What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The player you most want to see step up a level this year?

Stake Removed

First Grade
The problem T-Rex had at Dogs he was playing 55 minutes per game, thats not what you want from him i say 30- 40 minutes, and we have the pack where he can do that

shaggs

Coach
The problem T-Rex had at Dogs he was playing 55 minutes per game, thats not what you want from him i say 30- 40 minutes, and we have the pack where he can do that
The problem t-Rex had at the dogs was that he sucked. What sort of athlete can't put together a decent 30-40 mins?? The sort of athlete who has no heart and won't rip in.

When he came off the bench after being dropped he should have destroyed tires defences. Did he?? NO. He plodded along, made some half hearted runs and flopped on some guys as the third man in.

For a human with his physique and athletic abilities, he is simply useless. I don't want to see him play first grade. And if he does, he has ten minutes to prove me wrong.

Our worst signing of the past 5 years.

Quigs

Immortal
He (T Wreck) is / was a bloody international rugby league player. It the big slob can't play for 55 minutes then he shouldn't be paid or fed.

The blokes a log.

Card Shark

Immortal
He has no heart & no honour.

Takes the cash but doesn't repay with effort or committment.

However, I'm willing to give him some games to come good. Flanno will see to that.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
I don't see how Taga and She-Rex can both possibly play in the same 17. Both low minute impact players. Especially considering we wont have an 80 minute hooker this year. Looking to both Capewell and Nu to really up the ante given more game time this year.

ghoti

Bench
I'll hold off on slamming the rex until he has a couple games...New environment, smallish contract and being last in line might do him some good.

Always funny reading people's hatred of a new signing (I've been one of them plenty off times). Remember the amount of shit Prior got when we announced him? He's a goddamned legend now!

Card Shark

Immortal
I would've bagged out prior when we signed him, I know I did in his first year.

Flanno has made him a prop to be reckoned with, I'm hoping he could do the same with T/Rex.

Has to dig deep to find that heart though....

Quigs

Immortal
Prior took what, three years to become a legend. His legend is his ability to smash kents. His Rep honours are NSW Country.

Wrecks has played for three other clubs before us. He has played for NSW. He has played for Australia and Tonga for gawds sake. He has 164 first grade games under his belt.

He is 28 years old and he should already be a legend but instead he is a boxheaded log.

The bloke is big enough to hold two bulls out to piss.

I want more than one 20minute great spell per every 4 games.

Arnold

Juniors
Ya right Quigs. Even if he did nothing but ran hard and straight Marty Lang style he'd be offering more.

Inferno

Coach
I reckon T rex should be told that he can choose between a destructive 20mins in first grade or 80 mins playing front row in reserve grade.

Perhaps that will motivate him.

Quigs

Immortal
Thats the whole bloody point with this big log. He is that experienced, that f**kin big, he can be anything he wants soooooo why should he be told he has to do this or that.

The big unit should have sparks coming out of his arse instead of being prodded and pointed around a bloody footy field.

carinashark

First Grade
I would like to see our management of injuries and player care step up at least two levels . I kno w they do thei r job but it has to be better thought out. Mental as well as physical. We could go back to back with this extra input. We don't want a repeat of Chad's late season problems. Flanno is a excellent man manager ,now build on that.

Card Shark

Immortal
Carina, I don't think it could've got any better than last year.

Was that good luck or good management?

More the latter I think.

Don Tweddle

Juniors
The last time T-Rex played well for any length of time was 2012, when he was off contract at Manly. As others have said, Flanno has earned the right to take on a couple of these reclamation projects but wow this is a long shot.

carinashark

First Grade
Yes CardShark it was our best year for a long while. I'm concerned mainly about mental preparation. We still have a very young side and it will stay that way for few more seasons. I would like to see a sports psychologist to work with the team in a way that would improve confidence in the individual player. Over the whole season.Ok I don't think Carney could have turned it around but maybe just maybe .

Latest posts