What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Matty Johns Show: Thursdays @ 7.30pm on 7

alexc

I am curious to know what will happen outside of NSW and QLD.

Will Channel 7 go where Channel 9 has never dared to go (with good reason) and air a Rugby League show in Prime Time Melb. My bet is on repeats of some US/AU drama or lifestyle show or maybe an AFL variation.

I remember reading it was going to be on at 7.30pm

SEAT 1A

Bench
all they have to do to win me is review last weeks games and preview next weeks games and throw in some interviews and they've got me.

Totally agree Ausguy. Just talk about the footy with a bit of off the field goings on.

PaulyTom

Juniors
Sorry to ask the stupid questions but when does the show start? and what is the format?

Have not seen any advertising for it.

Either way I will be watching it .

If there is a comedy section to the show maybe a parady of an obnoxious plump current affairs host could be done. Maybe a foul mouthed foreign chef could beat the current affairs host over the head with a rubber salami.

I release all rights to this spectacular idea so that one day i might sit back & enjoy it on TV.

alexc

Double post kinda: Sorry to Melb RL people but I am pretty sure they are doing an AFL version of the channel 7 show. Some guy from AFL Ch9 footy show jumped ship.

MsStorm

Bench
Double post kinda: Sorry to Melb RL people but I am pretty sure they are doing an AFL version of the channel 7 show. Some guy from AFL Ch9 footy show jumped ship.

Very very disappointing if that's true. As if we need another afl show here in Melbourne:?

Brutus

Referee

It's always the way.

They can never produce a new league show on FTA without a friggin version of it being done for southern audiences.

It's a shame that rule doesn't work in reverse.

kickback

Juniors
Shane Webcke will add a good balance for Johns>> Johns can be the clown and Webcke will talk footy>

meltiger

First Grade
It's always the way.

They can never produce a new league show on FTA without a friggin version of it being done for southern audiences.

It's a shame that rule doesn't work in reverse.

How dare they produce something to try and win ratings in Melbourne, how dare they! :lol:

What do C7 do that isn't done in NSW/RL?

meltiger

First Grade
Very very disappointing if that's true. As if we need another afl show here in Melbourne:?

You mean more than the one/two we have now? (Monday/Friday). What is there, the gimp fest on C9 on Monday nights (If that is even on anymore, I rarely watched it so wouldn't know), then TFS on Thursday nights, what else?

It's an Aussie Rules town. Move north if you don't like it.

Brutus

Referee
How dare they produce something to try and win ratings in Melbourne, how dare they! :lol:

I'm not saying the Sydney version should be shown in Mebourne.

There have been AFL FTA footy type shows created in the past, but not RL versions for the Northern States. Like that Footy confidential thing on 9.

It seems everytime there is a RL show show created for the northern states, there's always an AFL equivalent.

I was sort of hoping this would be a RL only slot for the northern states and ch 7 in Melb, Perth ect could just show something else like a repeat of Family Ties:)