi peeps....just wondering wht you guys thought of The fanatics all dressed in Blue at the SoO.

Did you find it appealing....or bad?

Would you join a groupo like that?

Perhaps you thought that those seats could have gone to real League fans and the fanatics should stick to Tennis and Cricket?

Your thoughts please

Southernsaint

Staff member
Was it The Fanatics or The Blue Boys (??) sitting on the corner of the Dead Ball Line all dressed in blue??

The Fanatics are dickheads, IMO, no matter what sport they're at.

Cheers,
Ben S.

MEE

Juniors
The fanatics are the worst supporters group ever. I've been to soccer games where they have been present in large numbers and they sucked. One of them even told me to sit down and stop yelling, wtf? They sit on there hands and make no noise what so ever. They should stick to tennis.

ByRd

First Grade
they wont the fanatics. they had a couple of them on the footy show and they are called THE BLUE BOYS and they are good for rugby league. Make alot of noise and try to get everyone around them to get into the game.

f**k DA FANATICS, THEY CAN STAY AT TENNIS :lol:

It was actually the Blatchys Blues Blokes and yeah thats right some of us were on the footy show. We have been going for the last 6 years and we have won every game we have been to. We were definitely not the fanatics those blokes are a bunch of tossers. We are all passionate rugby league fans and love nothing more than a blues victory.

DIEHARD

----
Good on you Blue Boys, I'm a Queenslander and can really respect your passion. You guys do NSW proud. Looks like you guys could really start a massive supporter group.

You guys coming to Lang Park? :mrgreen:

Clevo

Juniors
Well I stand corrected! I'm sure I read it in the paper that the Fanatics were heading for the SoO I just assumed the Blue Boys were the fanatics.

More info on Blue Boys needed for sure!

Razor

Coach
The Fanatics are a bunch of morons.

They're main sport is tennis, but the president doesn't even follow tennis. In the last Davis Cup tie, he was interviewed and ask who he though would win. He said, I really have no idea as I don't follow tennis, but Australia are the favourites. All he does is collect the $75 membership fee that people who want to join them pay.

Southernsaint

Staff member
The biggest steaming pile of shit is their website where there's stories about how Rugby League "will die". Then some moron comes on board with a comment like "I'm a huge League supporter but I agree the sport will die". No credibility - Pffffffft!!

http://www.thefanatics.com/category/Rugby_League/66.html

I've seen first-hand the poor sportmanship & boorish behaviour of The Fanatics at the cricket in Australia & have mates that have witnessed it in the West Indies & overseas during the tennis.

It's after looking at The Fanatics that something like The Dragon Army is so appealing. It's not a money-making venture, it's driven by passion.

Cheers,
Ben S.

Hey guys if ur interested ou can check out our website

www.blatchysblokestours.asn.au

We only go to the first game of the series in NSW or the 2nd if the 1st one is in Qld.

We are planning on an invasion up North next year and might have to visit the caxton just don't know if we will get out alive :D

Southernsaint

Staff member
Stormwarning[c said:
]Aren't the fanatics blokes paid by Tennis Australia?

That would make them real fans wouldn't it?

And after all they are a very poor version of the greatest supporter group in the world

http://www.cricinfo.com/link_to_database/NATIONAL/ENG/CLUBS/barmy-army/

The Barmy Army are just another corporate tour group now, I'm afraid. Although, they do do some charity work, which is commendable.

Cheers,
Ben S.

Stormwarning[c]

Juniors
Some parts of it maybe corporate now (Merchandise), but many still stick to the orginal values of why it was set up.

It also doesn't help when other (ECB) set up an offical supporters club.

At the end of the day we still are the best supporter group in the world :)

Latest posts