What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

THE REF SUCKED....GOODBYE GIRDS & LANG

PanthersChik

Juniors
atomic_crimson said:
once again a team loses and every one blames the ref...
Yeh I am blaming the ref, because I feel the game would have been alot closer if some of the calls was fair. realise that we lost, and I realise that we played a bit slopply at times, but there were so many calls that should have gone our way and didnt. I HOPE that he doesnt ref the grand final.

*Sandy*

First Grade
Well done to the doggies. And good luck to you all next week.

With regard to the reffing - Yeah sure it happens and I'm sure the doggie fans could pick up discrepancies with him on their play. But I'm certainly not going to blame a ref on our loss.

In my opinion I thought our boys gave it all. They did let their frustrations take over in the end. To me with the magnificent season last year and the ability to be where they have got this season, I am very proud of them.

We have a great young bunch of blokes who now know how to handle every situation that may arise. Injuries, loss of players due to rep duties and how to play against teams playing up against defending premiers. I truly believe that we have a team that will be in the Top 4 for many seasons to come and hoping that most will be finished in the No.1 spot.

In regard to the bulldog fans - I had no problems with anyone apart from one of our own in our own colours whose own ego has gotten way beyond any consideration to his own teams fans. Dissapointing, very disappointing and made mine, my deaf friend Catherines and mightypanthers night a miserable one right from the start.

The part I love of victory is hearing the chants all the way home. Proud supporters belting out their teams name jubiliation. That's all I heard all the way home and the beating of those bongo drums. Obviously I would have been more joyed with hearing the panthers name but it was the doggies name. Good onya's and once again Good luck for next week.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Anybody who thinks the refereeing this weekend was acceptable are kidding themselves.& obviously have no idea of the closeness of the teams.

Refereeing decided both outcomes.

Basic rules of the game of rugby league were not adjudicated on Sat Night & just plain mistakes ruined the match today.

Diving is against the spirit of the game. But the Dogs dont care about that, they will use any corrupt or cheating method to try & win the Gf.
Forget about sin bin, Patten & El Masri should be thrown out of the game.

3 tries to 2 today. 1 penalty to the Cowboys in kicking range. 4 to the roosters. Not saying that Cowboys should not have been penalised but the Rorters should have been penalised too.

What about Fitzgibbons 50 tackles? Doesnt man something? I think it does. I am positive it means that Fitzgibbons is the flop king. Both standing flop & flop flop.

The Referees are a disaster. Something needs to be done.
Thank the stars that these 2 clowns will preside over the non event grand final of the decade.

*Sandy*

First Grade
B_reefy. Just because a few of us *choose* not to serve it up about the refereeing doesnt give you the right to tell us we have no idea. Whether we have an idea or not of how a game of footy is played - what can a mere supporter do? How will our grievances written on this very forum help referreeing today?

kaza_79

Juniors
Hear Hear PK, We can't change it, Whinging just makes us sound like Rooster supporters after last years GF.

Lets just look forward to next season.

Kiwipanther

Juniors
Even though the ref was poor. We were beaten by injurys in the end, we just ran out of troops. Having Ross, Pritchard, Lewis, Swain and Wrigley availible it would have been a different story.

Was sad to see Lucy on tv crying after the game, an emotion shared by all. Yeah we will miss Girds.
:(

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
PK said:
B_reefy. Just because a few of us *choose* not to serve it up about the refereeing doesnt give you the right to tell us we have no idea.
I didnt say that.
I said that if don't think that referee decided the outcome, you dont understand the closeness of the teams.
Minor refereeing mistakes & interpretations can greatly influence a game.
Mander in his policy ofnot policing the Dogs diving tactics & their standing beside the play the ball & not square stifled the Penrith running game.
So much so that Penrith needed the troops in the end that they didnt have.
Penrith played poorly at times, got over refereed whilst the dogs got under refereed.
That is the tale of that match.

*Sandy*

First Grade
Ok then I will rephrase myself. Just because a few of us choose not to go down the path of pulling apart a game that eliminated one team and put another into the Grand Final doesn't mean that we don't understand that refereeing can influence the outcome of a game.

Been there, done that plenty of times. But again what can you do about it.

I choose to move on so trying to change my view on it won't work and I believe you are by the way you are directing your comment at me because I chose to write that I am not going down the blame path on the refereeing. I don't want to do that because if it was reversed I wouldnt want to be coming in and reading a bunch of posts how the ref won us the game and put us into a Grand Final. It's as simple as that. You can disect it all you like, but you won't get it from me.

choc_soldier

Coach
girdsandmarty1.JPG

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
PK said:
. But again what can you do about it.
You can voice your opinion based on the facts.
The complaints against the refereeing this weekend have reached record levels. The NRL can run & hide or they can be pressured into fixing the debacle that is the current crop of referees.
If everybody chose your path, then teh NRL would be happy with the status quo, & the clubs with the most power & influence would continue to bend & break the rules.

Bill Harrigan is a consultant for the Sydney Roosters.

Caged Panther

First Grade
I don't want to blame the referee, though I was hardly impressed with his performance.

The thing that does irk me about refs though is that they are a protected spiecies. No one within the game is allowed to comment on them. To me that is wrong for no other reason then in my experience people learn and are motivated alot more by a bit of constructive criticism then they do by being insulated from the truth. And despite what the NRL would say about what goes on with refs behind their doors to the fans it appears they are insulated.

*Sandy*

First Grade
For those with Sports Ears and for those who know all the rules of referreeing, have a solid ground to complain on. If the NRL cannot see the same discrepancies that fans can then I can't see them changing anything. If the Referee Association cannot see the same discrepancies as the fans and/or the NRL, I can't see any change. It's like CP says, it seems they are protected species and it may well be the fans and their aggressive treatments over the years that have brought about this negatitivity towards genuine consructive criticism from a fans point of view.

Maybe a suggestion is, if they already don't have one in place, is set a side a panel of a selected group who scrutinise every action of a referee. The group to be made up of ex-referees, ex-coaches, ex-players and maybe some fans who thrive on scrutinising their every action of every game. The referee in question is then sat down and taken through every second of the game and pointed out his wrong calls. But then maybe it would be easier just to have 2 refs on the ground at once - but then who has the last call if they are locked at 2 different decisions. I don't know - there is so much going on it's hard to work out what is the right way and what is the wrong way and who is right and who is wrong and above all keeping the negativity away from refereeing as to not deter the younger generation of becoming a referee.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
That may be a good idea.
However I put forward the following idea.

That the referees be broken into 8 groups or teams.
The captain of the team should be the video ref. Each week, 1 team member should rotate, probably a linesman.
they should train together and analyse the other teams games & give reports & gradings on the performance.
They should be aware of any teams(clubs) efforts in circumnavigating the rules whether it be standing beside the play the ball, having the winger centres stand offside, submitting in tackles etc & they should issue warning pre-game to offending clubs. Public warnings.

Also, my biggest problem with referees & officialdom.

All conflicts of interest should be eliminated.
Every person in the admin of the game has to make their bias known. Whether it is a traditional bias( I have gone for the Sharks forever) or a current bias( I am now a consultant for the Roosters).
Also anti bias should be established. Everybody has them. It is human nature.
Those people then can never ever have any officiating capacity if those bias's are involved.

It makes sense.

*Sandy*

First Grade
There's got to be something that's better than the system they have in place now. That's for sure. Now back to the real world ... :D

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
More inconsistency.
Besides the fact that the dogs twice held players down in attacking positions, in non-dominant tackles, for longer periods than wessers and still did not get binned, here is this from the other game;
smh said:
According to his report of incidents reviewed from last weekend, McCallum believed the sin-binning of Morley, Hodges and Bowen might have been appropriate after what began as a "push and shove" between Nathan Fien and Brad Fittler exploded when other players - led by Ricketson - became involved
That would have had the Wrasslers 12 against 11. Surely that would have been good for 2 tries?
No thats right, you hang on for .4 seconds too long, your are gone for 10 minutes or 12 points. But start a brawl, king hit a guy, throw punches you just run off your half back who just esacaped a grade 3 dangerous throw charge instead.

Our game is fugged!

Caged Panther

First Grade
And now there talking about bringing the 5 min sin bin back, something they did away with 15 odd years ago. Do we want to go foward or backwards??

For mine in the context of what goes on in the modern game ie the propesity to report players as oppossed to sending them off for certain incidents the 10 min sin bin is a dinosaur.

Latest posts