What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Dragon David

First Grade
Illawarra Mercury reporting that Sullivan has withdrawn his release request. Some positive news. Would be interested to see if Ryan Webb had a hand in this one too. Been seeing a lot of positive comments on him lately.

I did say in a post that Sloan, Sullivan and Amone have been mates from school days and they have always wanted to play first grade full-time together one day. Hopefully now that Sullivan has withdrawn his request to leave, the trio will play plenty of games together next year. Train hard boys and stay strong. I sort of thought that once Sloan withdrew that Sullivan would follow.

Dragsters

First Grade
Illawarra Mercury reporting that Sullivan has withdrawn his release request. Some positive news. Would be interested to see if Ryan Webb had a hand in this one too. Been seeing a lot of positive comments on him lately.

This is great news.

Bud had a meeting with Webb this week

I wonder if the coach position was discussed?

SEAT 1A

Bench
It doesn't look like Ben Creagh is going onto the SGI BOD with all guns blazing. "Everything is fine".

Excellent news and it seems there are some positive changes for the club.

They can't go in with all guns blazing however, it's what we need now for an understanding of the playing group and football department.

slippery5

Juniors

I did say in a post that Sloan, Sullivan and Amone have been mates from school days and they have always wanted to play first grade full-time together one day. Hopefully now that Sullivan has withdrawn his request to leave, the trio will play plenty of games together next year. Train hard boys and stay strong. I sort of thought that once Sloan withdrew that Sullivan would follow.
I'm hoping there has been some sweet whispers blown in their ears????

The Word

Juniors
Two great bits of news. I've met Ben Creagh and he came across as an intelligent and thoughtful man. Hopefully he will bring some energy to the Board. We need a proper analysis of the pathways system in comparison to Penrith to see what we can do to emulate the fantastic things they've done over the last 5 to 10 years, perhaps Ben could be asked to focus on this and report through to Webb with recommendations.

Very pleased to hear about Sullivan changing his mind. Well done Webb for staying calm in the face of a horrific media beat up and getting the result the fans wanted. I think he should be our utility bench player for the start of the season in place of Mbye. Moses hasn't done anything wrong, but Sullivan needs experience. This could be the first step in giving him more first team pitch time, with the coach able to bring him on when the opportunity arises.

BLM01

First Grade
Great blokes we all agree...but do they have the business, management, financial, networking and organisational skills required to get the place moving..I don't think so and that has been our problem for years.
Cant really speak for Flo as seemed to go straight into the coffee / cafe business at Kogarah? straight after playing but Ben Creagh with uni degrees and certainly has with his insurance and financial consulting business in Fairy Meadow. Locals speak highly of him who aint Dragons supporters who have used his services.
Not saying they will be successful but apart from part owner of a hotel (Cabbage Tree) what did Craig Young have in all those criteria above.
I think Creagh is qualified in many of those + understands rugby league where some of the BOD seem to no little