What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Main Event

Sharkette

Juniors
Well as some of you may or may not already know, this coming Saturday is Groggo's & my BIG day when we finally tie the knot after a 16 month engagement (gee, how fast does time fly).

Neither of us have been around online much in recent weeks, due to the time involved and the pressures of organising such an event. For anyone planning to marry in the future, or for the benefit of you young'uns who will one day "take the plunge", take our advice.....ELOPE!! There's alot to be said for it, I can tell you!!

Anyway, take care everyone, see you all when we get back and we will be back online alot more again on our return from our honeymoon after next week!

goonerssml.jpg

fizman

Bench
Congratulations my Dear Friend. I hope that you have an enjoyable day and many years of happiness ahead of you. That is an excellant picture of you both, although I did cut out the bloke in maroon and white!!

Take Care, All the very best and we will catch you soon.

chileman

Coach
Groggo, you are one fine speciman of a homo sapien, you must hold illustrious company amigo! :D

Can't wait to see you both tie the knot on Saturday :D it's going to be a special wedding!

Congratulations Sharkette. Great news and I do hope that all goes well on your big day. I wish you both all the very best for a long and happy marriage. I'll say a few words to the big fellow upstairs to see if he or she can put on a great day weather-wise for as well.

My only advice to you is to make sure that you get as much video footage of the day as possible as it goes so quickly. I concur with what you say about eloping, it sure is an expensive exercise, but hopefully it's just a once only expense. It's one of those "big" moments in your life and I know a few people that have eloped only to regret afterwards that they didn't make more of an event of it. Make sure you post some wedding photos at a later stage.

My wife and I just managed to clock up 16 years on the 24th October and, despite the occasional row and difference of opinion, I've never regretted taking the plunge. Besides, I've also brought 4 more Sharks' supporters into the world and they are growing up to be even more vocal and parochial about the club than I am.

Congratulations. I know what you mean about eloping - I think every couple considers it in the weeks leading up to the big day! But afterwards you'll be glad you made all the effort. Just make sure you take it all in and enjoy the day because it will be over in a flash.

Just make sure the kids listen to mum and not dad when it comes to footy. :lol:

Sharkette, I'm sure by the time once you sit down at the reception and sip on that first beer as Mrs Groggo, you'll wonder what all the fuss was about.

Congratulations to you both on your big day, and always remember its your day and enjoy. I look forward to sharing a coldie with you both at Shark Park next year. \\:D/

Booyah

Bench
Congrats Sharkette and Groggo.

I Hope this will be the greatest day in your lives. Make sure those little Sharkettes and Groggos only support the black white and blue though. :D

Congrats and good luck guys.

imasharkie

Coach
Way to go Sharkette and Groggo hope the day is fantastic for you and thanks for the picture post of you both, now I'll know someone to look for at the famous ground next year when I hope to get down there and for you Groggo I think you would be a far better bloke dressed in the right guensey....you look the perfect couple so good luck to you :D

The Popper

Bench
blueboatboy2 said:
Groggo I think you would be a far better bloke dressed in the right guensey

True, bb2. But maybe a good Sharkie girl like Sharkette can set him on the straight and narrow.
Congratulations and best wishes to you both, Sharkette & Groggo. May the future bring lots of happiness, lots of Sharks premierships, and the pitter patter of little Sharks supporters feet. :)

Quint

Juniors
All the best to the both of you!
Enjoy your day,believe me it goes way fast,before you know it you are saying thanks to your friends and family and are off on your honeymoon.
Take it in ,love it and enjoy yourselves.It is the best day of your lives so far.(it was for me anyhow).
Good luck to you both,( even you Groggo you manly supporter .you!)
Schooner Of New :)

fizman

Bench
Will John Farnham, Olivia Newton-John and Anthony Warlow be making an appearance??

Sharkette

Juniors
Thank you all for your lovely words, it is much appreciated by both of us! I'm sure we will enjoy the day as much as we hope all our families and friends will.

fizman said:
Will John Farnham, Olivia Newton-John and Anthony Warlow be making an appearance??

Why of course they will be, backed up by the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra too, I might add! Only the best for the upcoming Groggo / Sharkette union! :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

chileman

Coach
Sharkettemum, I have a problem, I can't fit your wedding gift in the plane with me, it weighs the plane down to much so I may need to get a freighter to bring it by sea to that spot you are standing at Cronulla beach ;-)

Latest posts