What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Official Dylan Brown thread

Gronk

Staff member
Is it a coincidence that Moses has found his halfback mojo at age 26/27 ? No, because everyone says that’s when a half is at the peak of his powers.

Now where were we again ? Oh, that’s right, 20 year old Dylan is shit and he won’t amount to anything !

To be honest I'm surprised Moses didn't get better offers from other Sydney clubs. He left our junior pathways for money then later came back for money. I figured the highest bidder would get him and hoped it wouldn't be us. I like how we didn't concede to Gutherson's demands straight away and then later to Nathan Brown. Maybe there just wasn't that much demand for Moses or maybe he'll genuinely take less to stay.
He left our pathways because Rod Reddy told him he was too small to be an NRL player

Gazzamatta

Coach
Reynolds at the Broncos appears a good buy but probably more so for Reynolds than the GGs. What with all the perks he will be set for life. Good on him.
I still reckon Drinkwater is a gun and would have been a better long term purchase. But then again it's the Drongos so WGAF.

I've heard this but it sounds like bullshit. Most NRL players were too small at 16. In any case, Ben Elias already said he got the Tigers to make a better offer for him.
I was ribbing Moses one day on some Parra Junior rep photos online. I said to him he's too small and will never play NRL. He replied Rod Reddy said that. I'll let him know the squad succession merkin thinks he's a bullshit merkin

eels_v_knights_mattysCup_semi_30_s800.jpg

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Players will say anything to justify chasing the money. If their current club's offer is less than a rival offer they'll say "They didn't want me!" I reckon Reddy would've said something like he needs to bulk up, and Moses latched onto it to justify disloyalty in jumping ship.

When Moses went to the Tigers they had one of the top junior recruitment ("development") programs in Sydney. Look at all the former Tigers junior rep players all over the NRL.

lingard

Coach
he also played a lot at centre, in the days of split halves 5/8s dont have the running game that Bert had

Yes, he'd be good at centre or fullback; but I think he'd be dynamite as a modern day five-eight. Jack Wighton is a big five-eight with a great running game. I think Kenny would be similar but way better (except for the kicking game).

lingard

Coach
Apart from the sharks (and south’s who don’t appear to have the cap space) all the Sydney clubs already their halves options signed (even if they may not be that great)

Yep. I cannot for the life of me understand why Cronulla let Townsend go.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
The defence of Dylan Brown
The Parramatta number 6 goes looking for defensive work and completes it more effectively than any other half in the competition.

Parramatta's Dylan Brown is the standout defensive half in the competition.

His teammate Mitch Moses rarely does more than he needs to defensively, but the Eels' number 6 doesn't shy away from the dirty work and rarely misses a tackle.

Brown is, of course, currently suspended for using his knees in a tackle against Drew Hutchison, another defensive stalwart.

Last week, Brad Arthur slotted his son, Jakob, into Brown's vacant position.

That's asking a lot from the 18-year-old … a player the same age as Sam Walker and with more range but only a little more brawn.

He performed well against the Warriors on the weekend, scoring a try on debut. But he clearly tired late in the match.

GoodnaturedRareBluefintuna-mobile.jpg

Jakob Arthur tires late against the Warriors.(Gfycat)
On Sunday he'll meet a Manly side featuring barnstorming fullback Tom Trbojevic behind a pack ready to uphold one of rugby league's great traditions: running at the little man.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-05...medium=content_shared&utm_source=abc_news_web

crocodile

Bench
The defence of Dylan Brown
The Parramatta number 6 goes looking for defensive work and completes it more effectively than any other half in the competition.

Parramatta's Dylan Brown is the standout defensive half in the competition.

His teammate Mitch Moses rarely does more than he needs to defensively, but the Eels' number 6 doesn't shy away from the dirty work and rarely misses a tackle.

Brown is, of course, currently suspended for using his knees in a tackle against Drew Hutchison, another defensive stalwart.

Last week, Brad Arthur slotted his son, Jakob, into Brown's vacant position.

That's asking a lot from the 18-year-old … a player the same age as Sam Walker and with more range but only a little more brawn.

He performed well against the Warriors on the weekend, scoring a try on debut. But he clearly tired late in the match.

GoodnaturedRareBluefintuna-mobile.jpg

Jakob Arthur tires late against the Warriors.(Gfycat)
On Sunday he'll meet a Manly side featuring barnstorming fullback Tom Trbojevic behind a pack ready to uphold one of rugby league's great traditions: running at the little man.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-05...medium=content_shared&utm_source=abc_news_web
They all run at little fellas. Don't worry about JA. Matto will be his minder.

yy_cheng

Coach
Now ABC, followup with an article about his attacking prowesss... Though I still rather have him than Blake

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
gee we missed this kids defense last night, Manly seemed to gel pretty early that Blakes defense is a weakness and there was no Dylbags to cover for him