What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The sex pistols were crap

millersnose

Post Whore
any band who actually tries to sound bad doesnt cut it

publicity whores who were never about music just trying to impress teenage dimwits that they were something new

funny thing is some dimwits fell for the hype and actually think this bunch of tone deaf primadonnas have something worthwhile despite the awful out of tune noise

millersnose

Post Whore
just annoyed by the crappy t shirts and avatars usually possesed by those equally as tone deaf as their heros

fat_mike

Juniors
plenty of punk bands who wipe the floor with the pistols, but you cant deny the amount of bands the pistols have influenced. some of the big punk names today will cite them as influences.

maclaren made the mistake of getting sid into th band to enhance the punk image, sid was useless on bass.

Rexxy

Coach
I was wondering how long it would be before I got a bite.

But I have to take your hat off to you Millers.

You're THE master baiter.

"no future, no future, no future for you"

LOL

Four corners..... #-o

beaussie is a gay AFL supporter who leaves bait threads all over TFC. The reason I compared him to you millers is that his are bullshit too.

;-)

millersnose

Post Whore
oh EA i am serious

the sex pistols were perhaps the worst phenomenon in music in history

beating even the likes of boy george, adam and the ants, billy idol and reggae

Rexxy

Coach
Since when was this Sex Pistols/Pink Floyd debate ever about the music?

It's way more serious than that.

It's about influence.

And fashion too

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
The Pistols were actually a pretty decent band on "Never Mind the Bollocks" but as soon as Genn Matlock left it was all over. Sid could hardly play a note and from that point it was solely about the image and shock value. Anarchy in the UK" and "God Save the Queen" are still classic tracks though.

fat_mike

Juniors
the never mind the bollocks classic album dvd is a prtty interesting watch. jones and matlock were pretty good musicians. you could tell they werent all that happy when sid was introduced. one of maclarens best

Rexxy

Coach
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
I reckon when you're being pissed on by the lead singer, the music doesn't really matter that much.

there's nothing like a bit of urine being splashed around to liven up a party.

millersnose

Post Whore
Rex said:
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
I reckon when you're being pissed on by the lead singer, the music doesn't really matter that much.

there's nothing like a bit of urine being splashed around to liven up a party.

jeez

i dont think i will come around for that dinner party after all rex

thanks all the same

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
They are partially responsible for the whole punk movement

Very inspirtational band, but technically they were not that good.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I don't know how to answer this question :? ....Musically they where terrible!!, terrible guitar, terrible vocals...terrible everything!!.....but gee i sure enjoy listening to them :lol:

They where responsible for another significant moment in music evolution, they brought a new market to the fray.....this deserves alot of credit!

Sex Pistols where my favourite punk band, however millersnose....do not ever put crap on my man Idol!! :lol: .....he's a gem & actually underated, some of his solo stuff was fantastic..and i know have his best off!

Dani

Immortal
couldn't agree with you more ron. has anyone seen 'the filth and the fury'? good documentry.
oh and billy idol is the man he was still going strong when i saw him a couple of years ago!

Latest posts