What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Knights losing streak...

Tommy Smith

Referee
Currently stands at 13.

And with the Dogs, Panthers and Titans to come they might have to wait until lol@Souffs visit in rnd 25.

Are they the worst team you've ever seen? And what's the NRL record for losing streak?

Oh and rather than intending to mock Knights fans, I must give massive credit to the loyal ones out there. No fan base - not even the Eels - must feel as disheartened as you guys right now.

wittyfan

Referee
They're amongst the top echelon of worst sides ever but Wests in 1999 are still the gold standard for the sheer number of 50+ scores they conceded. Souths in 2004 stand out as well for being atrocious.

University hold the all-time record at 42, still a hope for the Knights to better with the current plodders.

Red Bear

Referee
Wests managed three wins, not sure Newcastle will get there. their f/a is pretty bad at -401 with five games to play. Souths 02 were at -432. Wests -659 is pretty safe though

GW.

Juniors
GW here,

What about the 2013 eels?

i dont know the stats but they were so bad.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
GW here,

What about the 2013 eels?

i dont know the stats but they were so bad.

Played 24, won 5, lost 19, -415 points differential. Newcastle need to win 4 of their last 5 to do better. I'm guessing they'll win at most one more all season though, and probably end up with a differential of -450 or worse.

GW.

Juniors
Played 24, won 5, lost 19, -415 points differential. Newcastle need to win 4 of their last 5 to do better. I'm guessing they'll win at most one more all season though, and probably end up with a differential of -450 or worse.

The only thing is, from memory, is they rolled fly early in the season, but when it unravelled.

It unravelled hard. maybe isolate the last 20 games?

Tommy Smith

Referee
Having looked at the 1999 season I'd have to agree on Wests. They almost conceded 1000 points!

Cop an eye full of their team - rnd 22, 1999 - if you dare (a 64-16 home defeat to the Raiders).

1. David Buko
2. Adam Donovan
3. Kevin McCuinness
4. Justin Brooker
5. Barry Davis
6. Shane Perry
7. Steve Georgiallis
8. Harvey Howard
9. Ciriaco Mescia
10. Matt Spence
11. Matthew Fuller
12. Michael Brabek
13. Scott Coxon

14. Tate Moseley
15. Adam Bristow
16. Paul Jeffries
17. Dane Dorahy

That'll make a statue of the Virgin Mary bleed out of every orifice.

The only names there I'm familiar with are McCuinness, Perry (THE Shane Perry of Lockyer coattails to Premiership fame?), Gerogiallis, Howard and Mescia.

Apey

Staff member
Had a couple of games we should have won since then and been competitive in others (Raiders, Storm off the top of my head)... wouldn't surprise any of us if we didn't win another game all year though. Souffs in rd 25 are the best bet based on current form. The Dragons have only scored 8 more points than us; now that is a feat truly to behold. Rounds 25 & 26 will be good for the lols if nothing else.

Cloudsurfer

Juniors
Heads up Newcastle...all those young guys will be a year older, a year more experienced and determined to do better next season. Kudos to them all for turning up this season with very little attitude slip & trying. Bodes well for next year I reckon

Card Shark

Immortal
Yes they've shown some guts, just some poor execution has cost them at times.

They'll be a lot better next year. Need to try & jag a win before end of season though - something to work on.

The obvious difference between us and the Maggies in 1999 is they had mostly players with little or no future upside.

Except Shane Perry who won a premiership.

Rod

Bench
2006 Rabbitohs only had 3 wins also?

The first half of yesterday aside, our defence has at least shown some structure and ticker in the last 6 or so weeks. Inexperience and lack of composure cost us the Raiders and Eels wins. On another day we could have upset the Storm a couple of weeks ago, that would have given us 2-3 more wins in the last 6 or 7 games.

While the F/A is bad I don't know if it is worst team of all time bad. The overall record is awful though, we might jag a win somewhere in the last few weeks which would give us 2 wins, 1 draw and 21 losses.

I haven't checked but it wouldn't surprise me if the 2005 13 match losing streak had a worse F/A than this current one. That stretch was completely awful. Obviously the 10 or so rounds were a different story when we were basically a completely different team.

yobbo84

First Grade
The Knights of 2016 can hold their heads a lot higher than the Rabbitohs or Roosters of 2016, when you compare rosters