What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

RedVee

First Grade
and your answer was?
Nah, I doubt it

I suspected that Trent Barrett may be in the frame long term at Parra hence why Zac may have gone there. Or was probably touted as Brad Arthurs replacement if he fails. Both Brett and Zac are Temora boys. I have a feeling Mary may be joining them. If that is the case Zac will be stoked.

If Baz gets Parra up to close to the 8 which is a good chance when Moses returns then, they may extend him a few years. Whether Baz is a good coach we will find out. 3rd and final chance I feel.
More to the point, don’t both Trent and Zac live at Shell Cove? Shellharbour?

Maybe Trent promised to drive Zac to and from training :)

BLM01

First Grade
Jeremy Marshall-King will end up at the Tigers. Pretty straight forward one that will be seeing his brother is the head coach. Api is due to retire in a couple of years or so which is perfect timing.

Saints fans should not get their hopes up for that one that is for sure as it is a case of the Manager using Saints to get his price up for the Tigers to match.
His brother? Try cousin and he won’t end up there

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
Great price for 20 hectare property. In that neck of the woods

Looks like it was off market

Good tax offset with the depreciation of the but farm (l mean macadamia nut farm)

and only 1hr to CBUS Stadium on the Gold Coast

nutrionist heaven the great Byron bay Bangalow.

Hasler needs Hunt so badly at no7…..otherwise he ain’t got a job next year

or it was Nicky baby type deal to say thank you

hmmmm

Last edited:

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
It’s seems to be common knowledge in the media we have tried and maybe twice tried to get Josh Addo Carr across from the Dogs

I believe he is contracted for 2025 - somewhere just over $500k pa but rumours are he may have a PO for 2025?

do u think we are chance to make this happen for 2025?

Rumoured also was a player swap - Lawrie for JAC

For me JAC would really give us another level in attack and especially with loosing Lomax for 2025.

BLM01

First Grade
It’s seems to be common knowledge in the media we have tried and maybe twice tried to get Josh Addo Carr across from the Dogs

I believe he is contracted for 2025 - somewhere just over $500k pa but rumours are he may have a PO for 2025?

do u think we are chance to make this happen for 2025?

Rumoured also was a player swap - Lawrie for JAC

For me JAC would really give us another level in attack and especially with loosing Lomax for 2025.
More importantly why don’t the Dogs want the fox? What don’t we know although I remember when he signed it is insinuated money was closer to fullback money as they thought he may transition like everyone wants to for the big bucks
Could be manager speak but I reckon he is taking more than 500 in their cap

hewi

Bench
MORE FRONT THAN DAVID JONES

‘I haven’t lost the passion’: McGregor puts hand up, Hannay’s agent set for Eels talks​

Adam Pengilly

By Adam Pengilly

May 22, 2024 — 7.36pm

Paul McGregor, who helped Brad Arthur guide Parramatta to a historic grand final appearance less than two years ago, has emerged as the first coach to publicly declare his interest in the vacant job.
With Parramatta officials due to meet the management of Sharks assistant Josh Hannay on Thursday, former Dragons boss McGregor has confirmed he would be interested in returning to the Eels, ending a four-year head coaching exile.
McGregor’s pitch is fascinating: he was a consultant to Arthur during their fairytale run to the 2022 grand final, sitting alongside the Eels mentor in the coaching box when Penrith swept to their second straight title.
But after the defeat, McGregor didn’t renew his position at the club and the Eels missed the finals altogether last year, and have spluttered through the first half of this season, leading to Arthur’s sacking on Monday.

“I haven’t lost the passion for coaching and if the club is interested, I’d be happy to speak to them,” McGregor said.
McGregor already has existing relationships with senior members of the Eels squad, including Clint Gutherson, Junior Paulo and Mitchell Moses, and has kept his hand in the game as Brad Fittler’s deputy with NSW in State of Origin.
Former Dragons head coach and ex-Eels consultant Paul McGregor (left) with Brad Arthur.

Former Dragons head coach and ex-Eels consultant Paul McGregor (left) with Brad Arthur.CREDIT: NRL IMAGERY
McGregor spent more than six years at the Dragons but hasn’t thrown his hat into the ring for various other roles since, instead waiting for the right opportunity.
The Eels will step up their search for a new coach on Thursday when they meet veteran agent Chris Orr, who manages one of the leading candidates for the role in Hannay.

Latest posts