What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Nelsn Trial

Minh

First Grade
Excitement Machine, but he can have a run mid season (injury/rep/form whatever), lets see how he handles 80 minutes for the Cutters, no shortage of blokes very much first grade proven and deserving of first shots.

I also have my suspicion that a full season of first grade is a huge ask for a new kid.. such as Aitken last year, I think youd rather come in for half a season, be fresh.. get a taste.. get your confidence and hit a preseason.. just a suspicion but I think their introduction should be a gradual process.

Agree Rev, would like to see him play a bit of FG this year but we have the luxury of not having to rush with so many FG experienced players in the squad, the depth is really good. Ease them in and they might be a better player for it in the long run.

Mr Red

First Grade
I heard Packer was solid but not spectacular, and the plodder was very good.
Can anyone supply any updates on who was a standout, or who was flat?
how did Creagh go?

The Nick

Bench
Excitement Machine, but he can have a run mid season (injury/rep/form whatever), lets see how he handles 80 minutes for the Cutters, no shortage of blokes very much first grade proven and deserving of first shots.

I also have my suspicion that a full season of first grade is a huge ask for a new kid.. such as Aitken last year, I think youd rather come in for half a season, be fresh.. get a taste.. get your confidence and hit a preseason.. just a suspicion but I think their introduction should be a gradual process.

I agree and apparently that was the plan for Aitken last year but injuries/Nielson etc meant that Aitken had to play the majority of the season. To his credit however I thought he was excellent in our final hit out against the Bulldogs last year.

Mary should have picked Ah Mau at halfback last year instead of De Belin!

Hahahaha.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I heard Packer was solid but not spectacular, and the plodder was very good.
Can anyone supply any updates on who was a standout, or who was flat?
how did Creagh go?
In the original 'Nelson' thread there's more. I thought went well while he was on the field. All the forwards were very involved with de Belin probably the best in what was a team effort. No one was crap on our side, and this was reflected in the scoreline. Warriors were back peddling, lost control of the ruck early. Our speed. Widdop took the ball up well and Marshall did some godd cut out passes. Dugan shined at centre.

Latest posts