What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The hype meter rating in Sydney for the 2014 GF

_Johnsy

Referee
I believe this is what we're after lads.

hhpc-6plus.jpg

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Agreed.

The uneven playing field of the modern era has turned me and many I know off. I don't expect the fans of the favoured clubs to even acknowledge this. The poaching of Newcastle's best junior in 20 years by one of the GF-ists in GF week demonstrates this perfectly.

I have gone from footy fanatic to not one bit interested in the grand final.
:-({|=

Last edited:
Just finished an hour walking around Redfern. Hype is high lots of signs, streamers and jerseys.

The only people not getting into the spirit are the hipsters who are walking around pretending they don't know what the red and green is for.

Noise

Coach
I haven't seen one bunnies or dogs flag on a car on the northern beaches this week. Previous years I've seen roosters, dragons and eels flags as well as manly obviously

Surrogate

Juniors
It'll only rate a 10 if there are street clashes, and tear gas is used to disperse the crowds.
The Muslims are feeling a bit edgy nudging it towards 7.2.

Where are the hooligans when you need them.

Last edited:

Game_Breaker

Coach
The fact police close the streets some nights to allow people to dance in the middle of Burwood Rd in Belmore broke my hype-meter

TimmyB

Juniors
Just finished an hour walking around Redfern. Hype is high lots of signs, streamers and jerseys.

The only people not getting into the spirit are the hipsters who are walking around pretending they don't know what the red and green is for.

I live pretty much opposite Redfern Park, and have to say I've been pretty disappointed.

Nothing like Darling St the year the Tigers were in the GF.

Brutus

Referee
Hype in Randwick 7.15

At least the Randwick Town Hall is flying a couple of Bunnies flags.

Last year it was flying a couple of Chooks' flags.

BunniesMan

Immortal
1908. 1935.

The 2 teams in this years grand final are 106 and 79 years old. The oldest (we're slightly older than Easts) and 3rd oldest clubs in the NRL. I love that the grand final is between two clubs with so much history. I know that annoys Queenslanders and everyone else outside Sydney. But it is great to see that two old clubs are at the top of the modern game.

Get that up ya all you Sydney haters and wankers like PR who want to turn the comp into a plastic franchise system.

You cannot buy what these clubs have built over so many generations.

roofromoz

First Grade
Been very, very quiet here in Camden. Spotted the occasional jersey though.

However, I work in Doggies territory and the Canterbury Council building was decked out in the blue and white bunting. Belmore is a sea of it, particularly Burwood Road. Every shop has something, even if it was just the "Light Up" poster. Had lunch earlier in the week there and it was a very festive mood, even with cars doing "mainies" covered in Doggies paraphernalia.

Had some guy driving up and down Beamish Street in Campsie yesterday afternoon with "Who Let The Dogs" out on repeat. Obviously Dogs fans would love it, but I see it for what it probably truly is - an annoying novelty song circa. 2001.

Last edited:

Bronco18

Juniors
Agreed.

The uneven playing field of the modern era has turned me and many I know off. I don't expect the fans of the favoured clubs to even acknowledge this. The poaching of Newcastle's best junior in 20 years by one of the GF-ists in GF week demonstrates this perfectly.

I have gone from footy fanatic to not one bit interested in the grand final.

Lol wut, we haven't had a more even season in who knows how long...
What is this "modern era" rubbish? When did the footy used to be more even?

DURRRHURRR

Juniors
1908. 1935.

The 2 teams in this years grand final are 106 and 79 years old. The oldest (we're slightly older than Easts) and 3rd oldest clubs in the NRL. I love that the grand final is between two clubs with so much history. I know that annoys Queenslanders and everyone else outside Sydney. But it is great to see that two old clubs are at the top of the modern game.

Get that up ya all you Sydney haters and wankers like PR who want to turn the comp into a plastic franchise system.

South sydney rabbitohs have only been in the comp for 13 years or so, and Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs even less. The Penrith Panthers have been competing in the top competition for much longer than either of these teams. Either that or Newcastle has as much history as any team

Son of Minto

Bench
1908. 1935.

Youre not even from Sydney you f**king gorp.