What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Phantom V

Juniors
I’m not even going to argue with your self serving twisted logic when it comes to the appointment of Flanagan as our coach ,did I spell it correctly this time sir? It’s plain for all to see you have an axe to grind in regards to our coach and for some reason you seem to take pleasure in spitting your poison in the direction of anyone who has an opinion that differs from yours. Perhaps in between drowning kittens and pulling the wings off flies you can watch a game or two and barrack for the team like the rest of us.

Phantom V

Juniors
Understand you can't spell Flanagan, so I also can understand why you're seemingly incapable of putting two and two together, here's my best shot at it for you.

Ryles was in the box seat for our vacant coaching role last year, by all reports he wanted a 5 year contract, full control of recruitment and a GM of football to be appointed (among other things).
Ryles decided at the eleventh hour to join the storm, reportedly our BOD weren't keen on his stipulations (shock horror).

Flanagan (Not spelt Flannigan), gets the job on a 3 year contract and do you see any changes to personnel? We know the same duds are still running the club from the BOD and the middle management recruitment types. Not long after Dean Young comes back as an assistant and K Flanagan gets signed by his old man.

Seriously mate, how can you defend this fraud of a coach? Doesn't the above paint enough of a picture of what has transpired? Delusion fraudulent coach with dodgy past sells his story to get appointed meanwhile the rookie who knew how to fix the club (or at least had a fair idea) was shunned.
You state he knew full well what he was taking on, he did not. He fully underestimated the task at hand, he so arrogantly said in the off season we'll be pushing for finals this season, how is that going? He didn't even want to come over mid last year and start work early, get to know the squad etc.

As I've stated all the poor recruitment since Flanagan has arrived is on him and Su'a leaving will be on him as well. He's a fool and making steady progress to become one of, if not, the worst coach in JV history.
I’m not even going to argue with your self serving twisted logic when it comes to the appointment of Flanagan as our coach ,did I spell it correctly this time sir? It’s plain for all to see you have an axe to grind in regards to our coach and for some reason you seem to take pleasure in spitting your poison in the direction of anyone who has an opinion that differs from yours. Perhaps in between drowning kittens and pulling the wings off flies you can watch a game or two and barrack for the team like the rest of us.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
It’s plain for all to see you have an axe to grind in regards to our coach and for some reason you seem to take pleasure in spitting your poison in the direction of anyone who has an opinion that differs from yours.
Well done on spelling the coach's name correctly.

Actually you're the one who quoted me and spat your pathetic apologist excuses in my direction, not the other way around.

You're welcome to keep enjoying your day and not quote my posts any time you like, it is a forum after all and we're all entitled to our opinions.

Enjoy your weekend and go the Dragons on Sunday.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
Sharkies me thinks would be a good club for Sua if he really wants to play finals like he said

AFB arriving 2025

they just lost a significant backrower to early retirement

but it is sounding like a pay cut for him to leave the Dragons

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
Hi @Phantom V . The best advice I have ever received on this forum was where to find the "Ignore" button!

since77

Juniors
Ryles was about to take the job. He only declined when offered a better deal by Melbourne at the last moment. Flanno, unlike Ryles, had not been promised the Storm head coach job for 2025. Flanno had no other offers. That's why he took the job.
If Ryles had got the job I'm 100% sure we'd be sitting here now with maybe 1 win on the board out of 8 games.
No way do we go into round 9 with 4 wins, 4 losses.
We dodged a huge bullet with Ryles.
Like it or not, Flanno was easily the best available coach on the market. Was only a matter of time before a club snapped him up. Somehow, our incompetent bunch of buffoons on the board managed to fluke a smart decision for the first time in over a decade.

Parko1310

Juniors
If Ryles had got the job I'm 100% sure we'd be sitting here now with maybe 1 win on the board out of 8 games.
Like it or not, Flanno was easily the best available coach on the market. Was only a matter of time before a club snapped him up. Somehow, our incompetent bunch of buffoons on the board managed to fluke a smart decision for the first time in over a decade.
The issue I have now is that all these hopeless individuals within the club are hiding behind Flano's appointment. A lot of fans have been willing to ignore the utter incompetence of people like Haran, Millward, Doust, Piggot, C Young because of the appointment of a promising premiership winning coach. What Ryles did have right was asking for control of the football department and basically telling the board to stay out of it. The last time we won, the coach did the same thing. These idiots just can't help but block our path to success in some sort of delusional fantasy where they believe they assist us rather than hamstring us despite repeated stuff ups, clear poor leadership, and just complete and utter failure for close to 15 years. That's exactly what these individuals are in their role at the Dragons, failures.

Illusion

Bench
X2 .......
The issue I have now is that all these hopeless individuals within the club are hiding behind Flano's appointment. A lot of fans have been willing to ignore the utter incompetence of people like Haran, Millward, Doust, Piggot, C Young because of the appointment of a promising premiership winning coach. What Ryles did have right was asking for control of the football department and basically telling the board to stay out of it. The last time we won, the coach did the same thing. These idiots just can't help but block our path to success in some sort of delusional fantasy where they believe they assist us rather than hamstring us despite repeated stuff ups, clear poor leadership, and just complete and utter failure for close to 15 years. That's exactly what these individuals are in their role at the Dragons, failures.
........ X2

BLM01

First Grade
Hi @Phantom V . The best advice I have ever received on this forum was where to find the "Ignore" button!
No I like reading some comments as a lot of big predictions there especially around comparisons to favourites like Hook, Mary. Just saving few only for a rainy day ;) :D
Already shot part of the foot off in respect to comments made as far back as pre-season

Last edited:

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
No I like reading some comments as a lot of big predictions there especially around comparisons to favourites like Hook, Mary. Just saving few only for a rainy day ;) :D
Already shot part of the foot off in respect to comments made as far back as pre-season
That's OK for you @BLM01 . You must have a much higher tolerance level for (what I believe to be) foolish and unhelpful comments. Good luck to you.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
Exactly right and this begs the question of why Flanno didn't stipulate the same or similar to Ryles?

You would think a so called proven and premiership winning coach would have a fair idea of what was needed, especially when a rookie coach already had the stones to do the same thing.

Flanagan was desperate and took the easy option to the job and that's why he won't be a successful coach at the dragons. In my view his failures in the role will be his of his own doing for not making the same demands that Ryles did.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
What foolish remarks from you.

Let's pretend that there is a way you can predict win loss ratios for coaches who haven't coached at the club firstly, secondly even if the first point were true, the club would be in a much better position for the future should we have a coach who had taken responsibility away from the people you labelled an incompetent bunch of buffoons.

Why would you focus on 8 games with a piss poor defensive record in them and somehow that gets higher priority in your books than a coach who actually knew how to fix the club's problems?

We're all dumber for having read your post.

KingFlanno7

Juniors
Just add him, she, they or them to the ignore list. He, she, they or them isnt a real fan just a bandwagon supporter who hates life. Wouldnt want to hurt the poor sods feelings now would we...

BLM01

First Grade
What foolish remarks from you.

Let's pretend that there is a way you can predict win loss ratios for coaches who haven't coached at the club firstly, secondly even if the first point were true, the club would be in a much better position for the future should we have a coach who had taken responsibility away from the people you labelled an incompetent bunch of buffoons.

Why would you focus on 8 games with a piss poor defensive record in them and somehow that gets higher priority in your books than a coach who actually knew how to fix the club's problems?

We're all dumber for having read your post.
That is funny, have you not done your own predictions about Flanno who had not coached at this club either and even now has only just started