What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Lennyb

Juniors
Apologise for the rant lastnight.

But when we are talking about who is coming and going staff wise, it fires me up.

Higher ups have treated the club and fans as there thing and have used and abused the positions they hold.

Nothing will change until these ancient self serving farks are gone.

Damn, im firing up again, sorry.

Trifili13

Juniors
I don’t know that we will ever land with a draft and trade system. Of more concern to me is the appearance of under playing for players. How some teams can afford all their players, or some new players to fit under their cap remains questionable. 3rd party deals are sus [do you want shares in a Bulldogs pub or Roosters real estate?] I understand the argument of better teams pay less because players want to win a comp, and poorer teams have to pay over to attract players, and it is because of this that there is the inequality and imbalance in player/team quality. The salary cap was meant to level the field so that anyone could be winning comps and the top 8 would have regular changes, but it hasn’t happened. Yes, there are some coaches who can take average players and get them to play above their value - Bellamy is one, although he is a convicted cap cheat.
Rather than focus on when or how deals are done, I feel that more should be disclosed around teams cap and player signing values.
Stand to be corrected but I think the salary cap was bought in to stop clubs over spending and going broke with a side effect of spreading the playing talent. Unfortunately it now just means top teams are able to pay 'unders' while lower ranked teams pay 'overs', thus giving the top teams a big advantage when recruiting players. Given all clubs have the same salary cap, you just have to look at the spread of talent to see it is not working.

Stand to be corrected but I think the salary cap was bought in to stop clubs over spending and going broke with a side effect of spreading the playing talent. Unfortunately it now just means top teams are able to pay 'unders' while lower ranked teams pay 'overs', thus giving the top teams a big advantage when recruiting players. Given all clubs have the same salary cap, you just have to look at the spread of talent to see it is not working.
Need a points based system with massive discount for developed players.

Dragon David

First Grade
Apologise for the rant lastnight.

But when we are talking about who is coming and going staff wise, it fires me up.

Higher ups have treated the club and fans as there thing and have used and abused the positions they hold.

Nothing will change until these ancient self serving farks are gone.

Damn, im firing up again, sorry.
Need a points based system with massive discount for developed players.
All this keeps rearing it's bloody head again and again and again. To me it all is pointless and I know it is great to get these things off ones chest and rant and rave about the unfairness and imbalance of those same clubs getting the cream but remain cap compliant and others the dregs but having to pay overs leaving pennies for others in the squad.

Sometimes I think that following league in these times is too frustrating. Each year regardless of who has been and is our coach since Bennett, there is that flicker of hope which is quickly snuffed out by the time it matters and our chances of playing finals gone. No matter what players we can get, we will always be battling to beat the top clubs.

The fall back with this dilemma is on the lack of foresight and planning by the Management of the club. The selection of poor coaches that indeed have not got the club consistently up the ladder is what the Board made when after Bennett there should have been a more experienced and premiership winning coach hired to keep the runs on the board and even improve it.

I am sorry for my rant. It is a real shame that the better clubs keep up the top while the others just keep their heads above water for what seems every year.

Are we suckers or what?

Lennyb

Juniors
I cancelled my membership after Bishop Young, tried to pull a swifty.

The club understood via email, which was a good sign.

However a bit of water has passed under the bridge since then. Which is frustrating.

Draginzaaar

Bench
Penrith seem to spread their talent around and still go ok. Maybe if clubs developed their players better.

Latest posts