What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

I love Kogarah myself but I see merit in what you say.

An example is the West's tigers.
They never fully embraced the Campbelltown area.

If you went to the Game against us or Brisbane there were less Tigers fans.

They lost a generation of fans from the area.
Tigers chasing dollars by playing games away from their 2 home grounds is really stupid. Definitely should have a 6/6 split to keep both sides of JV engaged. The Campbelltown area is where their juniors are.

Old Timer

Coach
Walk into the Steelers Club and rejoice at what’s on offer with a permanent move from Kogarah to Wollongong.

It certainly has moved with the times and provides every modern facility a big name club needs unlike the TAJ.

The place is a f**king joke and despite us having 2 homes and theoretically 2 clubs there aren’t even reciprocal rights between them.

BLM01

First Grade
Saints need to chase guys like Illias and Blaize Talagi. They are no chance of landing any NRL experienced marquee players so should target potential junior marquees. Blaize would be a great swap for Lomax. Illias with Hunt at hooker or 5/8 would be a good step in the right direction. KFlanno to 14 or hooker. Let Blaze get is 1 season experience at the Eels and capitalise on it next season as this kid looks like a gun. They should also go the Canberra guy Trey Mooney.

Before they do this need a recruitment guy if Millard is not well. WTF? If he has been out and we are in round 10 then what are they waiting for in terms of getting such an important role for a club in place. This is just a great example of how poor the club is run. The mighty Dargons....
I disagree re recruitment
Unless you want Haran or Millward or some other inter club nuffie doing recruitment they don’t grow on trees nir any decent availability mid season. Every club has shored up their positions now so we will have to wait and offer someone for next year if Shane can’t return
Unless some has been recruitment guy is waiting or looking for a job
Until then Flanno has to do both

Mojo

Bench
I actually think the opportunity is the other way around, Wollongong is becoming a hub for people moving away from Sydney due to cost of living pressures. The Wollongong in the next ten years is going to expand and there's an opportunity to sure up a fan base there. Build an elite stadium there use it for league, a league, big events on the south Coast.

Target programs to encourage more engagement with the community moving into the region. They are young families.

If you look at crowd numbers for the two grounds kogarah continues to have smaller numbers and is far from a fortress.

I am a st george man, born and live in the area.
Fair enough. Just some sort clarity as to what the club is trying to achieve. I never imagined being a St George would become some sort of purgatory. What about a combination of both strategies - ie ; a serious plan to cultivate both 'regions'.

It feels like this club is permanently waiting for something to happen.

twinkletoes

Juniors
Saw that Norm Black from TripADeal, a Dragons major sponsor, was meeting with Schuster and his manager over the weekend on the Gold Coast...story said he was there offering to mentor Schuster....read what you like into that. But it got me thinking the Dragons have a very influential following in terms of not only sponsors but high profile fans in the corporate, political, sporting and media worlds....we should be utilising these people to influence potential recruits and their managers...The Roosters are masters at doing this with their board members, sponsors and "influencers"

Gomarchin

Juniors
No way its about winning comps then.. Panthers were his best chance to do that and to unlock his potential. How do you feel if you're Siua Wong? I'd be on the phone to him right away if I'm Flano. That is, if we can't land Crichton
I reckon the Panfers will be after Crichton and will probably sign him.

Meanwhile the dragons will be looking to sign the rejects/plodders that nobody wants.

Maybe we should replace the 'St George Bank' sponsorship with John West.

Is this the same tripadeal who sponsor Manly?
Hence his connection to Schuster, but Norm Black is a well documented Dragons supported with many RED V connections

Read into it what you will

maestro1

Bench
Saints need to chase guys like Illias and Blaize Talagi. They are no chance of landing any NRL experienced marquee players so should target potential junior marquees. Blaize would be a great swap for Lomax. Illias with Hunt at hooker or 5/8 would be a good step in the right direction. KFlanno to 14 or hooker. Let Blaze get is 1 season experience at the Eels and capitalise on it next season as this kid looks like a gun. They should also go the Canberra guy Trey Mooney.

Before they do this need a recruitment guy if Millard is not well. WTF? If he has been out and we are in round 10 then what are they waiting for in terms of getting such an important role for a club in place. This is just a great example of how poor the club is run. The mighty Dargons....
Management don't care, fxck they had Millward and Haran doing it forever. If they were happy with these two then they are morons.... Worse, morons who don't care

So he probably just knows Schuster through Manly and zero to do with Dragons?
I know Flanagan has already said no thanks to Schuster, but things can change really fast in this game.
Norm Black is a Dragon's tragic, so maybe he is trying to get a read on where Schuster's head is at, and report back to Flanagan about their talks.
Schuster is a big body, with a great skills set, who with his head clear and personal problems behind him, could be a real asset to the Dragons at the right price.

Lennyb

Juniors
Hence his connection to Schuster, but Norm Black is a well documented Dragons supported with many RED V connections

Read into it what you will

Is his dad Peter?

Latest posts