What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The silence was deafening

Marchad

Juniors
We must have the quietest fans in the NRL or the tv networks don’t put crowd mics out at our home games. Even the ground announcer doesn’t get into it.
You listen to the crowd at a Souths game and they’re constantly cheering and booing and trying their best to lift up their team and distracting the opposition.
But not a peep out of the Shark supporters unless we make a break or do a big hit.

snout

First Grade
Hard to cheer dropped balls and squandered opportunities.
Cant cheer another howler from the number 7.
Cant cheer the other team as ghey are given a legup to get back in the game by amateur plays.

That only leaves booing.
Could always go with that...l was bagging the shite out of for the last 70 minutes in front of the tele.

Quicksilver

Bench
I’ve stopped yelling at games because I’m the only one doing it.

Everyone just looks at you.

Not worth it. Particularly with the security presence.

I don’t care, the players don’t care. We all stand around in silence for 80 minutes and go home a little bit agitated by a lethargic performance.

Good times.

We must have the quietest fans in the NRL or the tv networks don’t put crowd mics out at our home games. Even the ground announcer doesn’t get into it.
You listen to the crowd at a Souths game and they’re constantly cheering and booing and trying their best to lift up their team and distracting the opposition.
But not a peep out of the Shark supporters unless we make a break or do a big hit.

Don't Know so much about Souths games 'crowd noise', but watching the Bulldogs v Souths game, any stoppage of play for scrum, penalty, lining up for goals or kick off was accompanied by some of the most shit rock and roll, you could ever hear!

Tucky

Juniors
I’ve stopped yelling at games because I’m the only one doing it.

Everyone just looks at you.

Not worth it. Particularly with the security presence.

I don’t care, the players don’t care. We all stand around in silence for 80 minutes and go home a little bit agitated by a lethargic performance.

Good times.
That was the same as me at the Broncos game at Suncorp this year....I normally yell and carry on, but not this year.