What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Phantom V

Juniors

Dragon David

First Grade
What are we waiting for? We are not a top 4 side with plenty of options. Just get it done!
It beats me Phantom V and as you say, we do not have too many options. How long has it been? Every man and his dog has been wondering this - well a few people anyway. We have brought it up and discussed this issue on this Forum for quite some time and yet no deal has been struck. All our thoughts have been before the Bennett to Souths became the news and now that Su'A has been interviewed, I can sense that his manager is going to drag this on longer.

Coffs dragon

Bench
What are we waiting for? We are not a top 4 side with plenty of options. Just get it done!
Just remember the Dragon Way , these things take time.

Flanno takes it to Haran
Haran takes it to Webb
Webb takes it to the BOD
BOD make the decision on the $$$ worth
BOD instructs Millard to commence negotiations
Millard is unavailable due to illness & passes to Millward

In the meantime, Wayne makes one brief phone call to Jayden & tells him to hold off as I want you in MY next TEAM.

Parko1310

Juniors
I'd be interested in signing tesi niu, he's got some questions defensively but he's improving in that area. He can cover centre, wing & fb. Strike weapon with tons of potential & only 22yo so in the right age bracket for the development of our team. He's off contract this season so definitely gettable.
This would be akin to the signing of Lachlan Maranta. Please no

possm

Coach
I'd like to see Flanno given full control of recruitment with the only condition being that he needs to keep within the salary cap. Then judge him on win/loss performance. If he wants, Flanno can have Millard as a recruitment assistant and Webb to help with the figures.

Dragon David

First Grade
Yet Turuva becomes available and is signed within days by the Tigers because we put stupid contract clauses in. Our club is just dumb.
It is clear that out of the two merged clubs, the Tigers are way ahead of us in getting players to strengthen their team. Two marquees in Luai and Turuva (who is class) and we get bugger all and still can't get Su'A over the line. What useless recruitment we have just plain useless not only this year but way back.

Sometimes I just wonder if this club we follow is worth worrying about when the people in the Head Office don't appear to be all that concerned and think that a miracle will just happen and one great signing happens and they then think that they are the ants pants. One signing is so hard for them. We get NONE!!

I'm Hornby

Juniors
I'd like to see Flanno given full control of recruitment with the only condition being that he needs to keep within the salary cap. Then judge him on win/loss performance. If he wants, Flanno can have Millard as a recruitment assistant and Webb to help with the figures.
More fool Flanno for not stipulating this when he became head coach, Possm.

Ryles who hasn't coached a game of first grade, seemed to have his finger on the pulse of what powers the head coach of the dragons would need, where as of course fraud Flanno was just happy to get a job and BS his way to it all.

All the poor recruitment and retention ahead of us and before us since Flanno became coach, rest squarely on his shoulders for being an unprincipled fool when he took the position.

Mickov

Juniors
yep, all to do with the contract clauses and nothing to do with the fact he's first cousins with Api + wants to play with all the other panthers there
And that his fav team growing up was the tigers and his dad is still a mad tigers fan. it was the clauses the Dragons put in...

Phantom V

Juniors
More fool Flanno for not stipulating this when he became head coach, Possm.

Ryles who hasn't coached a game of first grade, seemed to have his finger on the pulse of what powers the head coach of the dragons would need, where as of course fraud Flanno was just happy to get a job and BS his way to it all.

All the poor recruitment and retention ahead of us and before us since Flanno became coach, rest squarely on his shoulders for being an unprincipled fool when he took the position.
Are you privy to the terms of Flanno’s contract? You know as much as any of us what was discussed when he signed on to take the job.
In regards to Ryles, I can’t blame him for not taking on the job as the club was in a rabble and it was too much of a risk to take on for a rookie coach.
Flannigan, like Ryles he knew very well what he was taking on but took the position anyway because he firmly believed he could turn the club around as he had done at the Sharks. Some might see this as a fools errand, others would say it’s commendable, time will tell.
In terms of recruitment, we were a sh$t show long before Flanno joined our ranks and maybe the debacle with Hunt wanting to leave and our dysfunctional BOD has more to do with it than any bias or incompetence from from our coach.

Dragon David

First Grade
Are you privy to the terms of Flanno’s contract? You know as much as any of us what was discussed when he signed on to take the job.
In regards to Ryles, I can’t blame him for not taking on the job as the club was in a rabble and it was too much of a risk to take on for a rookie coach.
Flannigan, like Ryles he knew very well what he was taking on but took the position anyway because he firmly believed he could turn the club around as he had done at the Sharks. Some might see this as a fools errand, others would say it’s commendable, time will tell.
In terms of recruitment, we were a sh$t show long before Flanno joined our ranks and maybe the debacle with Hunt wanting to leave and our dysfunctional BOD has more to do with it than any bias or incompetence from from our coach.
Well said Phantom V.

Ryles was about to take the job. He only declined when offered a better deal by Melbourne at the last moment. Flanno, unlike Ryles, had not been promised the Storm head coach job for 2025. Flanno had no other offers. That's why he took the job.

Mojo

Bench
I don't blame our situation on Flanno one bit. Hell I don't even blame our current squad. The farcical situation between the joint venture directors who apparently have no KPI's are the one's that need the scrutiny.
Yes. Top-down.
The significance of the personalities of the people at the top of any organisation can't be overstated. If you want to turn things around quickly it's best to start with the driver!

dungay dragon

Juniors
Ryles was about to take the job. He only declined when offered a better deal by Melbourne at the last moment. Flanno, unlike Ryles, had not been promised the Storm head coach job for 2025. Flanno had no other offers. That's why he took the job.
Has Belly Ache stepped down as Storm Coach for 25 ??
Read else where Ryles may yet again be left "out in the cold" with Bellamy continuing on
Was mentioned as a Smokey for a possible Eels gig , if Arthur gets the heave ho

I'm Hornby

Juniors
Understand you can't spell Flanagan, so I also can understand why you're seemingly incapable of putting two and two together, here's my best shot at it for you.

Ryles was in the box seat for our vacant coaching role last year, by all reports he wanted a 5 year contract, full control of recruitment and a GM of football to be appointed (among other things).
Ryles decided at the eleventh hour to join the storm, reportedly our BOD weren't keen on his stipulations (shock horror).

Flanagan (Not spelt Flannigan), gets the job on a 3 year contract and do you see any changes to personnel? We know the same duds are still running the club from the BOD and the middle management recruitment types. Not long after Dean Young comes back as an assistant and K Flanagan gets signed by his old man.

Seriously mate, how can you defend this fraud of a coach? Doesn't the above paint enough of a picture of what has transpired? Delusion fraudulent coach with dodgy past sells his story to get appointed meanwhile the rookie who knew how to fix the club (or at least had a fair idea) was shunned.
You state he knew full well what he was taking on, he did not. He fully underestimated the task at hand, he so arrogantly said in the off season we'll be pushing for finals this season, how is that going? He didn't even want to come over mid last year and start work early, get to know the squad etc.

As I've stated all the poor recruitment since Flanagan has arrived is on him and Su'a leaving will be on him as well. He's a fool and making steady progress to become one of, if not, the worst coach in JV history.