What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Sharkies are back

This is exactly what both leagues DO NOT need.The only problem i see with the AMNRL and the USARL is the constant pissing match that is going to take place over this split. there is no reason to bicker back and fourth about why things happend the way they did. its old news and move on. i have news for you boys and girls, both organizations are going to have to peacfuly co-exsist, atleast for the time being and if the higher ups in both parties can't then we as players better for the sake of the game in the US. if the sharks had it there way we would have chose to just play with no afiliation to either side. It's like a bunch of children arguing whos dad is more tough, cut the sh*t! we collectivly as a group decided we just want to play. that should be the common goal of all parties involved. yea the whole "love of the game" cliche maybe played out, but right now in america whether it be the best run organization in the AMNRL or USARL, or a team that can only field 13 guys on a staurday. we are all just playing just to play. i wish every rugby League team in the US of A good luck this season and ill let everyone else argue who's better than who.

Rampart66

Juniors
I'm sure I speak for all of us in the USARL in wishing Tim and the Sharks the best of luck this season. Regardless of the split, I know that the AMNRL will be a tough competition as ever with the Bulls, Knights and Wildcats to contend with. Kudos for helping to grow the sport with a homegrown side and here's to a success filled 2011 season.

joshreading

Staff member
Congrats on getting back up and running!!! Whatever the comp, it is more RL being played.

Are you 'allowed' or have you thought of playing 'friendlies' across the border, maybe against the Fight? Especially as there does seem to be some links between the Clubs it might be a good place to start in keeping positive relations going.

RedVee

First Grade
Any reason you guys chose Sharks? Is Bucks County coastal?
I realise you where previously NJ Sharks, but I was wondering if another name was considered for your relaunch under Bucks County? (yep I now you were Bucks County before as well). Bucks County Bucks? Stags?
You may realise at this point I have No Idea on the environment around Buck County... But I didnt see this sort of info in the History (or an About Us) section on the website.

Cheers

Last edited:

MR KNIGHT

Juniors
We could go back and forth all day, but I agree, no need to get in a pissing match.

I love it that the sharks are back and I agree this thread should stay on that. Most of the players just want to play. The Knights look forward to playing the Sharks this year and wish them all the best.

is being close to the delaware river coastal? haha. No we are a suburb 30 minutes outside the city of Philadelphia. The sharks have always played in Bucks county. to be more exact levittown, pennsylvania. we have never at any point played in New Jersey. basicaly we took the name "New Jersey" sharks at the inception of the AMNRL to make it look like a larger market. As for the name, we were one of the original teams in RL in the US. im sure we can change the name, but believe it or not the sharks have a great history and we take pride in calling ourselves the sharks.

RedVee

First Grade
is being close to the delaware river coastal? haha. No we are a suburb 30 minutes outside the city of Philadelphia. The sharks have always played in Bucks county. to be more exact levittown, pennsylvania. we have never at any point played in New Jersey. basicaly we took the name "New Jersey" sharks at the inception of the AMNRL to make it look like a larger market. As for the name, we were one of the original teams in RL in the US. im sure we can change the name, but believe it or not the sharks have a great history and we take pride in calling ourselves the sharks.

Ok, thats cool. Just wondering about the story behind the name.

pennpool

Juniors
everyone has been busy behind the scenes but a quick up date.

The sharks recently held a beef n beer fund raiser. There were 90 people in attendance and they pretty much raised enough money to run the team with out loss for the up coming season. Now they have to raise funds for a new uniform, not the most important thing as they have sets from years gone buy..

KiwiStorm

Juniors
Great to hear that their fundraiser went so well, pennpool - hope they also manage to fundraise enough for new uniforms for this season.

KiwiStorm

Juniors
Great to hear that their fundraiser went so well, pennpool - hope they also manage to fundraise enough for new uniforms for this season.

RedVee

First Grade
Hey PennPool,

Do you guys have a shop with Tshirts and the like for sale?
My mate is a (whisper it) Cronulla supporter and he could possibly be persuaded to buy a Bucks Tshirt or whatever if they look ok and are reasonably priced etc.

Cheers

pennpool

Juniors
redvee. we will be slowly working up to that. we have just secured facilities with showers, changing rooms and private club house. very much like amature teams in the uk. it doesnt sound much but it is a huge step in the correct direction for an american team.

thanks to all the others for the support.

deluded pom?

Coach
redvee. we will be slowly working up to that. we have just secured facilities with showers, changing rooms and private club house. very much like amature teams in the uk. it doesnt sound much but it is a huge step in the correct direction for an american team.

thanks to all the others for the support.

What's the arrangement with the clubhouse? Do you get any percentage of the profits it might generate on game days?

pennpool

Juniors
first of many new sharks sponsors for 2011

Dynamic Consulting Group

Proud sponsor of the 2011 Bucks County Sharks Training Gear

Visit the Website of Dynamic Consulting Group
Dynamic Consulting Group is an established consulting company offering a robust variety of innovative UNIX, Network and Systems Management as well as Web Development services to the Enterprise Management business community.
Our staff of certified HP/Openview Consultants and Web Developers, highly-experienced Microsoft Engineers and seasoned Solaris consultants are poised and ready to offer practical and affordable solutions to all of your
Enterprise Management needs.
Dynamic Consulting Group (DCG) is a Hewlett Packard (HP) channel partner that provides quality services to HP customers for the Business Technology Optimization® (Operations Management®) software suite of products, HP-Unix High Availability, and custom related Operations Management® Web Application Development.
DCG was established in 1999 and is centrally located in Flemington, NJ, USA.

pennpool

Juniors
Bucks county sharks secure Sam Conner for 2011.​
Sam Conner has committed to the sharks 2011 season. Sam, a 6’2”, 210 lbs ball playing lock from Salford, got his first taste of American action recently in the “Brasserie chalon Atlantic challenge cup” for the Philadelphia Fight vs Haresfinch. Sam, also a laser goal kicker, was integral in securing the draw for the Americans with a late penalty conversion.

Sam will arrive in Philadelphia In early June and will be raring to go. “I was so surprised by the intensity of the boys over in England, the way they defended surprised a lot of us English and now I just can’t wait to join up with the sharks and hopefully help bring the boys to the next level, both in defence and attack”, said Sam.

Sam is a sizeable lock with great defence and an even better array of attacking skills. He will bring a sense of organization and leadership to the Sharks attacking line as seen in his captaining of “Salford schools in the northwest challenge final”. Sam, even though he is only 21, brings a lot of maturity with him. As well as captaining Salford Schools he has also tasted early representative honours with the Manchester and Salford district team and is a constant main stay with the Irlam Hornets.

“The good thing about Sam is he can slot into many positions be it Lock, Stand off, Second row or the back line. He is a big boy and it shows in his running and big hits in defence” Said Co. Player coach, Stephen Thompson. “We look forward to seeing where Sam can help take our young team, its exciting times ahead for the new look sharks” commented “Club President” Tim McCall. Both Phil, Co. Player coach, and Stephen had the pleasure to play along side Sam in England. “Considering Sam had only just met the boys 30 minutes before kick off, you could clearly see his confidence when he stepped up to take goal kicking duties and proceed to step into the line to add that extra pass to get the ball out to the speedy wide players” said Co. Player coach Shipos. All in all we have high hopes for Sam this season.

pennpool

Juniors
What's the arrangement with the clubhouse? Do you get any percentage of the profits it might generate on game days?

This is the first year so we are just happy to upgrade our playing and hosting facilities. we plan to host at least 2 of the 3 double/triple headers scheduled for the Philadelphia area. from then we will look to see what other benefits there are going forward