What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Footy Show thread 2010

El Diablo

Post Whore
May as well start this years thread seeing it's back on Thursday

some news http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...and-mario-fenech/story-e6freye0-1225837737041

Channel Nine dumps Andrew Voss from Footy Show for Sami Lukis, Wendell Sailor and Mario Fenech

* By Phil Rothfield and Rebecca wWlson
* March 07, 2010 12:00AM

CHANNEL Nine has benched Andrew Voss from its Footy Show panel in a major revamp to boost ratings that slumped to an all-time low last year.

The rookie commentator was criticised last year for overplaying his role on the show and continually butting in on good interviews.

The show's executive producer Gary Burns would not speak on the record, other than to confirm Voss would have a reduced role.

"I need to talk to Andrew when he gets back from the Winter Olympics," was all Burns was prepared to say.

Voss is not part of a sharp new advertising campaign for the show, which features Tina Turner's hit Simply The Best.

Nine's show, which resumes on Thursday night, will now be without two of last year's regular panellists with Voss and Matty Johns replaced by Peter Sterling and Wendell Sailor.

Former weather girl Sami Lukis has joined the show in a weekly segment with Rabbitohs legend Mario Fenech.

Fenech actually knocked back an offer to jump ship to Johns' new show by recently agreeing to a new contract at Nine, his long-term friendship with Burns behind the decision to stay.

Nine's show will be headed up by Paul Vautin, Sterling and Sailor as regular panellists, with Fenech, Big Marn Darryl Brohman, Lukis, Phillip Ronald Gould, Benji Marshall and Eels rookie Daniel Mortimer doing different segments.

Johns' new show on Channel Seven will not start until three weeks into the season.

Monk

Referee
I didn't really watch that much of the footy show last year, Roast + Sundays footy show have always appealed to me more, will be interesting to see how the Thursday night footy show compares with Matty's new show.

beave

Coach
Mario is without a doubt, one of the biggest dullards to grace our TV sets............ i f#$king cringe everytime that p!ssant appears on that show.

Last edited:
Your bagging mario when they are putting on Dell. And saying that f**king Voss tried to hard when Dell's on the show.......... Deadset the bloke just looks desperate to say something the entire time.

bartman

Immortal
Voss and Matty Johns replaced by Peter Sterling and Wendell Sailor.
Well, they haven't lost anything there.

Sterlo > Voss
Dell > Johns

Former weather girl Sami Lukis has joined the show in a weekly segment with Rabbitohs legend Mario Fenech.
Oh dear... sounds like a channel switcher if ever I heard one.

Fenech and Brohman on the one show? Hopefully it's an either/or proposition week-to-week.

I'm glad to see the back of Voss.

He was an annoying twerp always trying to be be noticed and make a name for himself.

This is a good move.

Goddo

Bench
Fatty is still running the show, and they will probably continue to not talk footy on the footy show.

I can't stand Mario, Brohman, Voss and Fatty's stupid head wobble. It will still be crap slapstick, Keno advertising and un-funny football types (see previous sentence) trying their hardest to be funny.

The only person with any credability on the show is Sterlo, who they had to revive due to falling ratings.

Pass.

Matty Johns' new show sounds like something that might be worth a look, with supposedly more subtle humor and a more serious coverage of football news, and few dipsh!t deadbeats on screen.

Last edited:

big_matt

Juniors
I look forward to watching it at about 1am every Thursday night/Friday morning here in Melbourne!

Why is Mario still there, he stopped being funny...well...he never was funny to begin with. If he had any brains at all, he would've realised the only reason he's there is for them to bag him out.

Sami Lukis, pfft, not expecting much from her. Not to upset about Voss going, Sterlo back is a plus, and Dell will be good too. Brohman's segments are usually funny, Gus is good in the footy analysis segments.

roboshark

Coach
Now they just need to piss him off from the commentary as well and I will be happy

The bloke is an arrogant tosser

Didgi

From what I've heard Johns' show will be more like the Sunday Footy Show, though presented in a more comedic way, but solely focused on the footy, not comedy segments like on the thursday show.

fourplay

Juniors
Sterlo is the most boring TV personality in existance. He doesn't provide any real insight either.

Atleast Vossy asked the players and coaches the hard questions and said what others were afraid too which made for more interesting viewing.

Who else would have had the guts to say to Ennis face that Farah got more Dally M points than him and should have got hooker of the year... or say directly to Bellamy what he thinks of the Storm.

Last edited:

Sonic Star

Juniors
When does Matt Johns new show meant to start?

I thought it was meant to start next week at 8:30pm Ch 7

Latest posts