What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The other mob (Forum 7's talk)

Will we get past the PVP Cup qualifiers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

paulquinn49

Bench
Hey guys, most of you are aware that the Raiders were the runners up in the 2005 Forum 7’s competition. They will be back next year, but hopefully they will be playing along side the team I am trying to create.

We don’t actually having a name up and running, we were called The Kman Klan Krows, (KKK) after coming to the conclusion the name was too controversial it was thrown out the door. The search for a new team name has been pretty difficult. With about 20 solid suggestions getting a mention. It got narrowed down to 4, then 5, then 6. We simply can’t decide. It is a big decision imo

We currently have 10 people/forumers signed up to “The team formerly known as KKK”. We would like to expand on this and I am inviting anyone interested to put their name in here.

Realistically if we have a good rotation and solid amount of posters you could be doing as few as 3 articles for the whole year. While experiencing the same amount of team unity and belonging any other teams member has. The average age of our side is about 20. But old heads are welcome to join, as we do not discriminate. Any expression of interest will be taken seriously.

The Team

Kris_Man/Kman – What a delightful young man, if you haven’t got the chance to know him you are missing out. Kman in my opinion is one of the best footy brains around the forums. We have made no secret we will be riding his coattails if we are to be a success. Despite some earlier bad form he has picked up his game and developed into a real ladies man!

Paulquinn49 – Me. Bit of a dickhead, vain and has great hair. Formerly afraid of midgets and homosexuals, matured in the last 2 years and has made continuous efforts not to exclude or ridicule. Currently friends with 2 homosexuals and 0 midgets but wish to change that stat. Only contributed 1 article during 2005 but feel the experience I got will definitely help for next year.

Edabomb – A great guy who resides in Wellington, New Zealand. Has a way with words and getting his point across, something that is a must in Forum 7’s. Smarter than the NZ stereotype suggests and will be a real asset to the side. Claim to fame is when he met Ron Jeremy. Is my go to man when I have an issue to big for me to comprehend, definitely has the Midas touch.

Not really I was just listening to that song!

Raider Azz – Has a boyish charm about him, staunch Raiders fan who lives in sleepy Canberra. Azz for me really burst onto the Forum 7’s scene with a stunning debut and went quiet. Vince Vaughn look a like who could definitely get some play if he desired imo. Great guy and definitely loves a laugh, when mischief comes knocking this guy always answers.

James Gould – I think I have spoken to James once on MSN. His experience this year with Newtown will really help out our generally inexperienced side. James is also Ed’s (Edabomb) brother, doesn’t mean he follows Canberra though. James is a Newcastle fanatic. Has had his own website up and running at www.marathonstadium.com

Greenblooded – Despite his name suggesting he is some futuristic half alien, half human monster he is infact a Raiders fan also. GB also hails from NZ, he is a well liked/loved figure on the forums and we are very pleased he decided to join. He is a very active member in recruiting future Raiders fans as proven when he decked out his baby Raiders gear. Champion effort!

Jellie/Les Amber – An unknown to all of you guys. I found him lurking around the old rleague, waiting for someone to talk his Raiders with him. After trying to set up a similar Forum 7’s type comp at rleague I knew he would on side with this project. He is currently working as an Insurance Tycoon in the Wollongong area. Even has a girlfriend, he truly has it all.

Millwall – Such a mysteriously odd and creative man. He is also from the Wollongong area and another Raiders fan. Always has a story/experience to share and is a class act. My first memory of him was when I got my computer fixed which took 8 weeks, I thought to myself “Who the f**k is that” and while writing this brief bio I asked that question again!

TiTTieS – I really haven’t got to know this guy at all yet. He lacks MSN. He certainly comes across as great guy, always has a question ready on the Q&A with PQ thread. I don’t really know about his name, not sure if it means anything or he was just horny as when he joined the boards! Either way it will be great to have him on board, he also has experience in the 7’s which will help us.

Valiant Raider – What a year it has been for this young go getter, last year he was outside breathing in that dirty fresh air. This year he discovers the forums and becomes best newbie, ruling out a return to the great outdoors. Despite his popularity with the forumers he has not developed an ego, further justifying why he was singled out by the recruitment team here.

So if you are interested in joining don't hesitate to express your interest. Or if you want to get to know the team better just ask a few questions here and we will get back to you all.

Thanks guys

paulquinn49

Bench
Schifty that is cool man, we dont mind how people vote. We believe in ourselves and team mates. We to hope we get past the PVP and are looking forward to a potential clash with the Raiders side in 06.

Imagine all the pre match talk haha

On the Captain and Vice Captain... we really wanted to stay true to our mission statement first time around, which was making everyone a co-captain. If that is not possible, I would like to see Kristo as captain and Ed as his loveable sidekick.

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]

Juniors
Call our side chips, fries and crisps. How random is that? :lol: :lol: :lol: CFC for short I just noticed :)

Equal Opportunity Office

Department of Fair Trading

Canberra Chronicle (unless a real one exists???)

Kilo's, Pounds and Ounces

Harry Herald's Chronicles

Midnight Office (number of writers we have e.g. Midnight Office 12 or some bs like that)

Simply Slick

Oompaloompas, Midgets and Oompaloompas (or OMO for short coz we will clean up) - {whaddaya reckon about that one Quinny?}

The Midas (or writer's if you like) touch

Swiss Patent Office (where Einstein worked)

Definitely the best would be the OMO one methinks. Then the chips, fries, crisps one would be my best two but they might even spar some better ideas (most likely :lol:)

paulquinn49

Bench
haha how random are the names TiTTieS, funny as. Simply slick seems pretty cool.

Also rate Valiant's suggestion.

Hey Nick, I PM'ed DIG at rleague a few days back. Game on imo, I doubt he will be doing Forum 7's anyway but worth a shot.

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]

Juniors
Because it is a team thing and we are all supposed to be co-captain, maybe we should all put forward our best name and then have a vote on it. Maybe even put forward 2 names but I think that anymore would be too many. What do we all think?

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]

Juniors
What about Illiteratti Ink. Bit of a play on words there with Ink being a publishing sort of thing and inc (a homophone of ink) being inclusive which is what our side is aiming to be.

paulquinn49

Bench
Intellektually abled would be cool

Yeah I'm liking that idea man. We all sumbit 2 names for the side and we go from there.

greeneyed

First Grade
I just hope that if this bid fails, that all the Raiders fans join back to the Raiders F7s team that were minor premiers this year and controversially lost the Grand Final. I think a united Raiders team is our best shot at the premiership, myself, and I hope we can bring it back to The Greenhouse in season 2006.

But good luck to you all in this bid for a new team. Who knows... maybe the new team can bring the cup back to the GH. :)

greeneyed said:
I just hope that if this bid fails, that all the Raiders fans join back to the Raiders F7s team that were minor premiers this year and controversially lost the Grand Final. I think a united Raiders team is our best shot at the premiership, myself, and I hope we can bring it back to The Greenhouse in season 2006.

But good luck to you all in this bid for a new team. Who knows... maybe the new team can bring the cup back to the GH. :)

Last time I checked, it was the Raiders forum 7's team, not the GH Forum 7's team.

Don't start that again GE.

And I hope they make it as their own team, would be a more competitive competition imo.

paulquinn49

Bench
Division in the Raiders/GH team ay :lol:

Hey IBG... If things werent to work out with the Raiders you know you could come across to our side :cool:

Raider_69

Post Whore
paulquinn49 said:
Division in the Raiders/GH team ay :lol:

Hey IBG... If things werent to work out with the Raiders you know you could come across to our side :cool:

no division mate
just GE trying to be controversial and stirring some sh*t, the cheeky bugger :p :lol: