What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

maestro1

Bench
Well I watched 360 like a few here. Anasta thinks he's a genius but he is a egotistical dumbass.

Whilst arguing with the resident drunk on the Chooks cap, he declares that he stayed on at the Chooks when he was offered more money to go elsewhere. He also said he never received any third party deals.

All good so far. He then carries on and admits it was the " connections ", and the good ole "mentorship ", that Politis offered that made him stay. Not any love for Club. Not prospect of winning.

It's money. He even said they speak every two weeks or so.

He didn't need 3rd party deals. He has milked the system, ( probably by the definition of our laws, legally ), by having these perks. I cannot stand his arrorance.

Oh by the way, please ask Kent not to try and outdo the great late Richie Benaud with his wardrobe ?
His job on NRL 360 is probably due to these "connections"

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Like others I reckon Flanno has the Lomax situation under control.

When Griffin changed Lomax position - Head down, Played like shit and missed soooo many conversions.

Flanno does it, which still pisses off Lomax, but he plays out of his skin and impresses the entire rugby league world.

Chalk and Cheese - Now pass me a cracker!
disagree; missed a lot of those conversations prior to being dropped. I actually think he had a strong second half of the year after being dropped.

since77

Juniors
I use to watch every 360 show but do not watch it at all now. Anasta is a goose continually bringing up his failed career. As for the rest of the Daily Telegraph panel including the drunk I have no interest in what they have to say & generally they are wrong with all their so called scoops. Don’t start me on the bald bloke.
Kent's rant tonight about the 8 week sentence for the racist remark by Leniu made me want to literally vomit while wanting to punch him in the face at the same time. Decided tonight I just can't watch their crap anymore.
I'd be curious to see their ratings by the end of the year - the show is on such a downward slide.

jak

Bench
Kent's rant tonight about the 8 week sentence for the racist remark by Leniu made me want to literally vomit while wanting to punch him in the face at the same time. Decided tonight I just can't watch their crap anymore.
I'd be curious to see their ratings by the end of the year - the show is on such a downward slide.
was it ever a good show?

maybe; still had an effect.
I'm not the most gifted 'word' smith. I love Lomax and don't want him to leave so I'm sorry you seemed to think I was bagging him. He will get his opportunity at center as I don't believe Bird's body will hold up to the rigors of week-to-week NRL especially considering his rheumatoid arthritis and previous injuries. Till then, Bird at center is proving to be a massive positive for the team dynamic, as is Lomax at wing.

The intent of my original post was to highlight the difference in the management styles of Griffin, compared to Flanno. Same circumstances but extremely differing results.

I am a firm believer that Man Management is the difference between a great coach and an average coach. In fact. I'd go as far as to say that we are not lacking players of FG quality to facilitate new teams, but lacking quality coaches that can convert fringe players to FG standard. Flanno is one such coach and we are lucky to have him.

So, I am not worried about the Lomax situation because Flanno is in control. Come Nov 1, I reckon that Lomax will be as happy as a pig-in-mud to remain a Dragon under Flanno.

I bet he will even publicly credit Flanno for his additional skills and excellent form.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
I'm not the most gifted 'word' smith. I love Lomax and don't want him to leave so I'm sorry you seemed to think I was bagging him. He will get his opportunity at center as I don't believe Bird's body will hold up to the rigors of week-to-week NRL especially considering his rheumatoid arthritis and previous injuries. Till then, Bird at center is proving to be a massive positive for the team dynamic, as is Lomax at wing.

The intent of my original post was to highlight the difference in the management styles of Griffin, compared to Flanno. Same circumstances but extremely differing results.

I am a firm believer that Man Management is the difference between a great coach and an average coach. In fact. I'd go as far as to say that we are not lacking players of FG quality to facilitate new teams, but lacking quality coaches that can convert fringe players to FG standard. Flanno is one such coach and we are lucky to have him.

So, I am not worried about the Lomax situation because Flanno is in control. Come Nov 1, I reckon that Lomax will be as happy as a pig-in-mud to remain a Dragon under Flanno.

I bet he will even publicly credit Flanno for his additional skills and excellent form.
Agree with everything so say about Lomax and your philosophy around coaching.I didn’t think for one minute you were bagging him! What i’m not sure is the black and white cause effect in juxtaposing the coaches manner and his form.
Unless you were in the room and privy to the discussion leading up to his dropping last year, how would you or anyone know? Every man and his dog knew early in the year Saints and Hook were parting. My point is that Lomax form turned around after he was dropped! Nothing to do with bagging ……

He’s not the first player in Rugby League history to be dropped and come back stronger. How it was/or is being handled behind the scenes though is pure speculation and assumption imo.

Agree with everything so say about Lomax and your philosophy around coaching.I didn’t think for one minute you were bagging him! What i’m not sure is the black and white cause effect in juxtaposing the coaches manner and his form.
Unless you were in the room and privy to the discussion leading up to his dropping last year, how would you or anyone know? Every man and his dog knew early in the year Saints and Hook were parting. My point is that Lomax form turned around after he was dropped! Nothing to do with bagging ……

He’s not the first player in Rugby League history to be dropped and come back stronger. How it was/or is being handled behind the scenes though is pure speculation and assumption imo.
Speculation & Assumption - very true, as are the majority of posts LOL
I just like a PRO Saints attitude.
So much healthier than the past couple of years of doom & gloom

TheRev

First Grade
I am a firm believer that Man Management is the difference between a great coach and an average coach.
This is the big thing.. when they talk to Gallen and Graham and co about what makes Flanno different, they say its that players want to play for him... he's the hardest working bloke, first in last out etc.. but its more than that... hes a father figure.. he makes you want to be better.

I had a manager like that many years ago, he really had the project team feeling like a family, and everyone worked their asses off to be the best teammate they could.. its those human skills which you cant fake, you cant teach.. it doesn't matter what business you're in.. its priceless.. but I cant think of a better job to have it.. trying to coach men to be disciplined with their eating, lifestyle, fitness 24/7, getting them to run into car crashes for 80 minutes in the most competitive league in the world... this is no 9-5 job..

Part of that human skill though, is I think the ability to listen, and I think thats something Hook was completely useless at.. like completely.. if you cant have tough conversations, let along get a positive result out of difficult situations.. you have no place in coaching.. you might get away with it for a while if you are a Broncos or a Panthers with an infinite supply of gun juniors.. but you are never going to get the best out of any player or staff-member.

hewi

Bench
Fox League from Fox Sports
March 13th, 2024 10:01 am
Dragons enforcer Francis Molo is reportedly being targeted be three rival clubs as he firms as one of the NRL’s biggest recruitment plays for the 2025 season.
Molo’s current contract runs out at the end of the 2024 season and he’s yet to sign a new deal to remain under Shane Flanagan.
According to WWOS, the Warriors could be one of his potential suitors as they look to sure up their prop stocks with Addin Fonua-Blake departing for the Sharks.

There is plenty of interest but we are in no hurry,” Molo’s manager Wade Rushton said.
“The Dragons want to keep him but there is also outside interest - we will let him get a few games under his belt and then see where things stand.”
Molo is reportedly earning around $600,000 per-season after signing his three-year contract ahead of the 2022 season.
He started under Flanagan in the Dragons’ Round 1 win over the Titans and has also been named in the front row ahead of Round 2.
Molo has previously played two games for Queensland at Origin level.

Parko1310

Juniors
Dragons enforcer Francis Molo is reportedly being targeted be three rival clubs as he firms as one of the NRL’s biggest recruitment plays for the 2025 season.
Molo’s current contract runs out at the end of the 2024 season and he’s yet to sign a new deal to remain under Shane Flanagan.
According to WWOS, the Warriors could be one of his potential suitors as they look to sure up their prop stocks with Addin Fonua-Blake departing for the Sharks.

There is plenty of interest but we are in no hurry,” Molo’s manager Wade Rushton said.
“The Dragons want to keep him but there is also outside interest - we will let him get a few games under his belt and then see where things stand.”
Molo is reportedly earning around $600,000 per-season after signing his three-year contract ahead of the 2022 season.
He started under Flanagan in the Dragons’ Round 1 win over the Titans and has also been named in the front row ahead of Round 2.
100% keep for me. One of our only real impact middles. Fifita might be the other, but is only young and getting eased into the NRL. Hopefully he stays. I would also consider making a play for Stefano at the Tigers. If they miss the finals which is near certain, it activates an option for him to leave. Publicly he said a few months ago he was "all in", but if that was true, why have that clause in the contract? His opinion about being all in may well change after a full season under Benji who has zero qualification being a coach

Illusion

Bench

All of a sudden he has had one good game and everyone wants to sign him .......

Dragon David

First Grade
All of a sudden he has had one good game and everyone wants to sign him .......
Managers have got to do some work and usually when a players' contract is coming to an end they get off their backsides and start ringing around and making up stories that their clients are wanted so badly by a few clubs, it is part of their initial negotiations tactics I think.

I think that Frank Molo has more improvement in him (I'd like to see him doing more off loads like he did quite a bit at the Cowboys before joining us) and he is worth re-signing.

TheRev

First Grade
I mentioned this is another post, what does 2025 look like if we dont retain our free agents in Su'a, FMolo and (to a lesser extent) MMolo.. none of the young ones can replace that calibre of 1st grader..

Its interesting.. hopefully we can wrap Frank up, I dont know where were gonna find another 1st grade middle from..

Latest posts