What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The last time

Can anyone remember the last time that the wests tigers won a friday night game???? i dont think that they have, i would be very surprised, so who was it before that wests or balmain???? it must been when adam was a boy, or when noahs ark was around!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BJ

Juniors
how many friday night games have the tigers played?
there was the baby broncos dibacle.. and then against st george when there was the big biff.. and we lost both games..
other then that have we played another friday night game?

daslacker

Juniors
I can't remeber any friday night wins for weststigers

Magpies I think vs norths by willis's field goal and
vs perth reds we won easily i think

dude336

Juniors
west tigers have played a friday night game againest manly at brookie in 2000 or 2001 as well.i recall senter charging down the from ball from a kick and racein up for a try

Gobbso

Juniors
Yeah that was 2001.

Wests Tigers have played 4 Friday night game.

2 of which occured in 2000. That being the Wild Wild West night against St.George-Illawarra with Hoppa and Lamey going all out in the top left hand corner at Campbelltown. The other was against Melbourne when i believe it was the beginning of the end for the Joint-Venture club, and a sign of things to come when our leader in McCracken was forced out of the game for life by a spear tackle gone wrong by Kearney.

The other 2, were in 2001 at Brookevale against the 'then' Northern Eagles. the game was only a couple of weeks after Field, McGuinness and Hopoate were sentenced to a stint on the sideline. then there was the Baby Broncos fiasco in 2002. Let's not go into that shall we? :x

So in all...this will be Wests Tigers 5th Friday night free to air televised game. Let's hope the trend doesn't continue and the boys can record their first Friday night win for the Joint-Venture.

PREDATOR

Juniors
Not this week gobbso :mrgreen:
Our heavyweight forward pack will steamroll their lightweight opponents allowing gowie to carve up and set up our outside backs 8)

Suzie

Juniors
Nah, predator, we have enough former Panthers to know how you'll play the game and beat ya!

innsaneink

Referee
PREDATOR said:
Our heavyweight forward pack will steamroll their lightweight opponents allowing gowie to carve up and set up our outside backs 8)

Im looking forward to the upset of the season.....if our defence is at its peak, (its been very very good this year) we can possibly frustrate your guys who can get panicky.
Then as long as our kicking games at 100% as well, geez I wouldnt rule out a |Wests upset. If we play to the best of our ability we can beat Penriff.

innsaneink

Referee
bonstonker said:
i hope prince bombs the hell out of them
Yeah mate.....I dont care if its an ugly win, a pretty one, sweet, sour....whatever....as long as its an injury- free victory. [-o<

westie

Bench
innsaneink said:
PREDATOR said:

Im looking forward to the upset of the season.....if our defence is at its peak, (its been very very good this year) we can possibly frustrate your guys who can get panicky.
Then as long as our kicking games at 100% as well, geez I wouldnt rule out a |Wests upset. If we play to the best of our ability we can beat Penriff.

Our defense has been below par since we lost Dazza. In saying that we still have a better defense than a lot of teams. If only we could score trys.

King Tigerman

Juniors
we scored enough last week itll be our defence that does it

the key is sattler if he has a blinder were a good shot of winning if he doesnt hopefully we can keep the score respectable

tiges to win but not in true confidence premiers are always a tough game

however the past 2 years we have beaten the premiers of the previous year in our only game v them & both times it was at campbelltown

holla4amarshall

Juniors
skando first last and and field goal by the big fella
he'll either get injured or have a blinder coz his first game was v panthers 100 premiership games v's panthers now 100 tigers games v panthers so something is just special about the panthers
i think sportstab should start up a new betting type called Injured Tigers.
all you do is pick which of our 17 will be sidelined in the particular game
no injured player would be around $50 atm