What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'The most open comp in years' pffft

BunniesMan

Immortal
The year is long......injury plays it part every single year....right now there is gap, and I would agree even with injury and rep commitments, Manly will probably out do Illawarra, but I reckon the top 8 is too hard to predict, with any accuracy, same as premiers, if all fit maybe, but that does not happen.
I'll guarantee you the top 8 right now. The current 8 with the Dogs replacing the Tigers.

miccle

Bench
If some of the jokers here really believed in what they were saying, they'd be better served loading up with the bookies before they spend countless hours complaining online. Make themselves a fortune!

Clearly a big gap and defined levels between teams at the moment, but this is three rounds in. Depending on the number of new signings, success of the pre-season and ability to hit the ground running, your team might be winless or undefeated right now.

Absolutely no doubt at all that we'll see some teams slide and others climb up the ladder. Has happened every year that I can remember...

But for those who have it pegged already, get yourselves to the bookies and take their cash... by all means.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Last round excluded, a guaranteed top 8 that doesn't include the Cowboys seems unlikely to me.
I agree that they're the most likely of the teams I haven't included to make it but every year there is a team that underachieves relative to expectations and their talent level. I feel this year its the Cowboys.

Danish

Referee
I really do have to laugh when people are already trying to make claims to a top 4 spot already. The storm will be top 4. The other 3 spots are far from decided. For all the crowing by souths fans for example they could be below the roosters after this round.

5 weeks into the 2006 season everyone had the knights and cowboys pencilled in as their grand final teams (both were undefeated up to that point). The dogs were about 3 wins from 8 games last year IIRC.

Point being anyone trying to predict the top 4 in march is a fool

Billythekid

First Grade
I really do have to laugh when people are already trying to make claims to a top 4 spot already. The storm will be top 4. The other 3 spots are far from decided. For all the crowing by souths fans for example they could be below the roosters after this round.

5 weeks into the 2006 season everyone had the knights and cowboys pencilled in as their grand final teams (both were undefeated up to that point). The dogs were about 3 wins from 8 games last year IIRC.

Point being anyone trying to predict the top 4 in march is a fool

Souths are definitely over-rated at this point.

afl is uneven LOL, richmond beat carlton tonight

Lol, you know jack all about the AFL and NRL. There has never been a more uneven competition than the AFL over the past few years. All you need to look at the odds of the games and premierships of the respective comps to get an idea how uneven AFL happens to be.

Latest posts