What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

kit66

Bench
hes a 1 i reckon.. 6 maybe in a few years.. prob be a decent winger also.. and could prob grow into a ctr if thats what we needed.. this would be difficult to raise when ur trying to pull him out of the eels though.. 'play where we tell u'

His best games in 1sts and reserves have been playing fullback, speed and skill. He goes ok in the halves but he's more dangerous at fullback and I think that's where he'll play for the next few years before switching to the halves. We'd be unlikely to offer him a 1 jersey, 6 maybe or more likely a centre spot when he and his manager would be after a fullback or halve's money and jersey to match.

Parko1310

Juniors
Carayanis has confirmed the Dragons have offered Peter O'Suliivan a deal that would make him the highest paid recruitment manager in the game. Currently looking over the offer and weighing up his options. Reportedly O'Sullivan has a "close allegiance" to Shane Flanagan as well. This would be massive, lets hope we can get it done

Dragon David

First Grade
Carayanis has confirmed the Dragons have offered Peter O'Suliivan a deal that would make him the highest paid recruitment manager in the game. Currently looking over the offer and weighing up his options. Reportedly O'Sullivan has a "close allegiance" to Shane Flanagan as well. This would be massive, lets hope we can get it done
That's the way Dragons. Do not fail on this mission, please. If we can land O'Sullivan it would help the club immensely. Offering high dollars for his services together with some other incentives will hopefully get him signed up by us.

Offering high dollars for his services together with some other incentives will hopefully get him signed up by us.
DD yes O'Sullivan has the runs on the board and would be a coup, plus as a mentor to our Pathways R&R boss who scouted out the likes of Loko, Jake, Latu, TPH, Williams etc, for this clubs future. When O'S leaves he steps into his seat. Who is he btw?

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
DD yes O'Sullivan has the runs on the board and would be a coup, plus as a mentor to our Pathways R&R boss who scouted out the likes of Loko, Jake, Latu, TPH, Williams etc, for this clubs future. When O'S leaves he steps into his seat. Who is he btw?
Shane Millard is/has been the Recruitment and Pathways Manager. He has been off sick and not likely to return that is why the Dragons are trying to get a reputable replacement for him and hopefully it will be Peter O'Sullivan.

Gardenia

Juniors
Didnt offer him a car? On talent alone Roosters should be close to winning the premiership with the players they have have been able to get together
If I was a betting person, I would put money on Panthers winning the next GF over the Roosters. Just my hunch they just seem to get it done and have the next man up mentality whereas other teams fall in a heap if key players go out injured.

Hearing Sloan has been offered a two year extension and believe he will accept unless he is being told they want the prospective Tuilagi as the fullback next year.

Last edited:

Parko1310

Juniors

NRL market watch: Jack de Belin preparing to quit Dragons, Jack Bird’s contract twist​

Jack de Belin says St George Illawarra’s contract stance could force him out of the club, Jack Bird is unhappy with his deal, while the Dragons wait nervously on two other stars.

Michael Carayannis

@mcarayannis

3 min read
May 18, 2024 - 6:00AM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom
https://archive.md/L58AJ#share-tools

NRL: Dragons playmaker Ben Hunt recounts a funny exchange with a frustrated Zac Lomax after he ignored the winger's requests for a captain's challenge against the Rabbitohs.
St George Illawarra forward Jack de Belin will have to walk away from the club if he wants to a secure a multi-year deal.
De Belin is part of a quartet of Red-V stars - alongside Jack Bird, Jaydn Su’A and Tyrell Sloan - who are in the midst of contract talks about their futures beyond this season.
So far, veteran forward de Belin has been reluctant to take up St George Illawarra’s one-year offer.
At 33, the Dragons have not closed the door on de Belin playing beyond the next 12 months, but they only want to offer a rolling season-by-season deal.
Jack de Belin could join Zac Lomax in the Dragons’ departure round. Picture: Mark Metcalfe/Getty Images

Jack de Belin could join Zac Lomax in the Dragons’ departure round. Picture: Mark Metcalfe/Getty Images
It leaves de Belin with the very real prospect of joining another NRL club with a move to the Super League seemingly unlikely.
“I was looking for a long-term contract,” de Belin said. “They are keen to go year by year. We’ll see what happens. I still have another two or three years at least.
“It is frustrating but it’s a business. I can understand what the club is doing. That’s why you pay a manager good money.
“My preference has always been to stay in the NRL and be a one-club man. At the same time,
The NRL’s $10m shopping list as free agency deadline looms
my manager has to explore all avenues. I have a young family and I haven’t got long left. I need to make the most of it.”
De Belin is in the final year of a long-term deal after taking up an option in his favour to remain at the club this year on a contract which began in 2021. Only Ben Hornby, Ben Creagh, Jason Nightingale and Matt Cooper have played more games for St George Illawarra than de Belin.
He is now getting his head around the fact that this year might be his last at the club.
“I don’t want to say (that I won’t be here) for sure but at the same time I have to weigh up the options,” de Belin said. “If the club isn’t keen to keep you … I’ve always had the attitude that, if I play good footy, it will take care of itself.

“You can control the narrative (by playing good football). That’s what I’ve been trying to do.
“Initially it (frustrated me) when I didn’t feel like I was getting the same interest in the club wanting me here but at the same time it was good kick up the bum that you’ve got to play good footy.”
De Belin is not the only Dragon yet to secure his long-term future. St George Illawarra are awaiting word from Jaydn Su’A and Tyrell Sloan to see if either of the pair will take up deals the club has put to them.
While Jack Bird is also in limbo with a potential one year offer available. Bird’s 2025 deal is a mutual option – meaning either party can take up the contract.
If Jack Bird takes up his contract option with the Dragons for 2025, it will be at a significantly reduced rate. Picture: Mark Metcalfe/Getty Images

If Jack Bird takes up his contract option with the Dragons for 2025, it will be at a significantly reduced rate. Picture: Mark Metcalfe/Getty Images
The Dragons have already indicated they won’t exercise their side of the option leaving Bird until June 30 to take up a contract on a significantly reduced rate.

More Coverage​

NRL free agency analysis: Dragons face big decision on Hunt NRL free agency analysis: Dragons face big decision on Hunt
Bird, 29, knows he needs to perform better to try and entice the club to hand him a multi-year deal.
“I still have an option to stay,” Bird said. “I need to start playing good footy if I want a good contract. “I don’t want to stay for that contract, I want to earn to get an extended contract. I need to pull my finger out and play a bit better and earn a longer contract.
“I haven’t spoken to the club yet. It’ll depend on how I play the next few weeks.”

Obviously looking at Tuilagi as Tamale appears to be on the outer. Brilliant in attack but brittle in defense. Sione Finau here till '25, but when is he going to get a second top grade game with Flanagan extending Allan and bringing Christian T here.

Latest posts