What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

BLM01

First Grade
He is exactly the sort of young player we should be taking a chance on, size, speed, physical. In fact we should have a production line of these young players, moving them in and out of the squad and only keeping the very few who are going to be more than just good first graders.

Sometimes there is too much sentiment around our juniors, as a club we need to be brutally honest about their potential and act decisively when they are showing they are not capable of progressing to the top echelon of first graders.
I agree not every (in fact) small minority of seemingly good young kids / talent make it ..but if the Dragons can not identify, nurture and develop talent from the huge pool of the St George district, Illawarra and South Coast into the Southern Highlands then their pathways and development need a rocket and overhaul. There is enough there to feather our own nest in to the future without signing reserves from outside..who also may not make it.

Carlton

Juniors
I agree not every (in fact) small minority of seemingly good young kids / talent make it ..but if the Dragons can not identify, nurture and develop talent from the huge pool of the St George district, Illawarra and South Coast into the Southern Highlands then their pathways and development need a rocket and overhaul. There is enough there to feather our own nest in to the future without signing reserves from outside..who also may not make it.

That is spot on in theory but, every club is also looking at our juniors and buying them. The other issue is selecting those juniors that have progressed and are starting to show the right physical attributes and playing potential.

In the 2018 NSW and QLD U18s team we had two representatives, Roosters had three, Penrith had four and newcastle had five. This does not even account for Titans, Broncos, Warriors and Storm who have an almost never ending stream of juniors to choose from.

We have some good juniors but its a numbers game, churn through those that show promise physically and select the very few that will make it, move the ones that aren't going to make it earlier rather than later, then restock.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Thought I would share this with you guys and this is from a credible poster on JA so not my rumour.

We are in talks with a high-profile player for next year.
Two contracted players are being looked to move on 1 will shock most of us.

No other details other than that.

Edit: same poster also confirms the Ravalawa and Pearson signings

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
Thought I would share this with you guys and this is from a credible poster on JA so not my rumour.

The old rumour.
Why would the poster not say if he knows. Just like the "Telegraphs" Whats the Buzz..where they leave you hanging
If true for fun... I will have a guess on the rumour. Likely way off the mark with the player coming but here it goes

High profile player - Dylan Walker
Offloaded Players - Aitken & McDonald

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
The old rumour.
Why would the poster not say if he knows. Just like the "Telegraphs" Whats the Buzz..where they leave you hanging
If true for fun... I will have a guess on the rumour. Likely way off the mark with the player coming but here it goes

High profile player - Dylan Walker
Offloaded Players - Aitken & McDonald

The question here is whether the two players you’ve mentioned are “shock” value?

I doubt it.

For an unknown reason (feel it in my bones), I’ve got a weird feeling that Vaughan is the one under the spotlight.

The high profile player Saints are allegedly negotiating with is Corey Oates.

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
The question here is whether the two players you’ve mentioned are “shock” value?

I doubt it.

For an unknown reason (feel it in my bones), I’ve got a weird feeling that Vaughan is the one under the spotlight.

The high profile player Saints are allegedly negotiating with is Corey Oates.
Well Oates is old news as are many other clubs he is negotiating with
Aitken would be a shock (he said 1 only would be a shock) because everyone's belief on here is that he is a Mary favourite that keeps getting picked and is and does and there has been no hint of it before.
Not saying it is not warranted but would be a shock if St George shipped him out as with Lafai seemed to be permanent fixtures at the Dragons under Mary.
Vaughan... no way that would not be just a shock, more mutiny in the ranks

Last edited:

ALSGI

Bench

Edit: same poster also confirms the Ravalawa and Pearson signings

Thanks DS, I saw this on JA too and it’s interesting. Your quote just missed a vital part of the OP though: here’s the copied version.

One of the biggest names in the NRL is in Saints sights for next year. 2 regulars that are still contracted may be moved on, one that will shock most. It is an admission that we have weaknesses in our roster that need to be addressed if we are to be challengers for the title.

I don’t know how credible he is, but credible posters say he is. The OP has also said not Hunt.

Red V for life

Juniors
One of the biggest names, hey?

Valentine Holmes and Shaun Johnson spring to mind. Both have a year left on their contract and one is reportedly unhappy while the other could do with a change of scenery.

I think Mann or Aitken would be one. However, shock value for mine would be Widdop.

qld redvee

Juniors
very interesting .like the point " weaknesses in our roster" yet this rosters has marys fingerprints all over it now shopping 2 players - 1 will be a shock ?
we all agree that our backs need updating. I cant see Vaughan being asked to go as this depletes our stocks Agree that aitkin could be the one with lomax dropping into his spot.
what about mcinness - that would be a shock with robson to cover
nene muat be 1 of the players espexially with the 1 wingers reprtedly just signed
Big player we are after could be anybody i would be happy with another good prop

Latest posts